Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I threw away most of my original team (Krillin, Gotenks, Kid Buu) to make a new one. Kid Buu, Nappa, Goku Black.

I like Kid Buu a lot. Especially when I get that real satisfying low kick from across the screen, as yeah.

Nappa's fun, but I feel like I can never do anything with him. Like maybe I should get rid of him so I can learn someone I'm better with. But he's so big and cool!!

Black I like well enough but I don't like that everyone uses him. So I wanna switch him or for someone else. Maybe I'll go back to Krillin or Gotenks? Not really sure. Hum hum hum.

Jan 15, 2018
I threw away most of my original team (Krillin, Gotenks, Kid Buu) to make a new one. Kid Buu, Nappa, Goku Black.

I like Kid Buu a lot. Especially when I get that real satisfying low kick from across the screen, as yeah.

Nappa's fun, but I feel like I can never do anything with him. Like maybe I should get rid of him so I can learn someone I'm better with. But he's so big and cool!!

Black I like well enough but I don't like that everyone uses him. So I wanna switch him or for someone else. Maybe I'll go back to Krillin or Gotenks? Not really sure. Hum hum hum.

Anybody with a beam assist is always a good choice, like Goku or Tien

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
How do I get the God characters? Did not preorder.
Vegeta unlocks automatically at the lifetime 300.000 zeni mark, Goku at 500.000. No need to pay for them or have all that money in your wallet, you just need to have collected those amounts over the course of the game.

Alternatively, I heard you can unlock them by clearing Arcade mode on hard. I'm not sure about the specifics, though.

Oct 25, 2017
canada
tip for ppl on PS4 controller

I find using L3 for sparking blast is a lot easier than using the wonky DS4 triggers

---------------------------------------

Is tien the only character so far with a 100%dmg no assist combo?

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Yeah I've cheesed out some wins with the constant teleports

I had a crazy ending yesterday, it was my Adult Gohan vs their character (Trunks I think?) right at the end of the match, both with low help. I screwed up a combo in the air near the corner, and got a wall bounce instead of a hard knockdown. I had already landed and put in the input for the Bros Kamehameha before I realized. So I start he super, he lands behind me, I have low health, it should be over. For some reason, the way he tried to punish my super... was with a vanish. Which just warped him directly into my super, and I won. It was a roller coaster of emotions.

Rekshinhan

Jan 10, 2018
Most used characters online (from my experience): A.Gohan & Goku Black. I see the community's established a temp. S-Class for the time being.

My team looks like this:

18/Tien/SSJ Vegeta - 18 to pressure the opponent into a corner with 17 + assists. Then I send out Tien for overall awesomeness plus volleyball fist w/Vegeta assist. Thinking about rotating Ginyu with 18 from time to time.

My original team was Trunks/Tien/Frieza - High level Trunks combos look way over my head and I could never get myself to play well with Frieza vs higher level players. That down medium into Heavy/Down Heavy becomes way too predictable.

Deleted member 419

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most used characters online (from my experience): A.Gohan & Goku Black. I see the community's established a temp. S-Class for the time being.
Add Vegeta for that insanely OP assist

The ones I've seen the least are Majin Buu and Android 18. Also Beerus doesn't seem to come up too often.

I'm currently 18/Beerus/Frieza. The team has no synergy at all, I just like the characters lol

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen Goku Black, SSJ Vegeta and Cell the most personally. Haven't run into a single Majin Buu or Gotenks yet.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Who has good synergy with Tien?

I'm currently rolling Tien/SSB Vegeta/16 but it still doesn't feel quite right.

I think Vegeta is definitely going to get the boot for someone else soon. Just trying to figure out who.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the most optimal way to handle someone with level 3 sparking up when you hit a combo? It seems universal that level 3 supers are purely blue damage and not usually worth it, is level 1 better to end with so they don't heal it all back?

Some supers do more burst atleast (Frieza's level 3 off the top of my head can pull a win) but something like Final Flash seems to do outright 0 damage as it heals as fast as the hits come in. I think that's more common across the board atleast.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
What's the most optimal way to handle someone with level 3 sparking up when you hit a combo? It seems universal that level 3 supers are purely blue damage and not usually worth it, is level 1 better to end with so they don't heal it all back?

Some supers do more burst atleast (Frieza's level 3 off the top of my head can pull a win) but something like Final Flash seems to do outright 0 damage as it heals as fast as the hits come in. I think that's more common across the board atleast.

Supers should really only be used to waste time or to kill. I generally don't even use supers unless they have like half their sparking left. I'm more likely to use my meter for vanishes (to get out of corner or to convert off of beams), or guard cancels.

Oct 25, 2017
canada
Who has good synergy with Tien?

I'm currently rolling Tien/SSB Vegeta/16 but it still doesn't feel quite right.

I think Vegeta is definitely going to get the boot for someone else soon. Just trying to figure out who.

Thats actually my team and it works pretty great, each are great with each other. Tien and 16 go well

Tien super in the sky down into VBs diagonal beam is really cool looking

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah but the other three don't seem as well covered as Tien, which is why I'm surprised you're not seeing him much online.

I actually really like Tien and I slot him around all over the place in a couple different teams, but before I tried everybody I wasn't even fathoming the idea. His supers damaging him except for Farewell, Chiaozu, and his reliance on Chiaozu in general kinda turned me off. I love Tien but I've never really liked the little dude. Also I was slightly bitter that he wasn't in his white tanktop from DBZ, for nostalgia's sake. Maybe other people are as petty as I am lol

I think you're going to see him more soon in about a month or so, though. His damage is too strong to ignore, and as people branch out and try other things he'll see some use. His beam is actually better for some scenario's than Black's. Majin Buu is going to end up surprising people as well. Ginyu seems okay, but I haven't seen anything from Krillin that makes him seem threatening compared to the rest of the cast.

Supers should really only be used to waste time or to kill. I generally don't even use supers unless they have like half their sparking left. I'm more likely to use my meter for vanishes (to get out of corner or to convert off of beams), or guard cancels.

A large part of Level 3 strength definitely comes from what they do against sparking. Vegeta's is underwhelming as stated before, and I think Goku Black's one weakness as an anchor is how long his takes. It's pretty much completely negated by sparking's health regen. Other supers like Piccolo's or Tien's (for Chiaozu or the initial Neo Tri Beam at least), on the other hand, are pretty much instant and can guarantee a kill where most characters can't. It's something I haven't seen a lot of people talk about or consider.

Last edited:

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately there's an option select that blows this up for the most part lol.
After testing it myself for a good period of time, I don't like it. The timing to pull it off is actually very strict, and you'll get blown up if Yamcha stays in front unless you master the very precise timing it needs.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
After testing it myself for a good period of time, I don't like it. The timing to pull it off is actually very strict, and you'll get blown up if Yamcha stays in front unless you master the very precise timing it needs.

It's a tight OS but given some time and I'm sure people will mostly get it.

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Not a lv3, unless it's gonna kill them.

If you have multiple characters, Lv1 DHCs are the best option since they'll do the most effective damage.

But generally speaking, i do as much as I can to simply not fight Sparking lv3

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love Krillin. I'm running Android 18, Krillin and now SSGSS (SSB) Vegeta as my squad. I had a hard time finding a solid third person but I tried out Vegeta and really liked him.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody with a beam assist is always a good choice, like Goku or Tien
I'm not really into the idea of playing either of those characters haha. Not really a gameplay thing just a character thing. I might go Vegeta, though. Might as well try him at least.

Not that I even have s good feel for using assists yet!

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Sure it's been harped on to death already, but man the load times on OG PS4 really drag down the game for me. Wish Monster Hunter hadn't come out at the same time as this. Been wanting to play more but I've been so hooked on MHW.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I actually really like Tien and I slot him around all over the place in a couple different teams, but before I tried everybody I wasn't even fathoming the idea. His supers damaging him except for Farewell, Chiaozu, and his reliance on Chiaozu in general kinda turned me off. I love Tien but I've never really liked the little dude.

ed46734194.jpg

LTWheels

Nov 8, 2017
Can't deal with constant button pressing/spam at my level of play. My defence is not good enough to stop it, and I when I think they have stopped attacking I'm hit by an auto combo light or super dash.

Whiffed so many 2h online trying to counter super dashes and eat full auto combos.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I actually really like Tien and I slot him around all over the place in a couple different teams, but before I tried everybody I wasn't even fathoming the idea. His supers damaging him except for Farewell, Chiaozu, and his reliance on Chiaozu in general kinda turned me off. I love Tien but I've never really liked the little dude. Also I was slightly bitter that he wasn't in his white tanktop from DBZ, for nos

I have no nostalgia for the anime, but I love Tien for the chiaozu suicide move alone. I get some sick joy killing a character off with it, especially against another Tien.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy Tien but at the same time I have no real idea what to do with him in neutral for the most part. I at least have Kid Buu to try and set up some blockstring shenanigans.

Out_Of_Ammo

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Who would be the better point character between Cell and Nappa? I'm using Vegeta Blue as anchor and Cell as point for now, but I'm thinking Cell may be better on the second spot since his assist is better then Nappa's.

Status
Not open for further replies.