• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
So Kale is now literally female Broly in canon? Since Universe 6 is the parallel counterpart of 7

Azerare

Oct 25, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

more canon.
You got one with Zeno?

So Kale is now literally female Broly in canon? Since Universe 6 is the parallel counterpart of 7
No, we now have a Male Kale.

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they go full stupid with this, have him kill all of Zeno's angels while calling himself the Devil or something hilarious like that.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
I assume Broly is going to be Yamoshi's ancient enemy, and the one he teamed up with other Saiyans to defeat/seal. I guess Broly's hatred of Goku will come from Yamoshi's spirit residing in him, but he'll also probably super hate Vegeta as he's the dead spit of him.

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I just meant his stupid backstory, not the possibility of him teaming up with Goku or something

Yeah that's what I was aiming for. Going by this thread appears to me that a team up is a possibility. I have not read any media in relation to that idea so i'm not sure. I think that would suck.

If anything needs definitive redemption (meta or otherwise) is his stupid backstory. That's for sure and I agree with that. May as well do it right.

Oct 28, 2017
Haha I can't believe overseas DB fans are part of the reason Broly is the focus of the new movie.

His power truly is maximum

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well then you have his personal--
His backsto--

Wait yeah you're right the only recognizable thing he has are his muscles.

And as much as you see the hardcore fans complaining about the character the truth none of them will admit is that he was extremely popular and that's why. Some fans just need to stop looking for depth in DB where there really is not much underneath the surface.

They are redoing his entire character

Uh Huh.

Now he screams "KAKAROTTTT...AND VEGETA!!"

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
And as much as you see the hardcore fans complaining about the character the truth none of them will admit is that he was extremely popular and that's why. Some fans just need to stop looking for depth in DB where there really is not much underneath the surface.
That's literally all it is. I like Broly cause he's a swole monster. That's it. That's all lol.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I would lol if Broly ends up turning good cause he has the hots for Kale and ends up staying in U6 as it's "guardian" as he settles down.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm fine with Broly. I prefer his base and his non-legendary designs much better though. perhaps he'll have a blue/god form where he's not swole af. Always found the swole form weird when you have have all the "swole" forms of fighters like Cell, Trunks, Goku, extremely slow.

I guess that's what makes him Legendary :P

mango.

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
broly_tencaichi_render_by_absalon21-d62ztfe.png

Broly's design is one of the best along Cell and Frieza. Good they are reusing him.
I'd just skip his USSJ and go straight to SSJ4. Make him explode his own skin and clothes becoming a fully nude ape-man that only grunts with a super saiyan monkey dong that shoots ki blasts, rotoscoped.

Nov 2, 2017
I'd really like him to actually be redeemed, that way he could be promoted to main cast, or at least series regular. It would be a hell of a turnaround for a "movie only" character. Honestly, if he ended up a good guy I'd probably finally take the time to watch Super. 17 pushed me close to watching it, Broly just might take me all the way

now give me Raditz goddammit

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
They should just have Broly hate Freeza instead of Goku in this one. Have the plot be something like:

>Freeza finds Broly in stasis somewhere in space and wakes him up

>Connect Broly to Yamoshi to provide more backstory for him and the Saiyans in general

>Broly eventually finds out that Freeza destroyed the Saiyans and goes apeshit

>Unable to stop him, Freeza flees to Earth, forcing Goku and Geets to help him or else Broly will destroy the planet in his fit of blind rage

Give this some great animation along with decent writing, and boom, you've got a passable Broly movie.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's literally all it is. I like Broly cause he's a swole monster. That's it. That's all lol.

And that's fine, I get it and there's nothing wrong with that. This is like the classic Shonen and some of the most popular villains are always the hulking unstoppable forces of nature that people see and go "Fuck. How the hell are they going to beat that?!" Jiren was basically the same just calmer and had a little more to say towards the end.

well it would've made more sense if his craziness was pointed at Vegeta in the first place.

But baby Goku scared him. I gave up trying to make sense of this shit awhile ago.

And just to add with the discussion of them changing his character. Like I said Broly is already popular. How much exactly can they change without alienating all the fans that want to see a hulking mindless SSJ brute smashing everything?

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
AT's gonna do something crazy and instead of what everyone assumes with Goku and Vegeta vs Broly it'll turn into a triple threat match.

Piku_Ringo

Oct 28, 2017
Broly lost to USSJ Goku with a powerup, and then in his return was basically on par with adult Gohan (who is weaker than teen Gohan), and defeated by Gohan/Trunks/Goten who all would have lost to Dabura. Even if you took the old movies as canon, he's a lightweight compared to SSJ2 Vegeta or Goku, meaning he's probably at or below Cell's level.

He'd be above that, but still under SSJ2 Vegeta and Goku.

I mean he just clearly explained why that isn't the case yet you refute it with literally zero evidence? Really?

Pre zenkai-boost Broly isn't even as powerful as Hachiyack.

Every villain was made to be stronger then the ones that preceded them, as was stated by those writing the scripts for the films. Meaning that Broly would have to be stronger the very same Bojacku that gave Post Cell arc Gohan a difficult time. You also have to take into account when the script for these films were being developed and where the anime was at the time during it's development and production. If you got official sources that state movie 10 Broly was weaker than Cell, Go right ahead.

Last edited:

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Toriyama constantly trying to make Broly a thing is almost as sad as people constantly swearing this next tournament will be the one Ash finally wins
Trying?
Dude is one of the most popular character in the series that shows up in almost every game now. Dude has been a thing for over a decade by now.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This movie is gonna be so good. Looking forward to it.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Uggghh.
At least Toriyama is doing his own take instead of just shoving Z Broly in.
DhsVhBdXUAEOKc0

We just had Kale though...

Quiksaver

Oct 26, 2017
Well, they finally did it, everyone! Broly is canon!
And I never doubted his powers would always be a foil to Vegeta and Kakarot's
Ever since the Emuboarding days, the DBZ-ME2 has predicted him as the cheapest final boss that has existed

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Toriyama constantly trying to make Broly a thing is almost as sad as people constantly swearing this next tournament will be the one Ash finally wins
What are you talking about, this is the first time Toriyama will ever do something with Broly. He had nothing to do with his story in the old movies and Kale was all TOEI.

And Broly already is "a thing", he's one of the most popular characters in the franchise