Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I'd take Goku over the other 10 clones we got in Smash

Echoes my ass, Nintendo
I just wish those pushing back the hardest had more interesting picks.

"Fuck Goku, give me these three people with swords from the series I like." At least my pick will get the widest reaction, excitement, butthurt, potential new fans, salt.

But anyway, we're asking for a mod warning at this point. Back on topic.

Anyone pick up Super on blu ray? How does that look?

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Stop cherrypicking everything I say.

"any anime character to be in Smash if they're been in a game according to you."
I did not say that. I even clarified on this exact page that's not what I meant.

Iconic in games, anime and manga.
Three decades of appearances in games.
More appearances on Nintendo systems than MOST of the Smash roster.
Literally animated with Mario in an SNES commercial.
Namco is developing Smash.

Individually, those reasons aren't worth much. Combined, that's deserving of a spot.

Again, if it doesn't happen, that's fair. Just saying, don't dismiss the possibility.

Do you give the slightest shit about Wonder Red?

What makes him "more deserving" besides that specific fanbase wanting validation?

You can't scoff at Wii Fit Trainer and then go, "but Yo Wonder Red Y'all".

Never played Wonderful 101, but I loved the idea of Red's moveset. And never scoffed at Wii Fit Trainer. I loved her from trailer 1, so what are you talking about?

And I'm not arguing 'who's worthy' since that's subjective. My issue with Goku is that he isn't a game character and Smash is about video games. Like I wouldn't want Link in Jump Superstar despite Link being my love since Ocarina of Time because he isn't a manga/anime character.

I'd take Goku over the other 10 clones we got in Smash

Echoes my ass, Nintendo

There are only three Echo Characters. Anyone who actually played Smash can tell you why the other aren't clones.

Oct 25, 2017
Never played Wonderful 101, but I loved the idea of Red's moveset. And never scoffed at Wii Fit Trainer. I loved her from trailer 1, so what are you talking about?

And I'm not arguing 'who's worthy' since that's subjective. My issue with Goku is that he isn't a game character and Smash is about video games. Like I wouldn't want Link in Jump Superstar despite Link being my love since Ocarina of Time because he isn't a manga/anime character.

There are only three Echo Characters. Anyone who actually played Smash can tell you why the other aren't clones.
If Link had a large manga/anime presence, he'd probably be a good fit. Since that's not the case, you're basically making that weak Michael Jackson point again.

I'm aware that Goku didn't originate from games, I'm arguing that because he's had such a large video game presence for decades, that shouldn't be held against him. In addition to all the other points I listed 10 times already and will not repeat.

That is really cool.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
tenor.gif
16_hold_this.jpg

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
I just wish those pushing back the hardest had more interesting picks.

"Fuck Goku, give me these three people with swords from the series I like." At least my pick will get the widest reaction, excitement, butthurt, potential new fans, salt.

But anyway, we're asking for a mod warning at this point. Back on topic.

Anyone pick up Super on blu ray? How does that look?
Wouldn't mind Goku one but as overall he'd be hype as fuck if he got in, but I personally would love Lip, Twintelle, or even the impossible of Wang Tang from the goddamn Power Stone series in the game (partially based on Goku too lol).

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
When Chi Chi kept on complaining that Goku never makes them any money how come Goku didn't just start a martial arts school? He'd be good at it.

I can only imagine Goku, someone who always searches out strong fighters, becoming incredibly bored by that. Unless he ended up getting them all to Krillin and Tien's level and fighting them all at once.

Would make for a hilarious filler episode though.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
When Chi Chi kept on complaining that Goku never makes them any money how come Goku didn't just start a martial arts school? He'd be good at it.

Goten says in the first episode of Super that Chichi told him that he could make a lot more money with martial arts like Satan, but Goku tells him he prefers farming because he can slack off and train.

Oct 25, 2017
She'd be perfect.

They don't like y'all anyways :P
Three things I learned yesterday, they'd take Master Chief over Goku.

And because I want Goku, apparently I'm in no position to make fun of someone pushing the importance of the "4th pillar of Kirby" Bandana Dee.

And watching Toad fans shit talk Dee while pushing the Captain and vice versa is the funniest thing ever.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
That character won't be in the story we're getting. Besides, this still will be animated by Toei and likely handled by their writing team. The game's story is very vague and basically just an outline like Toriyama's. I thought people in this thread for some reason loved Toei's writing team after Super?

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Someone in my country translate prison planet manga ch 1

Both Goku (SSJ4 vs Blue) still fighting while Fu explain everything and gave 6 star dragon ball to vegeta and mai unlike in game story.

So i guess both goku draw in manga (ch 2) and probably in anime.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
i am ready for the storm Heroes is gonna leave it its wake

So many people not knowing wtf is going on. Who the heck Xeno Goku is, etc. And so much more

and the salt thats gonna come from this goku vs goku match

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017

So many people not knowing wtf is going on. Who the heck Xeno Goku is, etc. And so much more

Their own fault for putting too much stock in a Japan-only arcade promo.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Unless they mess up really badly, this story should make for an easy introduction, since the Super characters will be meeting those elements for the first time too.

Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
Goten says in the first episode of Super that Chichi told him that he could make a lot more money with martial arts like Satan, but Goku tells him he prefers farming because he can slack off and train.
Damn, he can train with his students too, but at this point he's so strong he'd probably get nothing out of it especially in Super when he's basically a god now.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
Hey we're getting to watch a new Dragon Ball episode on Saturdays just like the old times :P

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Heroes episode 1 review:

It was a whole lot of nothing and things just happened. Goku vs Goku wasn't even a fight. Art was super stiff and there was very little animation.
The art was generally polished, but it's super mechanical looking and lacks life most of the time.
5/10, I expected worse, but it was still mediocre as fuck.

I just want to see a trailer for the movie already, I'm tired of Yamamuro.

Status
Not open for further replies.