• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
What does what mean?

I don't depend on growing stronger like Saiyan, I prefer the path of growing stronger like a human.

Like, what does that mean? The reason why he has so much 'muh potential' is because he's a hybrid. So what is Gohan talking about?

That's how I interpreted it. Sounds like what the anime did just worded differently. Waiting for the Japanese version to compare though since it's based on a Chinese fansub.

But his Ultimate form has nothing to do with being a human, it's him being a hybrid. And he got it from a god, not from himself.

There is a flashback to Whis talking in this very chapter like I just said there.

Again, it reeks of Toyo forgetting about what he wrote since why would Goku need Roshi to finally get what Whis has been telling him and he was shown by Beerus when he fought the other Gods of Destruction.

Trunks goes saiyan route goten goes human

What 'human' route? Gohan's Ultimate form is just him having his max potential brought out and pushed past its limited. Anyone can get it just asking Old Kai.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I'm not a fan of this.
ntpJyr8.png

It doesn't really make sense, he's as strong as he is exactly BECAUSE he's half Saiyan and half Human, and the reason he doesn't go Super Saiyan has nothing to do with not depending on being Saiyan, but because he has Ultimate. The reason his Ultimate form is so strong is because of his mixed genes.
It doesn't help that Gohan is smug as fuck, I preferred in the anime when he got rid of that.

What the fuck does...

When the fuck has...

Who the fuck thought this shit made sense?

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Like that statement makes no sense cause its utterly pulling out a creed that gohan has never remotely indicated.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
How is it a nothing statement?

Its Gohan basically putting forth a guideline for his life going forward.

It'd be as bad as Goku saying "From this day forward I shall adhere to the three tenants. LIE, CHEAT AND STEAL."

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Or to make it more relevant for you Blackleg.

It'd be like Sanji saying. "I don't hit women, cause everytime I do it makes my kicks weaker."

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
This manga chapter is pretty bad, at least from the pages I've read so far and the summaries I've seen. Big fight happens off-screen and somehow Roshi is fighting Jiren and not only that, but evading his moves as if he were evoking UI... Toyo, wow...
wait what lmao

do i need to start reading the manga cause this sounds incredible

(also who is shintani)

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
On the Super manga, it's claimed that:

Goku used Blue Kaioken against Jiren. Looking at the page in question, Goku does have an aura after he explicitly went into Mastered Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. Can someone confirmed if this is Blue Kaioken?

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
On the Super manga, it's claimed that:

Goku used Blue Kaioken against Jiren. Looking at the page in question, Goku does have an aura after he explicitly went into Mastered Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. Can someone confirmed if this is Blue Kaioken?
Oh boy.

Please someone confirm this.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Wait but why would... what?

This comes in the way from someone on Reddit who is somewhat trustworthy, also someone who visits Kanzenshuu and used to post their often. Again, not confirmed, but there is a page of Goku having an aura when he was in Completed Blue here:

I thought it was odd because I thought Goku went crazy and dropped out of his more powerful form and back to normal Blue. But he clearly got stronger and is able to tag Jiren several times before getting wasted.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
2 guys from Kanzenshuu say it's real.

This chapter is just incredible.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
2 guys from Kanzenshuu say it's real.

This chapter is just incredible.

It's really the Blue Kaioken? But I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else except Reddit by one user, who also posts on Kanzenshuu. I would think something like this would get more coverage.

Then again, UI Roshi probably sucked all the air out of the room.

Jager

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm not a fan of this.
ntpJyr8.png

It doesn't really make sense, he's as strong as he is exactly BECAUSE he's half Saiyan and half Human, and the reason he doesn't go Super Saiyan has nothing to do with not depending on being Saiyan, but because he has Ultimate. The reason his Ultimate form is so strong is because of his mixed genes.
It doesn't help that Gohan is smug as fuck, I preferred in the anime when he got rid of that.
It's likely just worded weird because of the translation from Chinese.

This could just be interpreted the same as not relying on the Super Saiyan transformation, like the anime.

Puru

Oct 28, 2017
It's really the Blue Kaioken? But I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else except Reddit by one user, who also posts on Kanzenshuu. I would think something like this would get more coverage.

Then again, UI Roshi probably sucked all the air out of the room.
There's one/two panel where Tenshinhan and Krillin do mention it so i'm assuming it to be the case.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Well yeah Toyo is awful with anatomy in general. But his Gohan face and hair are mostly great, consistent, and different than Vegeta's, unlike in the anime

But your post also gives the suggesting that no one that works on the anime can draw Gohian's face, which isn't true. And I would hope one person can draw more constantly than several artists working together. And calling Toyo's Gohan face 'mostly great' is also stretching it, imo.

Jager

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Well yeah Toyo is awful with anatomy in general. But his Gohan face and hair are mostly great, consistent, and different than Vegeta's, unlike in the anime
The faces are consistent, but not in a good way. They lack their own identity most of the time and it's not just with the Saiyans.

It would be very easy to swap out the faces of Gohan in this chapter for example and stick them on Vegeta.

Same could be said for Whis, Vados and 18 - They all share a very similar face.

EDIT:

Regarding anatomy, don't even get me started.

There's one point in this manga chapter where Gohan straight up has the same neck as Jiren from 121:

428702113414119435.png

Last edited:

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
The faces are consistent, but not in a good way. They lack their own identity most of the time and it's not just with the Saiyans.

It would be very easy to swap out the faces of Gohan in this chapter for example and stick them on Vegeta.

EDIT:

There's one point in this manga chapter where Gohan straight up has the same Next as Jiren from 121:

428702113414119435.png

Thank you for explaining it. Toyo's faces never looked right even on people who don't have 'human' faces like Beerus.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

EDIT:

There's one point in this manga chapter where Gohan straight up has the same Next as Jiren from 121:

428702113414119435.png
I mean to be fair Toriyama's not exactly known for his wide diversity in faces either

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Toyo using anime team ideas because his ideas sucks and are unmemorable

Never Forget:

latest

This chapter is a deliberate fuck you to his few fans if the KK thing is true lol

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I've seen a translation for the Kaioken bit that claims it's just Goku attempting to push more power beyond his limits, even though his body can't hold it. Then Kuririn says it's like Kaioken. Dunno if it's real either though, since I haven't seen any Japanese pages for that scene.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
I've seen a translation for the Kaioken bit that claims it's just Goku attempting to push more power beyond his limits, even though his body can't hold it. Then Kuririn says it's like Kaioken. Dunno if it's real either though, since I haven't seen any Japanese pages for that scene.
I've seen it. Ten says: 界王拳と同じ原理か・・・

Status
Not open for further replies.