Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I'll take the guy who's trained for like a hundred years having access to UI and being Goku's inspiration over Goku learning shit from being swallowed by a black hole any day of the week lmao.

And I hate Roshi.

Except this goes against the lore in the manga. Goku saw Beerus used UI in the God of Destruction Royal. So why did it take Roshi doing a version of UI for Goku to get it? He copied Haki from Beerus, yet didn't get inspiration from Beerus dodging 11 gods, which shocked Goku when he saw it?

And in the anime, he wasn't swallowed by a black hole. He nearly died to his own attack and the trauma along with the will to survived got him access to UI. Herms made an entire post about this on Twitter.

If you're mock something, at least get the basic details, please.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Goten and Trunks...nah i had enough of those two in the buu saga

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of anything the manga has done better than the anime.

I guess I kinda liked the fight between the universe 6 saiyans and Frieza, but that's it.

I will say the manga has been enjoyable in how goofy it has become.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Or

Or...

How about...

His existing concept of "muh potential." EZ.

I always hated that about Gohan and I'm happy Super overall downplayed that.

Gohan having more potential than anyone is fine, but it's extremely lame and annoying how he can jumped in front of anyone, even people like Goku and Vegeta who trained all the time, in a day. If his power-ups were more like how he got Super Saiyan 2, where he trained hard for months, I would be more okay with him. Or more like Kid Gohan who was strong, but still behind people who did hardcore training.

Oct 25, 2017

I guess I kinda liked the fight between the universe 6 saiyans and Frieza, but that's it.

goku-black-drinks-tea-5a90c8765c465.png

e0c17b5deab7377e38a243bb3f70665eea6fa0ddr1-640-639v2_hq.jpg

There. All the good in two images.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It really merits repeating that apparently Gohan could've gone ham like Kale did and got shit done.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Kefla's introduction was pretty cool. The way her body got dragged back into the ring was baller.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Except this goes against the lore in the manga. Goku saw Beerus used UI in the God of Destruction Royal. So why did it take Roshi doing a version of UI for Goku to get it? He copied Haki from Beerus, yet didn't get inspiration from Beerus dodging 11 gods, which shocked Goku when he saw it?

And in the anime, he wasn't swallowed by a black hole. He nearly died to his own attack and the trauma along with the will to survived got him access to UI. Herms made an entire post about this on Twitter.

If you're mock something, at least get the basic details, please.
Goku received his own genkidama back which caused some black thing to appear and absorb Goku, he then disappeared and came back in UI state. I was only calling it a black hole out of convenience.

Sure, I can buy the near death experience thing, but Goku has been there dozens of times and has, in fact, died before, why did it trigger only then? For the same reason Roshi inspired him and not Beerus: the plot mandated it.

Neither is completely sound (to put it lightly), I'm just arguing the manga one makes more sense to me and I like it more.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
He's either taking cues from Takahashi or will leave Takahashi uncorrected, not sure which, either way it's because he knows the fans love him.

that definitely seemed to be the case from the trailer. the takahashi stuff vs the shintani stuff was like night and day.

shintani knows you can't correct that which is already perfect ;)

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
that definitely seemed to be the case from the trailer. the takahashi stuff vs the shintani stuff was like night and day.

shintani knows you can't correct that which is already perfect ;)
We don't really know if anything in the trailer was really Shintani's style.
The Capsule Corp scene seemed a lot like his style, but the close up of Goku didn't match his sheet.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Goku received his own genkidama back which caused some black thing to appear and absorb Goku, he then disappeared and came back in UI state. I was only calling it a black hole out of convenience.

Sure, I can buy the near death experience thing, but Goku has been there dozens of times and has, in fact, died before, why did it trigger only then? For the same reason Roshi inspired him and not Beerus: the plot mandated it.

Neither is completely sound (to put it lightly), I'm just arguing the manga one makes more sense to me and I like it more.

There was no black hole, that was just visual. He fell into the Spirit Bomb out of exhaustion, not because he was sucked into it.

Both times Goku died, he willfully died. Other near deaths was slow beatings or dragged out in some way, which Goku did get stronger from. The reason why the Spirit Bomb awoken UI when no other near death experience did is because Goku didn't want to die so he resisted being vaporized and failure would have been an instant death. Basically, die or fly. The closest comparison would be when Hit 'killed' him, although it's hard to transform when your heart is literally stopped in comparison to shielding yourself from a bomb that will reduced you to ash.

Like I said, the manga goes against its own lore and it does so in the same arc that the concept was introduced. Objectively speaking, that isn't good writing.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Boy, if there's one thing I could do without ever seeing again ever, it's "Dragon Ball had plotholes/never made sense/had a bad plot so don't be critical of current thing."

That's dumb. The franchise has done better. It should be better.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
As. Gohan fan, this chapter was for you. He took down a Potara Fusion with just Ultimate and he could have solo the tournament like Kale. Shame most of the fight was off-screen.

For me I'm left wondering, why is Omen so freaking ugly in the manga and it's introd so lackluster? I wasn't expecting him to match the anime, but come on.

It seems like at least for Omen Toyotaro followed Toriyama's original UI design which was just SSJ God with fiercer eyes. He has done art with a buffer UI though, so maybe the actual UI won't look like that.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Boy, if there's one thing I could do without ever seeing again ever, it's "Dragon Ball had plotholes/never made sense/had a bad plot so don't be critical of current thing."

That's dumb. The franchise has done better. It should be better.

It's more like "Dragon Ball had plotholes/never made sense/had a bad plot so don't take current thing too seriously".

It's just that sometimes (like with this latest manga chapter) even I gotta take a step back and think "Daaaaaaamn this is bad."

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
It's more like "Dragon Ball had plotholes/never made sense/had a bad plot so don't take current thing too seriously".

It's just that sometimes (like with this latest manga chapter) even I gotta take a step back and think "Daaaaaaamn this is bad."
I'm perfectly fine with not taking Dragon Ball too seriously. I'm perfectly fine with accepting that Dragon Ball plays it fast and loose sometimes.

But it's at the poinwhere the franchise isn't even at the bar it set for itself. I no longer find that entertaining and it's frustrating when people shout down criticism with broad generalizations.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I just think think a throwaway line to offscreen whis training is so easy to put in
I mean, we did get that too. Whis comments on Goku needing to go back to the basics in the beginning of the arc when Goku asks for special training for "that" and he's included in the flashback to his previous mentors in this chapter. He gets a final panel all by himself after the others.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
It seems like at least for Omen Toyotaro followed Toriyama's original UI design which was just SSJ God with fiercer eyes. He has done art with a buffer UI though, so maybe the actual UI won't look like that.

Not even Toriyama sketch of UI Goku looks as bad as the manga's version of Omen. It's like how the movie version of Super Saiyan God Vegeta looks way better than Toyo's.

I mean, we did get that too. Whis comments on Goku needing to go back to the basics in the beginning of the arc when Goku asks for special training for "that" and he's included in the flashback to his previous mentors in this chapter. He gets a final panel all by himself after the others.

Yet Goku gets it when he sees Roshi does it.

This reeks of Toyo forgetting what he wrote earlier like Healer Trunks.

I'm perfectly fine with not taking Dragon Ball too seriously. I'm perfectly fine with accepting that Dragon Ball plays it fast and loose sometimes.

But it's at the poinwhere the franchise isn't even at the bar it set for itself. I no longer find that entertaining and it's frustrating when people shout down criticism with broad generalizations.

Dragon Ball actually doesn't have as many 'plot holes' as some people think. Most of it is because people misused the term 'plot holes' to mean any unexplained or odd event instead of a legit hole in the story like how did Cell regenerate after he got his head blown off.

That said, nothing in Dragon Ball's previous history even begins to match what we just saw with Roshi, and this includes GT. This is video games 'What Ifs'.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a fan of this.
ntpJyr8.png

It doesn't really make sense, he's as strong as he is exactly BECAUSE he's half Saiyan and half Human, and the reason he doesn't go Super Saiyan has nothing to do with not depending on being Saiyan, but because he has Ultimate. The reason his Ultimate form is so strong is because of his mixed genes.
It doesn't help that Gohan is smug as fuck, I preferred in the anime when he got rid of that.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I'm not a fan of this.
ntpJyr8.png

It doesn't really make sense, he's as strong as he is exactly BECAUSE he's half Saiyan and half Human, and the reason he doesn't go Super Saiyan has nothing to do with not depending on being Saiyan, but because he has Ultimate. The reason his Ultimate form is so strong is because of his mixed genes.
It doesn't help that Gohan is smug as fuck, I preferred in the anime when he got rid of that.

What the hell does that even means?

Oct 25, 2017
That's what he says in the anime, but in the manga he says he doesn't want to be dependent on being Saiyan and instead grow stronger as a human, but that doesn't make any sense.
I guesss it was Toyo having him say the same thing just in a more convoluted way become goty be different I guess. Like it read that and I totally get what he means it's just worded differently to be different which seems to be what the manga is doing for everything

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a fan of this.
ntpJyr8.png

You actually do make great points.

Thinking about this now, I'm surprised Kags liked this.

Status
Not open for further replies.