• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm showing my friend the Future Trunks arc.

He thinks the name "Super Saiyan Rose." is stupid. Lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Are people really watching Boruto? I mean, it's still running so it must be getting SOMETHING, but yet, NOBODY talks about it. (At least not that I've seen)

It got heaps of attention in the movie retelling arc coz of the hype ass fight and the big change from the movie version but otherwise its pretty low key coz its essentially stuck in canon-filler SOL hell so it doesn't catch the manga

Lots of the SoL is good but everyone is losing patience

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It got heaps of attention in the movie retelling arc coz of the hype ass fight and the big change from the movie version but otherwise its pretty low key coz its essentially stuck in canon-filler SOL hell so it doesn't catch the manga

Lots of the SoL is good but everyone is losing patience

I mean.... that happens when you have a monthly manga as opposed to a weekly manga.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Boruto, I remember when the final chapter came out, I said it back then. It's nothing more than a shameless cash grab to keep the franchise going for whatever money it can still make even if they ran out of story.

Kishimoto no longer cared. It showed in the final arc of Naruto. He was pretty much going. "Fuck it. I don't care anymore. Why should you?" So I no longer care.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
shameless cash grab or not, it's still better than a significant chunk of the original series tbh. And I never really got the complaint about it being SOL. There's nothing wrong with that. It's doing something different, and that's literally the only reason I'm still watching it. If it just went down the same bullshit Naruto did, I would have been out ages ago.

The show isn't great or anything. It's pretty chill, has pretty nice production values (at least a lot more consistent than Naruto was), and some likable characters. Not something I'd go out of my way to recommend, but I don't mind watching it weekly.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently in the manga, Vegeta......

Is going to planet Yardrat.

edit: people are assuming he's going to learn Instant Transmission but that's NOT confirmed. he's just going to Yardrat.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'mma laugh if Vegeta denounces "parlor tricks" only to end up learning one.

Also man, that wish was underwhelming as hell.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
That wish is a pivitol element of how good this arc kept being, and I think it is great. I was worried it might be something basic like immortality or some shiz. This gives it a promising turn because we have this whole army now... Which means this arc might not be a short and simple thing like Arched was concerned about, and we might have more of a chance to see the other Z fighters have a role 🤔

It is pretty exciting to me because I had no idea how this arc could escalate into something bigger that could possibly get more Z fighters involved. I definitely didn't see this coming, yet it makes so much sense. Of course it is yet to be seen if other Z fighters will get involved, but the potential is easy to see now, hence the wish brining a promising turn to the arc IMO.

Oct 25, 2017
I just can't shake the feeling that the arc was supposed to be over by now, and the third wish is just meant to extend it while the show gets delayed.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I just can't shake the feeling that the arc was supposed to be over by now, and the third wish is just meant to extend it while the show gets delayed.

Eh I like the sprawling arcs of Z, this is exactly what I've been wanting from Super (or at least gives potential for that, who knows how this will play out anyway). If it had already ended it would be super basic and disappointing to me.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
So thoughts on the newest chapter of the Super manga... For the most part I enjoyed it but it feels like the arc is starting to spin its wheels. Moro's final wish is an odd one that wasn't really built up, but hopefully we get some neat henchmen fights from it. Vegeta's hissy fit at the end of the chapter was dumb. First he complains about parlor tricks like IT and then wants to go to Yardrat? Toyo's Vegeta can be really weird sometimes. Hopefully this arc doesn't shit the bed.
It definitely feels to me like Toyo was suddenly forced to make this arc longer.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yea Vegeta was pretty decent so far this arc, but in this chapter he's just being a weirdo. Either he goes to Yardrat and learns a "parlor trick", thereby making him a hypocrite. Or he learns something else, or randomly brings someone back, both of which would be asspulls. Could at least tell Goku where you're going...

That wish is a pivitol element of how good this arc kept being, and I think it is great. I was worried it might be something basic like immortality or some shiz. This gives it a promising turn because we have this whole army now...

Immortality is a cliche wish for sure in this series, but essentially wishing for an army of random fodder isn't much better. It's just boring. I'm not even sure if it was particularly foreshadowed at all either.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Eh, Moro freeing the prisoners makes a lot of sense to me.

He was stuck in that prison for a looooong time, so him letting them all go sounds about right, since not only did he do it to spite the Galactic Patrol, but now he has a magically enhanced army that can buy for time while he absorbs energy.

Vegeta's outburst and subsequent decision to go to Yardrat is the bigger issue, and it may make or break this entire arc. I'm very curious to see if Toyo can stick the landing with it, since the idea is interesting but it just needs to be executed well.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Manga took and interesting turns actually. Hope they van get more characters involved with this as well

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Yea Vegeta was pretty decent so far this arc, but in this chapter he's just being a weirdo. Either he goes to Yardrat and learns a "parlor trick", thereby making him a hypocrite. Or he learns something else, or randomly brings someone back, both of which would be asspulls. Could at least tell Goku where you're going...

Immortality is a cliche wish for sure in this series, but essentially wishing for an army of random fodder isn't much better. It's just boring. I'm not even sure if it was particularly foreshadowed at all either.

We dont becassarily have explicit foreshadowing that he wanted to free the prisoners, but it makes sense considering he was a prisoner and hates the galactic patrol.

Random "fodder" is the only way we ever get other characters actually doing anything in DB. This just gives the potential for good stuff. How they're used and developed is what'll matter at the end.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We didn't know he would want to free the prisoners, but it makes sense considering he was a prisoner and hates the galactic patrol.

I'm not saying it doesn't make sense, I just think that that being his 3rd wish, something we had to wait a month to learn about no less, was very underwhelming.

Random "fodder" is the only way we ever get other characters actually doing anything in DB. This just gives the potential for good stuff. How they're used and developed is what'll matter at the end.

When I say random fodder, I'm referring to all these nameless aliens, this "small army" we have no reason to care about. If for example, Moro had a distinct select group of henchmen that could hold their own against characters like Piccolo or Gohan, I'd be fine with that. The closest thing we have to that as of this chapter is those space bandits or whatever, which yea, not exactly thrilling stuff.

I'm way over basic stuff like the supporting cast taking down a bunch of nameless grunts, just so fans can say they at least did something lol

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not saying it doesn't make sense, I just think that that being his 3rd wish, something we had to wait a month to learn about no less, was very underwhelming.

When I say random fodder, I'm referring to all these nameless aliens, this "small army" we have no reason to care about. If for example, Moro had a distinct select group of henchmen that could hold their own against characters like Piccolo or Gohan, I'd be fine with that. The closest thing we have to that as of this chapter is those space bandits or whatever, which yea, not exactly thrilling stuff.

I'm way over basic stuff like the supporting cast taking down a bunch of nameless grunts, just so fans can say they at least did something lol

I was only responding to the foreshadowing point with that.

As I said it depends on how they're handled. We don't have details on them yet, they could very well be fleshed out later. I also don't think something like RoF is satisfactory either. It's only the potential that keeps my hopes up because my hopes for this arc could have very posisbly just been killed here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was only responding to the foreshaoding point with that.

As I said it depends on how they're handled. We don't have details on them yet, they could very well be fleshed out later. I also don't think something likt RoF is satisfactory either. It's only the potential that excites me because my hopes for this arc could have very posisbly just been killed here.

Yea, hopefully it plays out the way we want.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

We had to wait TWO months.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
I kinda liked the chapter, I like the new baddies. although they mostly look like Jobbers.
Moro is still Moro.

Really disliked Vegeta in this chapter, but him learning something new might be cool.

The wish was pretty disappointing with the setup it had, shouldn't have been such a secret.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I kinda liked the chapter, I like the new baddies. although they mostly look like Jobbers.
Moro is still Moro.

Really disliked Vegeta in this chapter, but him learning something new might be cool.

The wish was pretty disappointing with the setup it had, shouldn't have been such a secret.

Idk even k what he'd doing. With how he set it up it sounded like he's about to go over their and kill all the yardrats and their tricks with them lol

Oct 25, 2017

Dragonball needs a baroque works,arlong,fishman, Don Quijote,Priests etc group arc. Or hell a ginyu

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
Idk even k what he'd doing. With how he set it up it sounded like he's about to go over their and kill all the yardrats and their tricks with them lol

Well, in this chapter he complained about magic, tricks and god ki.

So I can't wait what he's gonna learn that won't make him a hypocrite.

And remember, Toyo Vegeta never had a master and being thought aint his style.
So for sure the Yardrats won't be teaching him anything.... right??

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I agree that this would've been the perfect time to introduce some defined henchmen villains for everyone :(

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Well, in this chapter he complained about magic, tricks and god ki.

So I can't wait what he's gonna learn that won't make him a hypocrite.

And remember, Toyo Vegeta never had a master and being thought aint his style.
So for sure the Yardrats won't be teaching him anything.... right??
Yeah, he's absolutely going to go learn IT and maybe some other shit. Toyo's Vegeta is so weird.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
The problem is, this type of plot device should have happened at the start of the arc. Having Moro escape with a bunch of dudes would have worked at the start... now? It just feels like unnecessary padding and bad story telling since he dragged out the third wish for two cliffhangers and made it sound like some grand thing even a dragon might have trouble doing.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I liked how we got a glimpse of a Magetta race in U7 in the last chapter. Think there was even someone who was of Hits race. Definitely digging this arc.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Maybe the Yardrats will just teach Vegeta a way to resist Moro's energy drainage.

Then Vegeta could brute force his way through all of Moro's bullshit just like he wanted.

SkywardBeam

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say that Moro's character design is ace. Can't wait to see this Arc (hopefully) getting animated. Best villain in a long time. Also more Jaco is always good.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
Is the manga version of Vegeta the one that still does shit from Z ie trains on his own and dont really listen to anyone?
He's the Vegeta written from a Vegeta stan's perspective which means he goes from being his Cell arc self to some pragmatic hero whenever Toyo deems it necessary. Meanwhile, Goku is a nothing sidekick.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
yea, didn't get the vegeta thing. He's running away from the present fight just the same. I doubt the payoff will be good.

I don't think the henchman will be that strong since there's so many of them.
Maybe the thief dude. But they're getting their power from Moro so eh.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
A simple dialogue change would have made the scene a lot better.
I changed the dialogue in the left text box. He's obviously still throwing a fit, but at least it's not one that will inevitably make him look like a hypocrite and could lead to him being more independent.
D_83uiqUIAAP8pw.png

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I mean the entire arc Goku has been relying on countering Moro by...running away. Everytime they've had their energy drained Goku's been like, "Quick I only have so much power left let's get out of here! *INSTANT TRANSMISSION*" So Vegeta being pissed about his overused of IT to save the day is actually quite sound if you think about it.

Vegeta knows the Yardrats can teach Goku a technique like that, they likely have something else that can actually do something about Moro. At least that's the take-away I got from his outburst this chapter.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Xeno characters in Heroes are now dipping their toes in to God forms, Xeno Trunks is getting God.
D_-uoEWXoAEQmBM

This won't be in the anime, it's not that Trunks.

Also the Universe Conflict arc, which is what the anime is currently doing, will end in Set 10, so there are probably 3 episodes or so left.

Last edited: