• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Dumb question for PC version:

How do you...quit the game? I haven't found a way to quit from the title screen besides ctrl+alt+delete force closing it.

Also less dumb question for PC version:

One of the posts had slight edits version of the game (I'm guessing some ini changes?), how do you do this and can you do this with the windows store (aka game pass) version or steam version only? If you can't mod the windows store version and people are gonna be able to make it look a bit better on PC I might buy it on steam instead next month.

Vade

Oct 26, 2017
Dumb question for PC version:

How do you...quit the game? I haven't found a way to quit from the title screen besides ctrl+alt+delete force closing it.

Also less dumb question for PC version:

One of the posts had slight edits version of the game (I'm guessing some ini changes?), how do you do this and can you do this with the windows store (aka game pass) version or steam version only? If you can't mod the windows store version and people are gonna be able to make it look a bit better on PC I might buy it on steam instead next month.
Hit Y, the Misc, then exit game

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Those worrying about texture memory on their 3080's and 3070's can sleep tight. At 4K the game takes only 1.5 gigs. One of the many benefits of the Switch. Also, LoD is abysmal.

If your playing it on gamepass for free or dont care about how this gorgeous game looks, thats great. But man, the original release with the orchestra Mod has a far superior presentation.

Counter point. Battles can be sped up. So, I guess the gamepass version is better.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
There's a benefit in this version for console. Them slight downgrades will not be noticeable to people like myself. The 60fps tops all for majority of console players.

Oct 28, 2017
Damn nice. Gonna play this on my phone (an Apple XR) for that handheld experience.

Game looks better than I expected from previews.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Xbox One X 4K PNG Screenshots.

5a9d3f37-d7f4-4ad2-bc7c-1fd93e52ea9e.png

393c3600-880e-45fe-b623-8afd5e50c72a.png

198ab1fa-dd4f-4cd9-aa71-adcf2b8867e9.png

Short 4K 60FPS Video.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna try it out. Loved the first game and beat it, and I really did love the look. Ran especially well on my PC too. I just don't want to be disappointed.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Can't wait to finally play this. It's the perfect cozy December game. And a good game to try Quick Resume with. Grind some mobs, play some Ori, then continue with Dragon Quest.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Still unsure whether to play this through Game Pass or just play it on my Switch. I hate the resolution on the Switch but having it sharper will probably expose more of the downgrades from the original version...

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Definitely going to give this demo a play.

Sidenote: I hope this comes to Xcloud with touch controls when the game releases. This would be the perfect game to play while in bed.

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Never got around to playing the original release on PS4 so the downgrade talk doesn't really bother me much. Yeah it sucks what has happened but not having the original to compare is a blessing for me. The demo still looks great IMO.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wish you could transfer saves. I love DQ11S and DQB2 a lot but they're both very long games that I've clocked on switch and dont have the time to replay on PC. I liked the features they added a lot and the OST is a massive difference. Hopefully they give the DQ8 world theme too like they did on switch

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Those worrying about texture memory on their 3080's and 3070's can sleep tight. At 4K the game takes only 1.5 gigs. One of the many benefits of the Switch. Also, LoD is abysmal.

If your playing it on gamepass for free or dont care about how this gorgeous game looks, thats great. But man, the original release with the orchestra Mod has a far superior presentation.

Counter point. Battles can be sped up. So, I guess the gamepass version is better.

Yeah it's not that definitive.

AusGeno

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how anyone could complete the original edition, that overworld music was repetitive garbage, being able to swap the soundtrack for DQVIII made the game playable for me.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I wish you could transfer saves. I love DQ11S and DQB2 a lot but they're both very long games that I've clocked on switch and dont have the time to replay on PC. I liked the features they added a lot and the OST is a massive difference. Hopefully they give the DQ8 world theme too like they did on switch

It's really odd, you can transfer saves in the Japanese switch version and PS4 version and 3DS version. All using a NES style password system. There's really no reason why they should have cut this for the western version.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Honestly the game is already long enough without the extra content, if i ever play it again, i think i will stick to the original due to the graphics downgrade & $40 fee to upgrade to the new version.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
What's up with the midi sounding effects before and after battle, etc? Are these remnants from the original release? Very jarring...

DQ is a series built on classic 8-bit nostalgia. It's the style of the games, to recreate the classic old school jrpg.

It's why the original Japanese release had no voice acting and just text appearing noises and the soundtrack was non-orchestra.

Radarscope1

Oct 29, 2017
I've been thinking about getting the Switch version. Didn't play the original release and had no idea this was coming back to PS4 as a new edition. It would be fun to play this over the winter months. I'm confused about the features between the three versions, though. Is there any feature comparison checklist anywhere? (I have a base PS4 and Switch)

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
The lighting looks kind of flat and the geometry is worse. Unfortunately not the best of both worlds yet.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Another short 4K 60FPS video.

(Wish I could record more than 30 seconds but it's not possible on One X without extra external space formatted only for Xbox recordings, sorry. ^^)

oRuin

Oct 25, 2017
Played through the first part this morning and decided to preorder it. Odd that I'll be playing it on a PS5 but that's the blur between generations I guess!

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a comparison screen shot of the original version and this?

I think I may get it to play it on PS5.

Dralos

Oct 26, 2017
i checked the orgininal on PC and the demo and i really cant spot that much of a difference (i noticed that the demo has less grass). im playing on 1080p.

Readvacancy

Oct 6, 2018
Played the demo and enjoyed it on Xbox One X. It looked and played better than on Switch. I'm looking forward to it on Gamepass.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any bonus you receive in completing the demo? Like a seed? I thought the Switch demo had that.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Any way to improve this game's antialiasing? I can live with the other downgrades.

In the original release you could enable TAA with an .ini edit, these two posts should help.

www.resetera.com

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age PC performance thread

So has anyone pinpointed what causes the random drops to 10fps? Last time I've seen this behavior was due to lack of video memory, but you'd think a 980ti would have enough.

www.resetera.com

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age PC performance thread

So has anyone pinpointed what causes the random drops to 10fps? Last time I've seen this behavior was due to lack of video memory, but you'd think a 980ti would have enough.

I found there was too much ghosting (most noticeable when panning the camera around grass) no matter how much tweaking I did, but you might still find it preferable to the shimmery grass.