Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope they ahve reasonable sales expectations for these super late Japanese ports. I would've preferred a higher-performance version of DQXI, FFVIIR, Nier, and a bunch of other titles... but by the time they came out on Xbox I had already beaten them. I'm fairly sure I'm not alone in this?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I just hope they ahve reasonable sales expectations for these super late Japanese ports. I would've preferred a higher-performance version of DQXI, FFVIIR, Nier, and a bunch of other titles... but by the time they came out on Xbox I had already beaten them. I'm fairly sure I'm not alone in this?
Appearing on Game Pass, so it will probably have a massive boost, just from people checking it out because its part of the service.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
This is such a fucking megaton for me, there goes my main reason for wanting a Switch.

It would be cool if there was a "DLC" option for PS4 but if not I'll buy the game again, np.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's a real bummer how Square Enix handled this game. The S version content should have been DLC for the other versions day 1 preferably. Hopefully this isn't a seperate full priced release. Otherwise XI is one of the best JRPGs this generation and worth experiencing.
Probably part of the plan that you only get your AAA DQ if the same (relatively) small group of people buy it multiple times.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
After beating this game, I feel it's highly overrated (I feel like the game drags badly in the 2nd chapter/half/whatever the fuck you wanna call it) but it's still very much worth any RPG fans time.
Also has a really good dub

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Well DQ XI vanilla sold decent but not great on Sony, then DQXIS sold poorly out West on SWitch, 3rd time's the charm again for Xbox And PS4 and if this doesn't help more sales, gonna be sad as heck that DQ series is still niche out here
DQ is not going to blow up all of a sudden with this release. It will remain niche. I'd bet this game will not garner many sales in the west, especially with it being on Game Pass. It likely won't do too hot in Japan either since most folks would have already gotten the original or the Switch version.

The game is still having incredible legs in Japan, it was a win-win scenario.
Yeah, for sure. This continued milking of the game will help keep sales from flat lining until DQ XII comes out

TheWildCard

Jun 6, 2020
Hell yeah! Long suspected this would be a PS5 thing but the more the merrier. One of the best games of the gen just got a little better.

Last edited:

Twonny

Dec 12, 2018
My procrastination has paid off! Time to decide if I want it on PC or PS4. But I'm pretty excited!!

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised that Dragon Quest is finally coming to an Xbox console.(kudos to Phil for making it happen) They really should port Builders 2 also as that would appeal to the Minecraft audience there too.

Also, I expected SE to wait until the PS5 was out to re-release DQXI S there, not pull a "Royal" and release it full price again on the same console.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Even orchestrated, the main field theme is absolutely atrocious, I myself put the DQ VIII music otherwise it's unbearable.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
People were pretty sure that it's not timed, just an exclusive Switch version.

Well SE took almost an extra year for DQXIS to come out for Switch after XI vanilla and sold poorly anyways. When your SE and trying to recoup your losses you keep releasing the games on all systems. Wouldn't surprise me to see a DQXI S + for PS5 and Xbox Series X next gen

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this version will be playable on new and old platforms for years, plus there's game pass, potential ps+ release, steam sales, it'll do fine on its own imo.

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully there's an update path for people who bought the base version on PS4 and PC, like with World of Final Fantansy and not a P5 Royal-style scenario.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
Great news! I have already purchased the original for PS4 and S-version for Switch, so not buying it third time. Awesome that everyone gets to play it on their preferred console/PC \o/

Oct 27, 2017
Wow this is pretty amazing. I've played it through already and not sure I have it in me to play it again, unless the S version content is particularly great...?

Edit - not until December. Maybe I will feel like playing it again by that point.

Deleted member 12352

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're seriously gonna make PS4 owners pay for the whole game a second time?

Haha, fuck off with that shit SE.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow this is pretty amazing. I've played it through already and not sure I have it in me to play it again, unless the S version content is particularly great...?

Edit - not until December. Maybe I will feel like playing it again by that point.
maybe not worth replaying if you already played vanilla (depending how much you liked it), but the new content in S is really really good.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Ugh, I regret buying this on Switch now. Could have held out for a PS4 version. Portability means nothing to me. Mission accomplished by Nintendo I guess. Will still play and likely enjoy the game.

Oct 25, 2017
I played the vanilla version for 140+ hours, this game is great but I recommend Draconian difficulty, the game is a joke without it.

Also this is the definitive edition because you can change the god awful DQXI field music to the VIII one.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
God damn. At this point I wish this would not have happened. Already put in 60+ hours on Switch (after having originally played it on PS4) and wish I knew before so I could wait...

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
While I'm happy people will finally get to experience that orchestral soundtrack without mods, I don't think I can justify another 120 hours to double dip :P

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Hey ERA, heard from a friend with connections in the industry that the game is a new SKU and won't be DLC for PS4 users. Just sharing what I heard. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, not claiming to be an insider. Just thought I'd share that info

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Hey ERA, heard from a friend with connections in the industry that the game is a new SKU and won't be DLC for PS4 users. Just sharing what I heard. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, not claiming to be an insider. Just thought I'd share that info
Yeah, it's already listed as a separate SKU, so it was expected it would be handled like P5R.

Oct 27, 2017
Thats awesome for Xbox owners and PS4 players who waited it out. Ill be skipping it as I already played the shit out of the Switch S version. Really wish SE would just give existing DQ11 owners a free patch or at least a cheap "S version DLC." Paying for the whole game again is kinda scummy.