• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
As a PS4 owner, fuck off.

But it looks insanely good on PS4 in 4K so I dunno if I'd wanna take the graphics hit.

(But the 2D looks so cool...)

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
So is the 2D mode the complete 3DS version or is it just a gimmick? How different are the 3DS and PS4/PC versions anyways?

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I could have been playing on PS4 all along, but that looked great. I'll get it for one of the systems inevitably.

Whichever one is cheapest and doesn't have the Burzum prison synth soundtrack

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I haven't started playing it on PS4. Depending on how the graphics hold up I might just wait for the Switch version. But if it looks like crap no thank you.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
This has literally all of the features I wished for. So glad for the orchestral soundtrack and language options. The 8-bit option is the cherry on top.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
I did my part!

4kMuJ2fg.jpg

And I will do it again for the Switch version!

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
man, the 2D 3DS "mode" simply is godly
this, plus new contents and the orchestrated OST will make me very happy

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I'm soooooooooooo happy that it'll include the 2D mode.

I hope we get some extra playable characters too.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably get it on this with all the added benefits they added. Not like I need 60fps for a turn based RPG.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Portable, orchestrated OST, and new content make this a must-have for JRPG switch fans. Hell, I'm even considering picking it up for a replay if I have a switch by then.

RockyMin

Oct 27, 2017
I too am one of the dozens.gif who isn't bothered by the music.

Big shrug from me complaining about sound quality.

Hell yeah!!! It's Dragon Quest, there's no way I wouldn't have gotten the PS4 version to play it last year. And I would double dip the Switch version even if it didn't have extra features. I always support DQ, it's my favorite game series of all time.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Square didn't take switch owners for fools, that's nice, it seems to be a really good port.
Obviously graphically downgraded, but improved in the other areas.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2D seems pointless to me so I don't give a shit there, but the orchestral music is a serious fuck you to previous buyers of the game. Hope SE cops massive heat if the current version doesn't get updated music at the very least.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
can't believe they actually pulled it off and combined both versions into 1
they know how to get sales for a late late port.

Oct 27, 2017
Probably my favorite game released last year on PS4. Excited for everyone who get to play it for the first time—it's an awesome game!

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
The resolution is really disappointing. If that's docked than I can imagine a Xenoblade 2 situation with undocked.

Deleted member 49535

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I think I prefer the nicer visuals of the PS4 version over orchestral music honestly. The main problem of DQXI's soundtrack is that the music is just mediocre and the loops too short, not that it wasn't orchestral (imo).