Älg

Banned
May 13, 2018
Bought the game, but avoided any press. Just saw all these tokens for sale on the Steam page. Are there microtransactions for a game this expensive or is it P2W? Very weird.
Yes, they're basically paid cheats like in RE4 Remake. It won't affect your experience if you intend to play the game normally.

Still shitty though

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
pawn: "That statue over there looks like a good place to get a lay of the land"

*griffin flies overhead casting its shadow*

yeah maybe we go the other way

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
People will talk about this MTX stuff for two days then move on. They did the same with Yakuza MTX. If the game is good that's what will last in peoples minds.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I don't like is how long you have to walk to go somewhere, sometimes back and forth

I know that is the point, but if you're going to do that you need good enemy variety

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Eh I'll just wait till I get to the city to remake my character as taller for 500 RC rather than go through deleting my save file and whatever. Not that big of a deal. I imagine you get there pretty quickly?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Warrior is giving me big Monster Hunter vibes. Love cutting the tails off of the Saurians.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
Also is there a way to know if a Pawn speaks Elvish ?
I noticed some told me, but of course now that I found an elvish settlement and need one, I can't find any

Edit : Woodland Wordsmith spec, ok

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
It's such an old school thing where you get a quest to go to a cave, you do and then turn in the quest, then immediately the next (main) quest wants you to go to the same cave to kill the creatures you already did, but doesn't give you credit for it.

noodlesoup

Feb 21, 2018
Chicago, IL
Really loving the game so far but to anyone who's on the fence with the PS5 version (or just console in general), I would wait. The performance is not a consistent 30 fps in cities and it sometimes drops into the 20's when interacting with riftstones.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Do you get the junk from the deluxe edition again if you delete your save and start over? I noticed some of it was one time use dlc so it made me wonder if it would just be gone if you start over.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Surprisingly really into Fighter. Hits are very meaty and that shield landing skill is surprisingly clutch.

Expanding the core skills and adding context-sensitive moves really did wonders for the weapons. Sometimes I even forget I have weapon skills. Can't wait to unlock Warfarer.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Surprisingly really into Fighter. Hits are very meaty and that shield landing skill is surprisingly clutch.

Expanding the core skills and adding context-sensitive moves really did wonders for the weapons. Sometimes I even forget I have weapon skills. Can't wait to unlock Warfarer.
The one that spins the shield to block all angles is also really good. Will definitely be switching between Warrior and Fighter a lot.

Oct 25, 2017
I picked up some rangers tights and thought surely not, well...

RlCNhbG.png
And they've got good stats! My pawn is looking good, showing some cheek and staying safe.

NuKER

Dec 15, 2017
Portugal
Great great great OT! Bravo!

Played a couple hours yesterday (thank you New Zealand) on XbsX and I liked what I saw.
Although frame rate is all over the place I think I can live with that but it's very annoying at first but gameplay tops it for me.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Surround Audio seems off on ps5. Like npc's in villages randomly speaking can be so quiet as you walk around, sometimes lacking directionality as well while others come through all speakers rather than center such as during cutscenes like the opening.

I'm very early in but this feels very off. I even loaded up the ps4 original and that has no such issues.

I'm using ps5 Dolby Atmos mode in both games and DD2 just doesn't sound right.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a Warrior tho, lol. Can't avoid lopping their tails off.

Fair. When I played a tanky knight in DD1 I mostly tried to just keep them corralled so that my mages could roast them. Trying to deal with Saurians in melee is hell because sometimes five of them decide to use their wiggly charge attack at once and just melt your HP/chain juggle you to death.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Giving Warrior a try, I played as a Magick Archer on X360 wayyyy back which was great, but felt far too OP and breezy after the initial several hours.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
People will talk about this MTX stuff for two days then move on. They did the same with Yakuza MTX. If the game is good that's what will last in peoples minds.

Pretty much. Cant say that concerns me when I want all attention on the performance so Capcom can hopefully do... something to make it less bad. Its kinda disappointing as the game itself rocks, but yeah they really should have maybe reigned it in slightly to get performance a little more acceptable.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Fair. When I played a tanky knight in DD1 I mostly tried to just keep them corralled so that my mages could roast them. Trying to deal with Saurians in melee is hell because sometimes five of them decide to use their wiggly charge attack at once and just melt your HP/chain juggle you to death.
Warrior in this game can tank through damge with a bunch of skills, it's no problem if you time it well. Very satisfying, too.

Oddhouse

Oct 31, 2017
People seems to think the character creator is truly behind a pay wall, you can't even try to say it's not.

I think Capcom got ahead of themselves with the microtransactions in this game, but this is just not true.

Is the character creator behind a pay wall?

How does it work with running multiple builds at the same time?

I've seen lots of concerning steam reviews on these points. Is it over blown or is it that bad?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
They added more here than in DD:DA. They're far better at it now, but I doubt it would change your mind about how they play.

Yeah, you've known me for long enough to know that slow, heavy attacks don't really mesh with the way I play action games, lol. I like letting someone else be the big heavy dude.

Ironically, I always make my main pawn the biggest dude ever...and then make him a wizard, lol.

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
I had my Arisen set on a joke character I made. Is there a way to restart with another character? I don't want to use bloody pigman for my main adventure.

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
The sense of adventure is unmatched, it's hard to believe that they could pull of an even grander feeling of exploration than either Elden Ring or totk

astro

Oct 25, 2017
How do you make sure your Pawn is updated for others to use? Sleeping at the Inn, and/or using the rift?

Yeah, you've known me for long enough to know that slow, heavy attacks don't really mesh with the way I play action games, lol. I like letting someone else be the big heavy dude.

Ironically, I always make my main pawn the biggest dude ever...and then make him a wizard, lol.
I like when custom characters go against the norm so that's pretty cool to me.

May 26, 2023
God you're an idiot
I had my Arisen set on a joke character I made. Is there a way to restart with another character? I don't want to use bloody pigman for my main adventure.

For PC, I know you've got to go into the steam save data folder and delete the 3 top files, then keep that window open while launching the game in case steam tries to download the files from the cloud (Which it absolutely will do), so you can delete them again as the game is starting.

Real boneheaded shit from Capcom. if there's an easier way to start over I haven't found it.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017

That's my plan. Although I'm level 8 and still in my miners short shorts. Not sure if I missed some armor somewhere.

For PC, I know you've got to go into the steam save data folder and delete the 3 top files, then keep that window open while launching the game in case steam tries to download the files from the cloud (Which it absolutely will do), so you can delete them again as the game is starting.

Real boneheaded shit from Capcom. if there's an easier way to start over I haven't found it.

They posted on Steam that they are implementing a new game button for PC.

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019

What about on the PS5?