• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Badgerst

Oct 27, 2017
When other players use your pawns, are they able to equip/ un equip any armor/ weapons in your pawns current inventory?

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I nearly just got screwed following this advice. Once you get the quest "Legacy" it seems it's already too late. I just quit and prayed that I didn't get an autosave after the point of no return. Luckily I didn't.
I'd say watch out for the main quest "The Guardian Gigantus" and stop there.

Edit: actually I'm pretty sure I'm screwed :/ The lift I took into the tower is no longer usable and I can't use a ferry stone to get out.

Wow just in time. Thanks a lot! I just got that quest yet I have some side shit I wanted to complete (even if I don't know how, for some, like what could be a decent job for a decent guy wannabe, or the phantom oxcart but I think I have a clue for that one). Pretty sure there's also some quest lines I haven't even activated but they can fuck off I guess (like the Wilhelmina plot).

Btw,
this blade you forge with the dead dude soul and crystals, I noticed you can use it from the inventory and the Arisen goes harakiri mode, but I seemed to have cancelled the animation.
Can you really use it to kill yourself and if so does it serve any purpose outside of some quest?
If it's only intended to be used as part of a quest (or to get an ending or another given a choice later) don't reply with specifics, please just confirm.
If it has a use outside of quests you can tell (I'm trying anyway as soon as I next rest at a dwelling unless your tell me it fucks and deletes/overwrites all saves lol).

When other players use your pawns, are they able to equip/ un equip any armor/ weapons in your pawns current inventory?

Other player's can't see your pawn inventory other than what's currently actually equipped.
They can unequip anything (but can't move it to their own inventory or get it back for your pawn later, it vanishes in their game until they re hire your pawn), and they can equip anything new (they lose it and the item equipped previously in that slot is unequipped, plus you get to keep the new item as a gift once they dismiss your pawn and you rest at an inn/home afterwards, but not if your pawn dies in their game instead of being dismissed - which I found out the hard way and lost items intended to be a gift).

Last edited:

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Btw,
this blade you forge with the dead dude soul and crystals, I noticed you can use it from the inventory and the Arisen goes harakiri mode, but I seemed to have cancelled the animation.
Can you really use it to kill yourself and if so does it serve any purpose outside of some quest?
If it's only intended to be used as part of a quest (or to get an ending or another given a choice later) don't reply with specifics, please just confirm.
If it has a use outside of quests you can tell (I'm trying anyway as soon as I next rest at a dwelling unless your tell me it fucks and deletes/overwrites all saves lol).

In the original, it was used to save scum chests. Pretty useless now, maybe still usable for looting corpses?

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Have a late game question. I'm in the middle of the Giganticous quest. I have felled the Giganticous but haven't turned int he Godsway yet. I've heard this is a point of no return but still have the quest "A Candle in the Storm" to do. BUT now that the Giganticous has rampaged though the Volcanic Isles location, my portcrystal that I placed there can't be travelled to. Did a little googling and it seems like this isn't the very end and that the portcrystal will work after I turn in the Godsway, but will that make me miss A Candle in the Storm? Or will I still be able to do that after?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Have a late game question. I'm in the middle of the Giganticous quest. I have felled the Giganticous but haven't turned int he Godsway yet. I've heard this is a point of no return but still have the quest "A Candle in the Storm" to do. BUT now that the Giganticous has rampaged though the Volcanic Isles location, my portcrystal that I placed there can't be travelled to. Did a little googling and it seems like this isn't the very end and that the portcrystal will work after I turn in the Godsway, but will that make me miss A Candle in the Storm? Or will I still be able to do that after?
I think you're not able to warp around the island until you at least reach the Excavation Site. That's what happened to me.

Apr 27, 2020
Me to every boss after 60+ hrs

7XH38y6.gif

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Do you know if going there will fail that side quest?
No it shouldn't. I completed that quest right after defeating the Talos and reaching the Excavation Site which is the point of no return. Some quests even continue into postgame surprisingly. On my second playthrough I had that sculptor quest still active and doable lol. I wouldn't risk that though. Pretty sure that one will fail. Also, there's a follow up to that quest after resting in Vernworth just so you're aware.

Badgerst

Oct 27, 2017
Wow just in time. Thanks a lot! I just got that quest yet I have some side shit I wanted to complete (even if I don't know how, for some, like what could be a decent job for a decent guy wannabe, or the phantom oxcart but I think I have a clue for that one). Pretty sure there's also some quest lines I haven't even activated but they can fuck off I guess (like the Wilhelmina plot).

Btw,

Other player's can't see your pawn inventory other than what's currently actually equipped.
They can unequip anything (but can't move it to their own inventory or get it back for your pawn later, it vanishes in their game until they re hire your pawn), and they can equip anything new (they lose it and the item equipped previously in that slot is unequipped, plus you get to keep the new item as a gift once they dismiss your pawn and you rest at an inn/home afterwards, but not if your pawn dies in their game instead of being dismissed - which I found out the hard way and lost items intended to be a gift).

solid explanation thx

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thankfully i read the last few posts because i was about to start the final few quests.

I still have vocations left to use but I don't have any more side quests left and level up.There could be some that i failed to find because i didn't speak to an NPC etc.I guess i can run around and kill things until i max them out but that would be a bit boring.Not a lot of unsearched places left now though i can always use the other vocations on NG+.

ShinAmano

Oct 30, 2017
Is there something special i need to do to behead medusa? I have tried 4 or 5 times with a pretty high level fighter and the best sword.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm just about ready to put the game down. God I loved it. I stopped on my third playthrough before fighting Talos just in case it needs to be alive for whatever reason for the DLC. It'd be really cool though if you start the DLC in the postgame. I'll still boot up the game to check on my pawn and her quests but there isn't much else to do.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the game and post game but still have 3 badges that I haven't even seen what they are. One must be Medusa, since I never found her. One maybe sphinx since she got away from me. I wonder that the third is. An upgraded monster type I never found?

Manatron

Feb 6, 2018
I think I just suck at this game? I'm right before the point of no return and I feel like I'm so weak compared to what I should be. I've seen people saying they beat the game below level 40. I am level 44 and it takes forever for me to kill any of the dragons in the world. I started as a thief, went to Warrior, and am now a Mystic Spearhand. They are all at max vocation level. I did like barely any damage to anything as a warrior. Mystic Spearhand is better, but it still feels like Thief was the strongest by far?

idk I just feel like if I move on I'm going to get dumpstered, but leveling doesn't feel like it's helping?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I think I just suck at this game? I'm right before the point of no return and I feel like I'm so weak compared to what I should be. I've seen people saying they beat the game below level 40. I am level 44 and it takes forever for me to kill any of the dragons in the world. I started as a thief, went to Warrior, and am now a Mystic Spearhand. They are all at max vocation level. I did like barely any damage to anything as a warrior. Mystic Spearhand is better, but it still feels like Thief was the strongest by far?

idk I just feel like if I move on I'm going to get dumpstered, but leveling doesn't feel like it's helping?
Barely any damage as Warrior? How? Heavenward Sunder is so damn strong and can consistently stagger enemies. Are you upgrading your weapons? Level 40 is honestly pretty low imo. I reached the end of the game at around 70ish but at least 10 of those levels were from grinding while I was trying to level multiple vocations. So something like 60 feels about right. Not sure how weak I would feel at 40.

Manatron

Feb 6, 2018
Barely any damage as Warrior? How? Heavenward Sunder is so damn strong and can consistently stagger enemies. Are you upgrading your weapons? Level 40 is honestly pretty low imo. I reached the end of the game at around 70ish but at least 10 of those levels were from grinding while I was trying to level multiple vocations. So something like 60 feels about right. Not sure how weak I would feel at 40.
Yeah, I have no idea haha. I was just doing very low damage even with skills. My pawn is a warrior now and has a sick flame weapon. So if I switched back to it maybe now I would be better. I am leveling up the weapons and armor as far as I can until I don't have the materials anymore. Maybe I'll just keep cleaning up quests and see how I feel in ten or so levels.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I have no idea haha. I was just doing very low damage even with skills. My pawn is a warrior now and has a sick flame weapon. So if I switched back to it maybe now I would be better. I am leveling up the weapons and armor as far as I can until I don't have the materials anymore. Maybe I'll just keep cleaning up quests and see how I feel in ten or so levels.

If you get a pawn with the forager skill, the map shows where to find the upgrade materials for the equipment you are currently using, which can really help out

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm ready to move on. 160 hours or so, this was really fun. There was an adjustment period because I had DD1 so ingrained in my brain, but once I learned to just *explore* the game really had its hooks in me. There's a common sentiment about wanting to get lost in an open world game, something I truly never jived with until this game. I did want to get lost, I did want explore every cave, I wanted to be pushed to my limits being chased by all sorts of monster and fight to the bitter end, because I have so many memorable encounters from just ignoring the main story or side quest and saying "whats over there?"

It's not without its problems. You average DD1 mega fan (me) can tell you all about it, but this is what I needed from a "big" game, and so far my GOTY. Can't wait for the DLC.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Might help to use elements that are strong against dragons/drakes. IIRC, drakes are weak to cold. Dragons (or at least the one I fought) was to lightning. Fire damage they're usually resistant to so I wouldn't use the flame weapon. If you have a Sorcerer with Meteoron, that hits them like a truck.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a weight adjustment mod.
Nope. No weight adjustment mod installed.

Edit: although looking at the image with everyone on Very Light, I might have enabled one by mistake. I have a mod that has multiple options so could be on that.

EDIT2: Yep, had a mod option set to on by mistake!

Last edited:

Manatron

Feb 6, 2018
If you get a pawn with the forager skill, the map shows where to find the upgrade materials for the equipment you are currently using, which can really help out

I'll have to give that a shot. Can't hurt to have better equipment

Might help to use elements that are strong against dragons/drakes. IIRC, drakes are weak to cold. Dragons (or at least the one I fought) was to lightning. Fire damage they're usually resistant to so I wouldn't use the flame weapon. If you have a Sorcerer with Meteoron, that hits them like a truck.

I'm using mostly non-elemental weapons anyways, but it's good to know that they can be different types though. I'll hire some sorcerers and see if that makes a big difference. I tend to not blame the pawns, I'm usually just thinking about how low damage I personally am doing haha

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Just got to the true endgame. This had probably the best late title card since Nier Automata lol. About ready to wrap up though. Loved my time with it but I'm starting to feel some of the repetition due to the enemy variety. The combat feels so good that it was never a huge problem, but yeah I think I'm close to getting my fill. Hope there's a couple new enemy types in the endgame.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I told myself I was gonna stop playing about 2 hours into ng+. But I'm still playing. May just go for the plat at this point, I'm already about halfway through again. The story goes super fast the second time. Only trophies that'll be a pain at this point are the Medusa ones.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the medusa trophies are pretty easy. Especially if you go the magick archer route and put her to sleep first.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
I told myself I was gonna stop playing about 2 hours into ng+. But I'm still playing. May just go for the plat at this point, I'm already about halfway through again. The story goes super fast the second time. Only trophies that'll be a pain at this point are the Medusa ones.
Yeah I started NG+ solely to get the platinum 'cause all the trophies I have left seem reasonable. Didn't touch Fighter, Warrior, Mage, or Sorcerer in my first playthrough and so far I'm having a lot of fun as a Fighter and breezing through

SlyShinobi

Dec 3, 2018
I can't start the
Phantom Oxcart.
I'm going crazy trying to trigger it.

I don't know how long I've waited at a bench for the right npcs to show up. I checked the morgue just in case the ones I need are dead. I even tried the Wilhelmina method, but
despite getting the good ending and having her mention that the others are content with calling it an accident, she's gone.

It's the last quest I need before I go into endgame. :|

Someone help please.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
It would be nice if ranged vocation pawn ai would not have them stand under a drake. Drag them away, right back under it.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Level 69, 60 hours, we had a good run. I uninstalled it and will wait for the DLC. It gave me nothing I liked about DD1 besides the combat.

The Sphinx was a highlight. Monsters with personalities are sick

NHfo2M2.png

My Uruk-Hai trying to understand the stupid plot and macguffins

KmbMWy4.png

Speaking of monsters with personalities, this new Dragon was NOT as cool as Grigori. He rambles endlessly about nonsense.
uBnIAUu.png

czkbf88.png

v5pKttY.png

STB5GjE.png

The title drop was raw. The most interesting parts of the story where the idea that it's a secret prequel and your MC creates Gran Soren and canon-izing the Brine as an actual entity rather than a trick to not program swimming. Maybe the DLC can focus on the Brine and give us slimey Lovecraftian enemies?

9IerKze.png

Oct 27, 2017
So, game is really good in some areas, kind of stupid in some other areas, but i have yet to see someone mention the super low res clouds.

Why do they look this bad?

p3I0HIy.jpeg

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
So the pawns are kinda stupid in this game ya. In combat they are mostly fine, good even. But out of it they act wonky af.

Last edited:

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So it looks like i am about to head to the last chain of missions, is there anything you absolutely recommend i do before that?

I have done every side quest i found and explored probably everything in the map.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
So it looks like i am about to head to the last chain of missions, is there anything you absolutely recommend i do before that?

I have done every side quest i found and explored probably everything in the map.

Could be missing things, but quests that I thought were relevant in the ending were

Sven chain
Elf chain
Empress chain
Hugo chain
Repairing the ceremonial sword
And a couple in the volcanic area that I assume everyone will do (like Lamond)

These feel like they attach to the ending, or are addressed. It's been a while though so hopefully someone will add some if I missed any.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Could be missing things, but quests that I thought were relevant in the ending were

Sven chain
Elf chain
Empress chain
Hugo chain
Repairing the ceremonial sword
And a couple in the volcanic area that I assume everyone will do (like Lamond)

These feel like they attach to the ending, or are addressed. It's been a while though so hopefully someone will add some if I missed any.

I think i did all of these so i am good thanks.

Also i read in Reddit that if you go offline and set a pawn quest for a Portcrystal (for 10K gold) Capcom will eventually complete that quest automatically and...

It actually worked lol!!!Free Portcrystal thank you game!

El_Dabrah

Feb 18, 2024
I made it to the endgame. 67 hours. I'm tempted to set it aside until I hear of a roadmap, as I need to play Ronin. Decisions, decisions.

ShinAmano

Oct 30, 2017
Started ng+...got to main city then went exploring to drop off port crystals...for some reason its not letting me...any reason why?

Nm...wont let me use when the pawn is carrying them lol.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
cRmU7f4.jpeg

Had a blast with the game. Bring on the DLC. Will definitely jump in on NG+ then