Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
How are time sensitive quests handled? Do they progress regardless if you have accepted them or even came across them?

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
I know a lot are playing on PC. But how is the PS5 version (tech and frame issues mainly)? I just got some birthday money and this game seems pretty intriguing as an immersive and emergent experience.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
4 hours in on a new pc I bought a year ago. The framerate in town noticeably gets more stuttery. I had one crash from changing skills at camp somehow. The controls are more slippery than the first game. I cleared this waterfall cave then ran out to the kick the ladder and ran right off the cliff. I would love to take dash off of B/Circle. Money seems harder to come by. I'm still using starting weapons at level 13.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
I know a lot are playing on PC. But how is the PS5 version (tech and frame issues mainly)? I just got some birthday money and this game seems pretty intriguing as an immersive and emergent experience.

It's alright. I'm a give me 60fps or give me death kind of guy, but the framerate is… acceptable. And I find solace in the fact that everyone on PS5 is suffering along with me. Performance patch would be welcome however.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Happy that it still does the thing where enemies in the dark are first visible by the glint of light in their eyes.

Will need to customise the HUD in this, enemy health bars turned off first of all.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
How are time sensitive quests handled? Do they progress regardless if you have accepted them or even came across them?

My impression was that the timer starts once you accept it, and not a situation where a quest will start its timer and expire before you've ever come across it.

City city. That's just an outpost I believe.

Ahh okay, ty! I was like "oh god did I miss something??"

Robotoboy

Banned
Oct 7, 2018
Tulsa, OK
My favorite moment has been ganging up on an NPC and just stabbing them to death.

All while reminding me of that "Fight back!" or the Jojo Meme lol

Drachen

May 3, 2021
This game definitely needed a pin system like BOTW/TOTK. I see a chest and don't know how to get it and just want to be able to remember to come back later for it 😣

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
This game definitely needed a pin system like BOTW/TOTK. I see a chest and don't know how to get it and just want to be able to remember to come back later for it 😣

You can put custom waypoints on the map, but the options are just roman numerals I-VIII or something. And I didn't see an option to remove them individually, just a Remove All option :(

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019

I have been a strictly performance mode guy on the PS5 so it's taking some getting used to but it's not terrible. Also hoping we get some sort of performance mode for this but not holding my breath on that one.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I am not sure about Archer in this. The enemies seem to be glued to you during combat and you're fucked up close as you've got no close combat abilities.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
If i don't accept any quests beyond the main quest can i just go explore or is the entire game a ticking clock?

Trying to figure out if I am stressed for no reason.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
This ring is easily missed in the first encampment and expensive but so worth it

ZdCo49N.jpeg

Which camp is it in?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
welp, my DD2 preorder (and Rise of Ronin, but that one I'm not fussed about) wasn't delivered today on release day, the first time that's happened with this retailer. And since tomorrow is the weekend and they dont do deliveries on weekends here, im fucked until monday.

NGL, kinda bummed out.

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
I just found the Riftstone of Abundance... what the hell hahaha.

The description is: Find pawns with a distinctive upper half.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I love the Pawn system in this game! I really enjoy hearing stories from people in mutual Discord servers about what she has been doing in their games. Please hire her so I can hear more stories!

Some examples:

(super-famicom)'s pawn is so desperate for treasure chests ive watched her die crossing rivers and falling off cliffs about 4 times. Also couldn't get into a locked house for one so instead just started like...spamming attacks on the wall

your pawn is an absolute looting machine by the way lmao
definitely going to keep hiring her
if there's ANYTHING lootable near by pomu will get it

She has one brain cell and it's only thinking of treasure chests

and flowers
she loves flowers
when I was riding in the oxcart to the capital she was zipping around all over the place picking up materials lol

Wtf did you do to get her to be so insanely treasure/loot hungry lol

There's also a video clip of her which I can't upload here yet but it goes like this:

Main Pawn run ahead of someone's Arisen and says "I've got a good feeling about this one!"
Then she immediately gets jumped by a wolf.

Last edited:

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
Anybody else running Archer and plan on switching into a melee class? I have to try Mystic Spearhand even though Trickster sounds cool, I ran mostly Assassin Class in DD1.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
I am not sure about Archer in this. The enemies seem to be glued to you during combat and you're fucked up close as you've got no close combat abilities.
Yeah, the archer is no strider when it comes to flexibility in combat, but they do get some neat abilities as you progress in the vocation that gives you more options. I'd stick with it if you can and round out your party with melee/tank characters to keep enemies away. But of course you are free to switch out to other ones.

If i don't accept any quests beyond the main quest can i just go explore or is the entire game a ticking clock?

Trying to figure out if I am stressed for no reason.
There are some side quests that will be on a time limit, like find this character in a set amount of in-game days before they're lost forever kind f thing, but generally speaking you are free to go about the game at your pace.

Screenshot Thread

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
OP
OP
iFirez

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Oh, I made a screenshot thread last night.
www.resetera.com

Dragon's Dogma 2 Screenshot Thread- Masterworks all, you can't go wrong!

Post all your beautiful and not so beautiful screenshots here! This is still in the starting area, My Arisen is the Archer and Pomu, my Main Pawn is the Thief. A Discord buddy's Mage is here too, along with ScienceGeniusGirl 's Dr. Eggman.
Didn't see that! Threadmarked and posted my screens in there too :D

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
How far until I can upgrade my equipment? I have a ton of materials weighing me down lol. I only got as far as Melve before logging out last night.

L11ghtman

Jan 19, 2022
It's a weird decision for an open world game.
I can't remember the last time I played one without it.
Eh, I like FO4 and Skyrim on survival mode without it. I don't particularly like it in Red Dead Redemption 2 either, and it's less common there, even if technically available. I don't think most open world games do a good job building a reason not to fast travel, which is the difference. If you're fetch-questing around, playing tag between NPCs who need messages delivered to them, then yes, you need fast travel, but even then I think a lot of open world games don't need to be open world games, if that's what most of the quests in them play like.

Bethell

Oct 27, 2017
So far so meh. Im underwhelemd honestly, nothing looks that amazing so far (5 hours in) combat is a bit chaotic with full set of pawns + 3 npcs travelling with me on top of that.

So far extremely easy content as its only the start of the game, story hasnt really opened up too much.

Its OK, hopefully it gets better.