• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
i did this but a guard still tackled me and i got thrown in gaol :/

I'm on like my 4th playthrough and I know where I need to go, so I just sprint there, do the thing, and sprint out. It's worked on the last 2 playthroughs. Maybe I'm lucky though, I don't get attacked very often on oxcart rides lol.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
I only ever get arrested if I try to talk to
sven
in his room immediately after he helped me

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Never seen that happen before. What were you doing when you got arrested?
during the mission where you're looking for evidence and run into
Sven
. I walked out the door while he was talking to the guards, everything seemed fine at first, then when i was walking down the stairs they started shouting and charged at me

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
during the mission where you're looking for evidence and run into Sven. I walked out the door while he was talking to the guards, everything seemed fine at first, then when i was walking down the stairs they started shouting and charged at me

That's just a scripted part. You're supposed to jump out the window they show you, if that's the part you're on.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
during the mission where you're looking for evidence and run into
Sven
. I walked out the door while he was talking to the guards, everything seemed fine at first, then when i was walking down the stairs they started shouting and charged at me

Yea you're supposed to go out the window when that happens. For whatever reason I ran out of the door too on my first run and got arrested. Lost a shit load of gold.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
That's just a scripted part. You're supposed to jump out the window they show you, if that's the part you're on.
Yea you're supposed to go out the window when that happens. For whatever reason I ran out of the door too on my first run and got arrested. Lost a shit load of gold.
bah. i have a real issue with seeing things in this game. pawns are always like "IS THAT A STATUE RIGHT OVER THERE" and i'm spinning the camera around like "huh? what?! where?!"

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
That's what I resorted to. Still wish I could role play my thief class and actually sneak around. But not even the camouflage ability can stop those sections from feeling clunky.

Thats not something you "resort" to. That is what you're supposed to do. Wear outfits that you have to find by exploring the noble quarter or by spending a ton of gold to buy the nobleman's outfit so you can complete the mission. And thank god for that, because 99% of the time actual stealth mechanics in games suck.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
They released the patch, reshade stopped working until some mods get updated (re framework), and it's always shocking how desaturated the game is vanilla lol.

I immediately saw a pawn doing a jumping fist pump after I high fived my main pawn, and I really don't recall ever seeing that.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
They released the patch, reshade stopped working until some mods get updated (re framework), and it's always shocking how desaturated the game is vanilla lol.

I immediately saw a pawn doing a jumping fist pump after I high fived my main pawn, and I really don't recall ever seeing that.

Ooh, may check this out. Won't play this for a while after tomorrow due to stellar blade and fo4.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
I thought re framework would need an update since reshade stopped working, but putting the files in the plugins folder rather than root or _storage_, which was previously working, fixed that. Ok then.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Lore question, if dying to the seneschal is what makes an arisen the dragon - how did the cycle continue in order for us to have dd2?

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Lore question, if dying to the seneschal is what makes an arisen the dragon - how did the cycle continue in order for us to have dd2?

Some people speculate DD2 is a prequel and Gran Soren comes from the ruins of Rothais' kingdom (the Seafloor Shrine) as the geometry is similar, but I personally feel like DD2 is multiverse/alternate universe.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Some people speculate DD2 is a prequel and Gran Soren comes from the ruins of Rothais' kingdom (the Seafloor Shrine) as the geometry is similar, but I personally feel like DD2 is multiverse/alternate universe.

DD2 could both work as a prequel and sequel, but I lean more toward a sequel given the state of gran soren in ruins. This is even before taking the ending into consideration which seems to blow up the cycle more than DD1s ending did.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
There is no stealth. You put on the marcher's set and you can walk anywhere you want in the castle
Another protip I guess is you know you're not sufficiently disguised in an area you're not supposed to be if the music changes to something more dramatic. If you have the right disguise on, that music doesn't proc or it changes to something more calm. There's another area like this in Battahl that you can just walk in to later without a disguise and this is how you know they won't throw you in jail for being there.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
As I understand it,
the current Seneschal is Rothais, the guy in the Seafloor Shrine. He's seemingly entirely uninterested in doing his job, so he got put underwater and the Pathfinder has put in place a new cycle where Arisen are sent to kill him, but he keeps killing them instead. Instead of turning into dragons their souls are scattered in the sea and wash up on the beach, which is what Phaesus is using to make the Godsway.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Anyone know why, when I'm playing thief, sometimes formless feint doesn't take effect?Like he does the animation, but it just doesn't go into affect? It happens mostly right after I unsheathed the daggers I've noticed. Right now I have to monitor his stamina bar to make sure it's working before I could do anything and that's no fun.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
As I understand it,
the current Seneschal is Rothais, the guy in the Seafloor Shrine. He's seemingly entirely uninterested in doing his job, so he got put underwater and the Pathfinder has put in place a new cycle where Arisen are sent to kill him, but he keeps killing them instead. Instead of turning into dragons their souls are scattered in the sea and wash up on the beach, which is what Phaesus is using to make the Godsway.

O.O That is dark! Do you have a link to where this is being discussed? I wanna dig in!

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
DD2 could both work as a prequel and sequel, but I lean more toward a sequel given the state of gran soren in ruins. This is even before taking the ending into consideration which seems to blow up the cycle more than DD1s ending did.

The reason I lean towards alternate canon/reality myself is the amount of time that would have to have passed for that to be Gran Soren (or vice versa if it eventually becomes Gran Soren). Gransys' topology and environment is significantly different from Vermund, and that sort of change would take thousands of years, yet they're still wearing metal armor and using swords and bows, so either the people of the world of DD just don't advance technologically and are 1heads or it can't have been that long between the two, where that kind of change wouldn't be possible.

Saito Hikari

Jul 3, 2021
The reason I lean towards alternate canon/reality myself is the amount of time that would have to have passed for that to be Gran Soren (or vice versa if it eventually becomes Gran Soren). Gransys' topology and environment is significantly different from Vermund, and that sort of change would take thousands of years, yet they're still wearing metal armor and using swords and bows, so either the people of the world of DD just don't advance technologically and are 1heads or it can't have been that long between the two, where that kind of change wouldn't be possible.
IIRC the prevailing theory is that...

The game is a sequel and an alternate reality all at once, a sequel in the sense that we're seeing a version of the world where after the Arisen/Seneschal from the first game godsbaned themselves and plummeted into the sea, with residual power from their body compelling the Brine to take up the mantle of recreating the cycle. So the Brine/Pathfinder tried to recreate the cycle as best they could, but an extremely imperfect version of it, to the point where some people have become aware of the cycle's existence, Rothais saw the cycle as something tyrannical rather than a necessity and tried to stall the cycle himself, and that resulted in the Pathfinder reviving the same dragon over and over again to the point where the dragon drops heavy hints towards each Arisen in an attempt to get them to break the cycle too.

Also, it sounds like in DD1, it's generally several decades in between each cycle. IIRC the time period between Duke Edmund taking the throne and DD1's Arisen coming into the picture was stated to be about 50 years. In DD2, the gap between each cycle seems to be a lot shorter (to the level where there are multiple Arisen walking around who just never chose to challenge the dragon in the end, it's highly implied that every class meister is an Arisen), meaning way more monster attacks due to the constant presence of a Dragon and Arisen, keeping the civlizations suppressed.

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
Y'all who finished the game and enjoyed it but waiting for dlc because you want more. How does it feel to not have any other dogma likes to fill the void

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Knacker: AAIAIIAIIAAAAAAHHHHHUUURRGHHH
Main pawn: 'Tis as you say

Finished the game some days ago and, while I've entered again to start ng+ and then again when I noticed my main pawn (who is being perma hired by my partner) was with starter gear so I could put proper equipment on her, I'm done for a long time now. I'm hopeful for some eventual dlc but I've had my fill, I'm a very slow player and I think I've done almost all content the game has (except maxing a couple vocations).

Overall I think the first game was better written and made more interesting in terms of lore, and I enjoyed the endgame much more there. This one's been a let down in several aspects although it's also cool in its own way. Sale as the writing and story, and the general impression is the same: there are things that were better in the original and things that are better now. I'm really very glad we got this sequel and hope for more new things from the franchise in the future. Please don't take that long again though.

Also, I feel like the souls like era should come to an end for the dogma likes era to start right now. The style could benefit a lot from fresh perspectives and different takes on its core values.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Pawns less likely to jump to their death off a cliff with this patch HUH?!?

i-dont-believe-you-ron-burgundy.gif

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Slower leveling is the way to go. Been running with 0.25 exp for combat and 0.4 exp for quests. I've been using the same pawns for a long time, rather than out leveling them so quickly.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Went afk while waiting for sunset to do a quest
Came back to a pawn solicitation that locked up the clock lol

Pawns less likely to jump to their death off a cliff with this patch HUH?!?

i-dont-believe-you-ron-burgundy.gif
Feels like they broke it or something cuz my pawn literally ran straight off a cliff, from flat land and no enemy around
And then later disappeared outta nowhere, I'm assuming off a cliff cuz I didn't even fight anything.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like they broke it or something cuz my pawn literally ran straight off a cliff, from flat land and no enemy around
And then later disappeared outta nowhere, I'm assuming off a cliff cuz I didn't even fight anything.

It does seem worse for real? I know they love diving off the cliffs on the alternate path to Battahl, but they were all jumping to their deaths around the outskirts of Vernworth where I haven't seen it before LOL.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Probably not *really* the thread for it but man I've seen there are just an absolute ton of promising mods for DD:DA and I'm thinking I'll replay that modded to heck after I put this one to bed eventually. Lots of QoL mods but also some significant visual gains to be had along with a bunch of full class overhauls (warrior has a really great looking one) and who knows what else out there to mess with.

Haven't done a full replay of DD, well, ever, and I'm curious to return to that game (even modded) after finishing up DD2.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, any tips on upgrading the dragon blink bow quick? Need to get the materials but don't seem to find them.

Add a pawn with forager to your party. The icons on the map are the components you need to upgrade whatever you've got equipped (all equipment not just weapon so you might have to get naked to narrow it down)

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, any tips on upgrading the dragon blink bow quick? Need to get the materials but don't seem to find them.
Black Crystals can come from Liches, but you can also buy a few from a wandering merchant that hangs out near the ancient battlegrounds. Monster Fangs are a bit more tricky as they can drop from Saurians and Chimeras but the highest drop chance are from Garms, which are either found in Battahl in specific caves or in Ancestral Chamber after a certain point in the story prior to post game. Dragon Scales from Drakes and Darkscales from Saurian Lizards in the region beyond Battahl at the south of the map.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Monster fangs drops from a bunch of things and you likely have?
dark scale drops from magma Saurian
Black crystal drops from wight. It spawns once inside waterfall cave near the beginning area
Dragon scale from drake

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Also, I feel like the souls like era should come to an end for the dogma likes era to start right now. The style could benefit a lot from fresh perspectives and different takes on its core values.
Souls-likes are honestly becoming a detractor for me now. There's too many.

HeeHo

Oct 27, 2017
Does using a duplicated finder's token not count towards getting the trophy/completing the quest for "A game of wits"?

If there is no penalty, is anyone willing to please assist with gifting it to my pawn?

Pawn ID: DM410BB6NLBU

"Teepo"

PSN: HeeHo

That 0 might be an O, it's hard to tell.

I was loving this game until this point. Asking to remember where the first seeker token obtained in your game is crazy.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Souls-likes are honestly becoming a detractor for me now. There's too many.

Yeah I've enjoyed some of them quite a bit but they haven't even really added much to the genre, most of them nothing at all and don't even get the core mechanics right in many cases. I feel if other studios started copying Dogma and focusing on what makes it great (for me), there could be some nice hardcore adventure games and it could even benefit from other popular mechanics/genres like rogue lite and shit. But the pawn system may be too complicated or copyrighted to even try for smaller studios. And there's also Capcom fighting mechanics and tight controls of course. But I'd like to see them try.

Asking to remember where the first seeker token obtained in your game is crazy.

Indeed. I was lucky I read somewhere it was a necessity and took note, didn't even know for what. I was already taking notes anyway for the markers and some things so I made sure to get the location right and then the only problem was to try and get there in time (which I don't even know if it's relevant in the end or not). But it's a bit of trolling ferristone style lol.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Does using a duplicated finder's token not count towards getting the trophy/completing the quest for "A game of wits"?

If there is no penalty, is anyone willing to please assist with gifting it to my pawn?

Pawn ID: DM410BB6NLBU

"Teepo"

PSN: HeeHo

That 0 might be an O, it's hard to tell.

I was loving this game until this point. Asking to remember where the first seeker token obtained in your game is crazy.
Sent you the finders token
It shouldn't affect trophy? Cuz it's a 100% accurate reproduction, stacking with the real one.

HeeHo

Oct 27, 2017
Sent you the finders token
It shouldn't affect trophy? Cuz it's a 100% accurate reproduction, stacking with the real one.

Thank you so much! I spent my entire Friday night looking for it only to come up short, was very discouraging.The sad thing is, it always feels like the next token will be it, lol.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
I plan to play DD:DA after I finish up with this, but it also has me wanting to replay AC: Valhalla so bad that I already installed it.