Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I'll sale wait

www.ign.com

Capcom Is 'Aware' of Dragon's Dogma 2 Frame Rate Issues on PC, Looking Into Fixes - IGN

In a statement to IGN, Capcom acknowledged possible frame rate issues with Dragon's Dogma 2 on PC, saying they may be linked to the heavy amount of CPU demanded from NPCs in the game.

Screenshot_20240320-080235.png

So... it might actually be a small hazard to play it on console? lol

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
GameSpot - 9/10
www.gamespot.com

Dragon's Dogma 2 Review - Pawn Stars

Dragon's Dogma 2 is an excellent sequel that builds upon the first game's core concepts to create a thrilling open-world adventure.

Also mentions PC optimization.
Weird to notice that Gamespot is using one of the OT poll title options? I know it's not exactly original but it just happened with Helldivers 2 last month lol.

www.resetera.com

Dragon's Dogma 2 - Preview Thread

I've just been working on putting the finishing touches on the OT for the game, excited to post it for you all next week before the game releases. I'll be taking the final community voted choice for the title of the OT tomorrow, based off the results of the poll, so if you haven't voted yet -...

www.gamespot.com

Helldivers 2 Review - Starship Bloopers

Helldivers 2's randomized missions and compelling reward track make for a delightfully fun shooter.

anyways 89 on opencritic so far let's GOOOO

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
With the performance issues, I don't know whether to go PC or PS5. Eh, I'm getting a copy on both, I'll test them myself and see which one to stick to.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The first game was quirky enough with stuff I wouldn't want them to change and I can see how some reviewers would be put off by that, so this all makes sense. Shaping up to be good.

I'm on a 3060ti so here's hoping I can get decent performance. Hopefully g-sync will save me from it feeling too stuttery.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Actually could have gotten better reviews if the performance was better. Damn shame but nice to see another Capcom banger.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rofl, what did they do with RE Engine to mess up this bad.
First proper open world game to run on the engine I think, unless you count Monster Hunter Rise's maps as open world. RE Engine has made the magic work before but I imagine its seen mostly specialized use up until now and we're seeing where it might struggle with this one.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Saying the 4090 even dips doesn't mean much when everything I'm seeing makes it look like it's CPU bound, has anyone tried it on a super high end CPU and seeing what they get?

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it can't hold 30 FPS on PS5. I never would have expected it to be playable on Deck.
You can't turn all the settings to low on PS5. So I would like some sort of balance for the Deck.

Austin Walker continues to be infectious in his energy for a game he's into. Good read up by him.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
I'll sale wait

www.ign.com

Capcom Is 'Aware' of Dragon's Dogma 2 Frame Rate Issues on PC, Looking Into Fixes - IGN

In a statement to IGN, Capcom acknowledged possible frame rate issues with Dragon's Dogma 2 on PC, saying they may be linked to the heavy amount of CPU demanded from NPCs in the game.

Screenshot_20240320-080235.png

lmao. maybe we get to a point where bad framerates and performance will lead to bad sales soon.
cause this clearly shows that devs/publishers dont care about it anymore

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I did not expect the PC would fare better after the obvious issues with console performance.

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't mind waiting for some patches and PS5 pro to play this.

Seems otherwise an amazing game.

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
Runs terribly from what I read, even 4090 fitted PCs are dipping into the 20s fps wise.

I ran with a 4090, everything maxed out, and even with DLSS off it never got anywhere near that low. With DLSS on, I was seeing about 80-100fps when stuff is casual and when there's a lot going on down to 60 or ever so slightly below (probably the lowest I saw, in the biggest fights, was about 54). This was before the official Nvidia Driver update for the game, also, which dropped today. No idea how much that'll improve stuff.

Most of it is CPU bound, though. There's a lot of calculations going on to keep the various AI elements and stuff of the open world turning in a 'natural' way. Like, the frame rate gets crunchy when there's a lot going on - but it's more about there being a lot of actors than it is about loads being rendered. So it's a CPU bottleneck, not a GPU bottleneck.

Azuos

Sep 29, 2021
I ran with a 4090, everything maxed out, and even with DLSS off it never got anywhere near that low. With DLSS on, we're talking about 100fps when stuff is casual and when there's a lot going on down to 60 or ever so slightly below. This was before the official Nvidia Driver update for the game, also, which dropped today.

Most of it is CPU bound, though. There's a lot of calculations going on to keep the various AI elements and stuff of the open world turning in a 'natural' way. Like, the frame rate gets crunchy when there's a lot going on - but it's more about there being a lot of actors than it is about loads being rendered. So it's a CPU bottleneck, not a GPU bottleneck.
What resolution?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
SO I wonder how a 7800x3d will do? because... holy shit im freaking out now. Where do I upgrade from here? Like, I literally cant build a better PC than what I have lol? Unless the 14900 plays a bit nicer with this game?

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Did not think I would have to play a ps5 game in 2024 where I wonder where the Blighttown ps3 framerate will kick in

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Some PC performance info from PC gamer. There's more in their article. For some reason DLSS 3 frame gen isn't supported, even though this was announced by Nvidia back in January. The DLL is present, so hopefully enabled with a day 1 patch?

The performance of Dragon's Dogma 2 can be summarised with one utterance: CPU. It doesn't really matter whether you're measuring performance in the city or the open world, the processor and platform you have will play a huge role in determining whether or not your graphics card has a chance to shine in this game.

Capcom's recommended hardware requirements should really be viewed as the absolute minimum, and ideally you're going to need a 12th Gen Intel Core or Ryzen 5000-series or better CPU.

UF03OP2.jpeg

www.pcgamer.com

Dragon's Dogma 2 performance analysis: It'll take everything your PC has and still want more

I hope you have a top-end CPU and GPU because you're really going to need them.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
GameTyrant 9/10:

gametyrant.com

Dragon's Dogma 2 Review - Wolves Hunt in Packs, Again — GameTyrant

I’ve been waiting for a sequel to Dragon’s Dogma ever since I played the PC version a few years back. It’s a deeply special game with so many unique ideas, engaging systems, and freedom that’s hard to come by in a single RPG experience. That is until Dragon’s Dogma 2, which takes everything from the

CAPCOM has finally revived the Dragon's Dogma series with an ambitious sequel that celebrates the joy of discovery, adventure, and action with exceptional depth and care. It's a sequel that meaningfully iterates on the original without losing sight of what attracted fans in the first place and offers a massive world full of mystery and danger at every corner.

Temperance

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
I ran with a 4090, everything maxed out, and even with DLSS off it never got anywhere near that low. With DLSS on, we're talking about 100fps when stuff is casual and when there's a lot going on down to 60 or ever so slightly below. This was before the official Nvidia Driver update for the game, also, which dropped today.

Intel CPU? Maybe the answer is AMD CPU's are in trouble?

DeadbeatDisco

Feb 26, 2019
This feels like further reinforcement that performance has next to no impact on scores because the performance sounds all-time bad.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like it is very CPU dependent in the city. So the 4090 aspect of the equation is not nearly as important as the CPU.

samseesghosts

Feb 13, 2022
England
I ran with a 4090, everything maxed out, and even with DLSS off it never got anywhere near that low. With DLSS on, I was seeing about 80-100fps when stuff is casual and when there's a lot going on down to 60 or ever so slightly below (probably the lowest I saw, in the biggest fights, was about 54). This was before the official Nvidia Driver update for the game, also, which dropped today. No idea how much that'll improve stuff.

Maybe that review was from a pre patch build then, as there was a patch for PC copies, that's great news, however most reviews still noted drops into the 30s with screenshots to show of frame graphs.