• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
What's this about uploading pawns? I just assumed my pawn was automatically made available to friends, is there something I need to do specifically to upload it?

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Yep!

And bless people for using my pawn. Love me some badass warrior women and it's good to know other people have good taste too.

We should have a share your pawn thread. Here is mine. ID92-31e2-4939
EEM8m0d.jpg

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
What's this about uploading pawns? I just assumed my pawn was automatically made available to friends, is there something I need to do specifically to upload it?

Every time you rest at an inn or at an encampment that offers inn-like services, the current, local state of your created pawn is uploaded to Capcom's servers. If you don't periodically rest at an inn, the server version of your pawn will remain as it was at the time of last upload. Level, gear, vocation, quest knowledge, monster knowledge, location knowledge.

Resting at an inn will also download rift crystals earned, gifts awarded, and quest/location/monster knowledge learned while your pawn was hired out and adventuring with other Arisens.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
It's automatically uploaded whenever you rest at an inn while you're connected to the internet.
Every time you rest at an inn or at an encampment that offers inn-like services, the current, local state of your created pawn is uploaded to Capcom's servers. If you don't periodically rest at an inn, the server version of your pawn will remain as it was at the time of last upload. Level, gear, vocation, quest knowledge, monster knowledge, location knowledge.

This thread is just the best - thanks for the help

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
You're welcome. Please check my edit. There are two great reasons to periodically rest at an inn, not just the one I initially stated.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a good story in this game? I want to play some fantasy and I was thinking about this or TESO

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
The story's kind of not very good. It starts to get interesting towards the end, but as much as I love the game, I wouldn't consider the story a highlight.

Oct 27, 2017
The battle music never switching off is at least sometimes due to enemies being stuck inside walls/floors and untargetable. I was by the quarry last night and sighing over the never-ending battle music, then spotted a twitching goblin face poking out of a rock wall. The music finally stopped after killing it. This happened with a snow harpy also, just a wing flailing out of the ground.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
The story's kind of not very good. It starts to get interesting towards the end, but as much as I love the game, I wouldn't consider the story a highlight.

It's definitely a bit interesting around the end but it's super confusing throughout the whole game, and especially at the end. Partly because the quests are kinda janky, parts of them can be done out of order so you miss a bit of setup (especially if you often fast travel). Partly because they use ye olde English, or even ye older English for much of the dialogue. And partly because the game seems to assume you will understand things based solely on what's happening in various cutscenes but it's certainly not that clear for a lot of them.

Once I finally finish the post game I'm sure I'll have a lot of story/lore questions to ask here.

WhiskerFrisker Friend Code

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Those of you just starting out, or doing runs in BBI, please take my pawn out so that I can get rift crystals. She is a level 31 Strider who will end up as an end-game ranger. Her inclinations are challenger and migitator. This means she'll focus on range attackers, spell casters, and the weakest first; Great for clearing adds. My Switch ID is SW-6868-5420-6112

D5cGGfhUcAIIxY2.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I must be back online now because I never saw my pawn ID until it just popped up after trying to connect to the server. I guess that's how you can look a pawn up without adding a million friends?

She's a warrior at the moment, but I haven't set any of the long start-up moves because pawns tend to whiff those. She has sinew so can carry a decent amount of stuff.

Those of you just starting out, or doing runs in BBI, please take my pawn out so that I can get rift crystals. She is a level 31 Strider who will end up as an end-game ranger.

Sounds good, I'll add her to my party this evening.

Tu101uk

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Wait, what?!

My one complaint about this game was the fact I needed to go into the menu to look at the map. Now you're telling me that I don't...

th
Apparently there are other shortcuts available that the game doesn't explain clearly - everyone knows "-" for Inventory screen and "+" for Pause menu, but double-pressing "-" will go straight to Equipment screen instead and double-pressing "+" will take you to the Map straightaway. Really useful for those who play in docked mode.

Also many items can be assigned to the d-pad as hotkeys in the Inventory screen for quick access by holding L+R then tapping the direction assigned (mainly for consumables and tools, great for health/stamina items and the lantern, doesn't work with the Eternal Ferrystone or for switching weapons).

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't play on Switch, but I went through, did new game, new game plus, bitterblack isle twice, game is still so good.If there's a second one coming, it'll be day one for me! Hope ya'll enjoy it, especially if you're playing for the first time. It's got problems, but the gameplay is not one of them.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
After around 15 hours, the game is finally clicking with me and now I'm addicted.

The first few hours are a miserable experience, but after a while it gets good. I remember dropping the game back on PC with around 10 hours played, so I'm glad I gave it another shot. Switch form factor really helps.

Still, the game can be really rough in some areas. Definition of a flawed gem.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I specifically didn't make my pawn a mage because I figured that was a popular choice. I go online tonight after adding a ton of you and NOT A SINGLE MAGIC HELPER in the lot!!

Who did I miss? Who has a mage ready to JOIN ME. Looking for somebody level 30+

Edit: man I just love this game

saboar

Oct 25, 2017
Had a crash leaving the Duke's Demesne after I accepted Pride Before a Fall. I didn't lose much progress since the game saved after I turned in the other quest.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently there are other shortcuts available that the game doesn't explain clearly - everyone knows "-" for Inventory screen and "+" for Pause menu, but double-pressing "-" will go straight to Equipment screen instead and double-pressing "+" will take you to the Map straightaway. Really useful for those who play in docked mode.
Oh snap, thanks again.

Also many items can be assigned to the d-pad as hotkeys in the Inventory screen for quick access by holding L+R then tapping the direction assigned (mainly for consumables and tools, great for health/stamina items and the lantern, doesn't work with the Eternal Ferrystone or for switching weapons).
I really wish you could hotkey the Eternal Ferrystone. That and just having the hotkey commands be on the d-pad, because unless I'm missing something important (which is certainly possible) having the commands for your Pawns mapped to the d-pad feels like a waste.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I really wish you could hotkey the Eternal Ferrystone. That and just having the hotkey commands be on the d-pad, because unless I'm missing something important (which is certainly possible) having the commands for your Pawns mapped to the d-pad feels like a waste.
I don't know why you even need to hold both L+R, surely just holding either of these would be enough.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Wait, what?!

My one complaint about this game was the fact I needed to go into the menu to look at the map. Now you're telling me that I don't...

th
Double tapping "start" (the "+" button I believe) also opens the map. Same with double tapping the "select" button which opens the equipment menu.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Still need to finisb FFX, FFX-2 and FFXII.
Defo buying this after though.

Was great back on PS3.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I think I beat every floor in post game everfall. It's to fucking hard to tell if I missed a floor, except trying to land on each and see if my nap us filled, which you cant land on all of them in a single drop.

I don't know if I have the stamina to keep at the offline Ur dragon. With the necessary backing out after it runs and constant one shots. Are the rewards worth it?

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I think I beat every floor in post game everfall. It's to fucking hard to tell if I missed a floor, except trying to land on each and see if my nap us filled, which you cant land on all of them in a single drop.

I don't know if I have the stamina to keep at the offline Ur dragon. With the necessary backing out after it runs and constant one shots. Are the rewards worth it?
Offline? Hell no, move onto BBI. Nothing Ur gives you will touch the BBI equipment.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017

Just go to BBI. Rewards are so much better in BBI for half of the effort.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Does maelstrom hit all those hearts? What spell makes it easy?

First stack 4 demon's periapts(and all the Magick boosting augments)
Use Holy infinity + focused bolts
They will auto home-in on all the hearts as long as u are near/facing their general directions
They will usually keep the dragon staggered
You can even run around when charging the the attack

Use a pilgrim's charm, before kill, for double xp
Depending on level, augments, and gear
Each kill can take a 2-3 minutes, down to even 30-40seconds
Not too bad for 250,000xp(when solo) and like a million(?) gold per kill!

Last edited:

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
First stack 4 demon's periapts(and all the Magick boosting augments)
Use Holy infinity + focused bolts
They will auto home-in on all the hearts as long as u are near/facing their general directions
They will usually keep the dragon staggered
You can even run around when charging the the attack

Use a pilgrim's charm, before kill, for double xp
Depending on level, augments, and gear
Each kill can take a 2-3 minutes, down to even 30-40seconds
Not too bad for 250,000xp(when solo) and like a million(?) gold per kill!

Whelp. I gave it a go for the past 40 minutes and no dice. Either you have some god stats and weapons I don't, or im doing something wrong. I'm not achieving anywhere near that dps, and the charge times are long enough that I'm not getting consistent stun lock going.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Whelp. I gave it a go for the past 40 minutes and no dice. Either you have some god stats and weapons I don't, or im doing something wrong. I'm not achieving anywhere near that dps, and the charge times are long enough that I'm not getting consistent stun lock going.

Your dragon's wit should be enough, preferably enhanced to level 3, and ur-dragon can dragon forge it
Make sure to use the 4 demons periapt back to back during the fight, and they need to be reapplied
The augments you need are acuity, attunement, ferocity, bloodlust(fight at night), autonomy(when you can solo)

Just takes some practice:)
Check out some upoop videos for reference
Like https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AOvnmHqRvVQ

All these preparations are used in BBI also
So they are not for naught

Last edited:

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking through the various vocation skills in the wiki, and noticed that Magick Knight has a bunch of reactive skills that fire when you block or "perfect block". Is that sort of like parrying in a souls game, where you press a button just as you are about to be hit to activate the skill?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I'm looking through the various vocation skills in the wiki, and noticed that Magick Knight has a bunch of reactive skills that fire when you block or "perfect block". Is that sort of like parrying in a souls game, where you press a button just as you are about to be hit to activate the skill?

Yeah. It's fairly easy to time, too.
With Mystic Knight, it enchants your Magick Shield, plus it counters with a spell. For other shield classes, it just staggers enemies.

It's also used to start some of your advanced offensive abilities/your bullet hell.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017