Gold!e

Jun 7, 2018
Britain
Can someone give a timestamp of when he fondled her? I've seen this video twice and haven't seen that part either time

I am confused as to why so many people are surprised about this though, R&B singers/rappers bring high school aged girls on stage all the time, especially as a 23 year old your female fanbase will be mostly younger than you. Although usually it's just playful stuff to get the fangirls worked up, this was a bit more uncomfortable to sit through.

Last edited:

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I wasn't even referring to your post. I was referring to the dozens of other people in this thread who have used your point to defend this asshole.
Some people probably are aghast at this but also shrug off someone like Rianna doing the same thing or worse though.

Benevlolant sexism is hard for people to shake, you are brought up to believe young women need to be protected and young men don't.

So it is an interesting aspect of this to discuss because 100% the general public reacts to this VERY differently than a 24 year old woman pop star doing the same thing.

However the other elephant in the room, the patriarchy, of course contributes. Men abusing power is part of the fabric of our society so it's somewhat rational to react more strongly to Drake doing this and not necessarily benevlant sexism. But that's not why the general public treats these situations differently; that's more the benevolant sexism that is so prevelant.

/rambling

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Can someone give a timestamp of when he fondled her? I've seen this video twice and haven't seen that part either time

I am confused as to why so many people are surprised about this though, R&B singers/rappers bring high school aged girls on stage all the time, especially as a 23 year old your female fanbase will be mostly younger than you. Although usually it's just playful stuff to get the fangirls worked up, this was a bit more uncomfortable to sit through.
1:25 he clearly puts his arms across her breasts to cop a feel without actually grabbing them. He then slides his hand right over her breasts to continue copping a feel, trying to look slick, then he backs away briefly and says "I'm gunna get in trouble, I'm getting too worked up" like the fucking creep he is.

It's not an issue of being surprised, it's about calling it out and holding people accountable.

Yet 10 pages in, we still get these kinds of shitty responses excusing away predatory behavior.
Some people probably are aghast at this but also shrug off someone like Rianna doing the same thing or worse though.

Benevlolant sexism is hard for people to shake, you are brought up to believe young women need to be protected and young men don't.

So it is an interesting aspect of this to discuss because 100% the general public reacts to this VERY differently than a 24 year old woman pop star doing the same thing.

However the other elephant in the room, the patriarchy, of course contributes. Men abusing power is part of the fabric of our society so it's somewhat rational to react more strongly to Drake doing this and not necessarily benevlant sexism. But that's not why the general public treats these situations differently; that's more the benevolant sexism that is so prevelant.

/rambling
Like you said, the power imbalance is what makes one particularly worse than the other. There are power dynamics that mean more than just sexual abuse. However, that doesn't mean abuse against men or from women is acceptable or not literally the same under the definition of sexual abuse/assault.

And I said before, if there are other abuses from women artists that have taken place, somebody make the thread and post the video(s).

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Like you said, the power imbalance is what makes one particularly worse than the other.

That is certainly not what I said or meant. The history of the patriarchy and general power imbalances effects people's reactions.

But Rianna has just as much power on stage as Drake does; the acts aren't worse or better than each other.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Even if she wasn't underage, this kind of shit would still be pervy and creepy as fuck IMO. I've seen other artists (male and female) do the same thing were they intimately sing to or dance with audience members and it always makes me feel dirty.

It's known that Drake fills entire buses with random girls off the street for parties. He literally has people that are hired by him to go up to random girls and ask them if they want to go to a private party held by Drake and or hangout backstage. Dude is a freak so I'm not surprised.
That Atlanta episode was real?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
That is certainly not what I said or meant. The history of the patriarchy and general power imbalances effects people's reactions.

But Rianna has just as much power on stage as Drake does; the acts aren't worse or better than each other.
The acts themselves are equally bad, of course. But one perpetuates the power imbalance between a man and woman. Yes, both are abusing power, but the context of a powerful man abusing a young woman has farther reaching consequences than the actual act of sexual abuse.

My point is that Drake's actions have worse societal consequences. The acts themselves are obviously just as bad, if we are operating under the premise that a powerful woman artist did the same exact thing on stage with a boy.

Last edited:

Gold!e

Jun 7, 2018
Britain
It's not an issue of being surprised, it's about calling it out and holding people accountable.

Yet 10 pages in, we still get these kinds of shitty responses excusing away predatory behavior.
Ahh. I thought that was an around the neck hug. Couldn't make it out from the video.

Apologies that my post read that way. I was trying to provide context to the video that wasn't in the OP but that's no excuse, what happened in the video is creepy and invasive regardless of her age.