• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboom

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
"jibberish made up language" lmao

defending this dude has really lead y'all to some interesting places - from throwing your parents under the bus to reframing the entire history of language being caricatured as just people speaking made up languages

you tried so hard to radiate civility in this post that you forgot to actually make a point beyond "my good chap, I strongly disagree"

It appears that comprehension and civility are neither of your strong suits... I'll show you a bit civility and simply wish you a good day.

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
I think you need to take a step back from your computer and go for a walk and relax, I did not see the original footage and have no desire to see the bathroom footage I just wanted some clarification on what was filmed.

You said "So is referring to someone filming a kid in a toilet as...'a mistake'." You can't physically be in a urinal but you can be in a stall, your language was misleading and open to interpretation so I wanted to know what you were talking about. I'm not retracting anything.

Just so there's no confusion the whole filming in a bathroom at a public event was incredibly stupid on the part of everyone involved with that.
That's a really long and not at all word-accurate apology for suggesting that I said, "...they broke into a stall and were filming in the stall with a minor?"

darkraider7

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
It's mind-boggling to me how threads like this can bring out certain people.

Was the recent racism a mistake too?

How many mistakes can a person make before you know what their character is?

Tell us more.
I'm not going to sit here and defend his actions on that clip that shows him clearly being racist.
But I'm also not going to be all high and mighty and act like i've never myself said some things that in retrospect were inappropriate or offensive.
I think if everyone was on camera for a large portion of their daily lives it would be easy to pick out things that portray them as racist or toxic.

Doc does often portray himself as someone who can be toxic as you said, but I have seen him do many good things on stream such as give good advice to his viewers or having a whole month charity stream for black lives matter.

He didn't have to come out and tell the world about his affair, but him doing so was him being humble and contrite imo, and goes against the persona that he tries to convey most of the time.

I can go on but I'm obviously not going to change the way you feel about him I just want to offer some perspective and play devil's advocate.

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
I just want to know what happened with Twitch. Gimme the DRAMA
I already covered this.

He's a cunt, got fired for being a cunt, his PR team tried to make the firing a massive secret to boost his profile, rather than the actuality of him being a cunt.

And I'm falling into the trap by posting about him and therefore, boosting his profile.

You win this round, Dr Disrespect PR Team...!!1

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I already covered this.

He's a cunt, got fired for being a cunt, his PR team tried to make the firing a massive secret to boost his profile, rather than the actuality of him being a cunt.

And I'm falling into the trap by posting about him and therefore, boosting his profile.

I get you don't like the guy and that's fine, but that word is disgusting to use.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
User Banned (5 Days): Hostility, trolling

Deleted member 40853

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 9, 2018
What truly incredible times we live in. Someone makes more money from a loading screen than most make in several months, records themselves being a horrible person constantly, and still people on the internet will HURL themselves into oncoming traffic just to protect his reputation.

Like...do the people in this thread rushing to his defense realize this man is rich AF and doesn't need your help? This is not some great public thinker, it's some guy who makes his money from playing video games all day and accepting donations from children. He is gonna be okay guys.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
A lot of women do not like that word so using it is a no no. Casually throwing it around is pretty gross and dismissive. Unless, you don't actually care about how women dislike that word of course.
i mean we can get into the fluidity of language and how the word is used commonly and colloquially across a number of different countries and subcultures, but you seem more interested in just wagging your finger at people and accusing them of hating women

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Like...do the people in this thread rushing to his defense realize this man is rich AF and doesn't need your help? This is not some great public thinker, it's some guy who makes his money from playing video games all day and accepting donations from children. He is gonna be okay guys.

You can say that about nearly everything we spend money on. Big actors, musicians, etc. don't need our help and are rich, but we still pay to consume whatever entertainment they put out.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
i mean we can get into the fluidity of language and how the word is used commonly and colloquially across a number of different countries and subcultures, but you seem more interested in just wagging your finger at people and accusing them of hating women

And you seem more interested in avoiding a real conversation and pretending to know ones full attention. It is what it is 🤷‍♀️

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
And you seem more interested in avoiding a real conversation and pretending to know ones full attention. It is what it is 🤷‍♀️

We're discussing a known racist who had a camera crew brought into a public bathroom.

It's weird that you seem to be taking more issue with someone calling him a bad word than the person the actual topic of the thread is about and the things he has done.

dantevsninjas

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, can this guy just fuck off already? In fact, can the whole dumb trend of idiotic "characters" just fuck off into the ocean as well?

Jul 26, 2018
I already covered this.

Lol...

the hate in this thread is real... geeze.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Surely this racist should get the same treatment on this site as dunkey? official catch all topic in community so we can stop giving him attention? Surely the mods should be doing this for all problematic content creators.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Surely this racist should get the same treatment on this site as dunkey? official catch all topic in community so we can stop giving him attention? Surely the mods should be doing this for all problematic content creators.

This is where I figure we're heading. Anytime there is a thread about him people come in here kicking up a shit storm trying to get the thread locked. Eventually, moderation will just stop allowing conversation all together about someone when that happens.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
This is where I figure we're heading. Anytime there is a thread about him people come in here kicking up a shit storm trying to get the thread locked. Eventually, moderation will just stop allowing conversation all together about someone when that happens.

So you want a racist to be given a platform on the site?

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What truly incredible times we live in. Someone makes more money from a loading screen than most make in several months, records themselves being a horrible person constantly, and still people on the internet will HURL themselves into oncoming traffic just to protect his reputation.

i mean, look at the president of the USA, if he was elected, of course other people like him would watch something like drdisrespect do.

Why can't we have more grandma shirley and stuff :(

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I already covered this.

That's your opinion but we have no idea. It wasn't because of the 5G stuff, that's ridiculous IMO. People say worse shit than that on the daily on Twitch and they dont give a fuck. No way twitch is throwing one of their top 3 streamers to a competing platform for FREE because of that.

Im now trending towards contract issues where he was actively trying to recruit other streamers to leave twitch as a package, they caught wind and banned him.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

If it's a thread to discuss his actual content and fans, yes.

But the topic of him returning is actual news in the industry so is thread worthy.

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
That's your opinion but we have no idea. It wasn't because of the 5G stuff, that's ridiculous IMO. People say worse shit than that on the daily on Twitch and they dont give a fuck. No way twitch is throwing one of their top 3 streamers to a competing platform for FREE because of that.

Im now trending towards contract issues where he was actively trying to recruit other streamers to leave twitch as a package, they caught wind and banned him.
I appreciate your genuine commitment to consider the situation logically but...don't let yourself get worked.

I think all signs point to conduct. But really? It doesn't matter. His team generated the controversy; the mystery. Lots of people in this thread see that (I think you do too). But there are so many others taken for a ride.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I appreciate your genuine commitment to consider the situation logically but...don't let yourself get worked.

I think all signs point to conduct. But really? It doesn't matter. His team generated the controversy; the mystery. Lots of people in this thread see that (I think you do too). But there are so many others taken for a ride.

I mean I don't have a horse in this race so I really don't care if its criminal or contractual (besides hoping that he hasn't hurt anyone). But his team really didn't generate the mystery. He was silent for months while other sources (slasher, etc.) implied that it was a sexual crime in light of the movement that was exposing tons of streamers and videogame personalities at the time. I thought the same thing, but if it was anything like that I think it would have leaked.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017

His team didn't generate anything. Twitch did the heavy lifting with the ban which initiated the mystery and then personalities like Slasher generated the the controversy with unsubstantiated claims hidden behind a "I know but I won't tell!" response (before QUICKLY retracting the tweets)

So unless you can prove that he some how manipulated twitch into the banning, I fail to see how you can seriously argue that he's responsible for any of this.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
As this stream is simply on a loop with no new information, the thread has been locked. In addition, we are no longer offering a platform to Dr Disrespect or his streams.

Status
Not open for further replies.