• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
You didn't leave GAF and come here because people were saying "fuck you" to racists and those who downplay racism.

I've made my point and stand by it quite strongly. I strongly don't agree with racism and will also right against it. However, I feel the way forward is through proper discussion and teachings.

Progress is never made through shouting and name calling. At least I believe.

It seems others disagree with me. While I respect the points made, I disagree and stand by my point and way of view.

That's it for me in this thread through. I don't think repeating myself over and over will do anyone any good.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
There is ALWAYS a time to be civil and speak like adults. Explain and let people learn and try understand better. That's the way forward.

Shouting each other down and name calling is not the way forward. I didn't leave Gaf to come here and experience it all over again.
Boogie is that you?

and even if he was a cool dude and never pulled any of those things, I still don't understand the appeal.
has MRA/Red Pill all over it..
I guess lot of teenage boys following him?

@ Mods: thx.

Island

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I dont really have an interest in streaming personailities let along watching anyone play games online (except for maybe game trailers or walkthrough/tutorial stuff) That being said, I do have an appreciation for the whole persona that DrDisRespect has been able to cultivate. I am fascinated by this phenomenon, that we have really only seen in mostly dystopian sci-fi. He combines a realtively new platform (streaming) with a shock jock mentality, and the overtop performance of a WWE wrestler, plus he has a certain aesthetic that fits*. I can understand why people like him; even if he isnt quite my taste.

*fits our weird 2020 hellscape.

I honestly feel like he may be the first in a long line of this style of performance.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I've made my point and stand by it quite strongly. I strongly don't agree with racism and will also right against it. However, I feel the way forward is through proper discussion and teachings.

It seems others disagree with me. While I respect the points made, I disagree and stand by my point and way of view.

That's it for me in this thread through. I don't think repeating myself over and over will do anyone any good.

It is not the job of others to "teach" racists and those who hand-wave racism how to be good people.

They know what they are doing is wrong. They simply don't care.

It is possible to grow and change. But if they haven't done that on their own and are still spreading/hand-waving racism and dangerous conspiracy theories that hurt others, they do not deserve to be spoken to with respectful dialogue.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Now theres a name I haven't heard of in a while.
He built my brothers PC :lol

He regularly does Warzone vids and as someone who could give less of a flying fuck about BR games, he makes them entertaining yet compelling to watch cause he makes shit look easy. His accent plays a big part too, he seems like an alright dude who just has fun.

Like he's not fucking insane and I'm glad that he's successful at that.

Island

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He regularly does Warzone vids and as someone who could give less of a flying fuck about BR games, he makes them entertaining yet compelling to watch cause he makes shit look easy. His accent plays a big part too, he seems like an alright dude who just has fun.

Like he's not fucking insane and I'm glad that he's successful at that.
jackfrags is one of the few that I watch for Warzone tips, but also because he seems so chill about everything

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is ALWAYS a time to be civil and speak like adults. Explain and let people learn and try understand better. That's the way forward.

Shouting each other down and name calling is not the way forward. I didn't leave Gaf to come here and experience it all over again.
We all left GAF because the owner was a POS and is now okay with enabling more POS.
And I don't treat POS like an adult and with respect, because they started being assholes towards others because of their gender, their heritage and whatnot. I tell them to piss off, so that they know that they are not welcome and don't invade safe spaces with their shitty friends.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Ppl is leaving, it was at 335K and now 329K, he is dragging out this for too long.

I don't believe he will actually get on camera today. I bet this stream goes all night. Especially with the "account compromised" with a Doc logo happening to Esports accounts on Twitter. I think its a marketing thing.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'd love it if doc hit 1000 members and just cut off the stream, without showing up at all.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
are the skits with a guy talking repeating or is every one different? trying to find out if this is a loop

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World

bye boogie

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
BCzBOCa.png

Guess he only needed some money for tonight or something...

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
This is all connected to Mixer ending. Doc starts streaming the same week Ninja is back on Twitch and Now Shroud is teasing stuff. My assumption is Doc was off his rocker and no longer worth the money once twich was the only game in Town and they just suspended him by choosing one of the many violations he probably had over the years to cut him loose.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Well said. Please keep up this messaging.

coming into a thread where people are being dismissive of behavior ranging from racism to signal boosting dangerous conspiracy theories for the sake of defending their favorite streamer of all things just to be like "please don't tell someone to go fuck themselves :(((((" makes for a pretty embarrassing combination of tone policing and pearl clutching

so please don't keep up that messaging and take a moment to ponder the possibility that emphasizing civility above all else might actually be a very bad thing

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody should have to come to Era and be told to go fuck themselves. Seriously. The world is full of negativity and hardships and I'd love to believe this can be a place for civil discussions. Please don't resort to name calling people out, it adds to the really huge amount of online negativity that we all have to wade through.

I'm not at all dismissing your point but please, let's all talk like adults here.

I have literally, time after time, been hand-waved multiple times, and I have eventually snapped on people because of this. It happens here. It happens in other threads. Eventually there is a tipping point and this is the hill you decide to die on. Seriously, go off. I'm seriously tired trying to be civil when clearly people in here don't respect my opinion on issues (notably stuff dealing with accessibility, disability issues, fat shaming, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.