Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Can we change the location of the analog sticks? I refuse to go back to symmetric design

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm a case that allows charging. Seems unnecessary and only going to drive the price up. Also makes me think the current DualSense charging dock won't work

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The paddles are labelled LB and RB.
That creates a nightmare in Design docs for multiplatform games as LB and RB are the bumpers on Xbox (and I assume the paddles on the DS Edge are mirrors of another input anyway). Joy!! 😂

Looks cool though, always wanted a high end PS official controller.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
hope the build quality is better than my launch day PS5 controller which has been extremely shoddy

Marston

Oct 25, 2017
Was just about to buy a new black Dualsense to replace the white one that came with my console too.

Please make a black version.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
It'll be interesting to see the cost of this. Elite Series 2 on Amazon can be found for $150. I'm thinking Dual Sense Elite will be north of $200.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I think what would have made me in was a PS1 grey with colored face buttons. As it is, I actually think the standard controller looks better than this.

BranCrackr

Oct 4, 2019
I greatly prefer the PS face buttons and d-pad, so I'm more apt to drop money on this vs the Elite controller.

Happy I procrastinated so long on grabbing a 2nd controller.

Why include a carrying case? That's the last "feature" I thought would be part of something like this and only adds unnecessarily to the price. Everything else though is solid.
Probably to more closely compete with Xbox's Elite which comes with one too.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
love the addition of function keys that allow you to adjust software-related things. So good

Disappointed that there's at best two back paddles though. I wanted some function to move ALL face buttons to the back

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Looks alright, not too sure so far. I wonder if replacement stick modules being sold separately means the base price will be reasonable and if there'll be more customization options. Unfortunately it's not looking like there's a way to swap out the D-pad, which I hate, but instead just the 2 analogue sticks

I'm personally hoping it would be smaller & lighter than the base controller, but that's unlikely. Still, curious to see comparisons eventually

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Oct 27, 2017
That creates a nightmare in Design docs for multiplatform games as LB and RB are the bumpers on Xbox (and I assume the paddles on the DS Edge are mirrors of another input anyway). Joy!! 😂

It shouldn't affect devs, right? Since it's a user customizable button and not a new button that devs have to account for.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
wonder if this will have a similar fail rate to the xbox elite controllers. feels like 50% of them broke after such a short time. shame because they felt great too.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like it will fit that market who want this kind of hardware customization, but why lock button remapping to this other than forcing people to buy a $200 controller.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
4 paddles would've been nice, but that controller legitimately looks pretty amazing.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
If it's not using hall sensors I'm not touching it.

Which fucking sucks because if it was I'd be definitely considering it because it would be nice to have a gyro controller for PC with paddles.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE

is that worse than multi platform games that appear on Switch where A is B and X is Y?

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
If you can literally change out the entire analog stick housing/component like it shows in the video to easily combat drift I would consider getting it depending the price. Based on my experience with the regular Dualsense so far, if the rest of this thing lasts 4 years and costs no more than $150, it will have paid for itself.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It shouldn't affect devs, right? Since it's a user customizable button and not a new button that devs have to account for.

Yeah it shouldn't at all, it's just when referencing LB/RB as an input (Xbox bumper), someone could get confused and thinks that's the PS input. It's fine, just another thing to think about!

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
I would have also preferred 4 paddles, but depending on the price I might still pick this up.