• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone who would want to try it, a friend of mine got their Dualsense in early and tried it on the PS3. They're saying it's working well, except for the PS button unfortunately.

Edit - works wirelessly too: see the threadmark

mine.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So the same as every other generic USB controller.. I wish they could make the PS button work at least.

And no wireless?

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That makes sense, actually.

It really should work in some capacity on PS4, it's a shame it doesn't.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I guess the same trick for the DS4 works for DualSense too. I remember it basically just letter you control the games, but pretty much everything else is off. Though it's been a while, could be misremebering.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Any word on whether or not it works on pc?

Yup, would be interesting if it has better native PC support than DS4.

Steam is a wonder for DS4 support, because otherwise DS4 even with DS4windows can be pretty sporadic on other storefronts.

Would be nice to have a Sony controller with native PC support.

iosefe

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Where the sun shines
if i recall from that conotroller video, he didn't try wired to a PS4, has anyone tried that yet or does it not matter?

by comparision, did wireless work for your friend?

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I could never get the DS4 to play any of the games I have on PS3, will this be any different (or was I doing something wrong lol)?

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Sweet. I just hooked my PS3 back up last week. Something else for me to check out this weekend (assuming Best Buy ships my controller).

Wireless instructions
OP
OP
iceblade

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
anyway to go back home then?

They said no.

So the same as every other generic USB controller.. I wish they could make the PS button work at least.

And no wireless?

They said the wireless does work: you have to make the Dualsense discoverable first, then search for it with the PS3.

Hold create and PS button at the same time. The LED's will flash blue. Then, go to accessories settings -> search for new devices -> register.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
I'd be surprised if it didn't work. PS3 supports pretty much every USB gamepad I've ever tried to connect to it.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
Is this doing anything special or just the usual ringing up as a generic controller? My Switch Pro controller works on the PS3.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
I'm trying to knock out a few PS3 games before PS5 drops, debating grabbing one Friday for this lol

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I could never get the DS4 to play any of the games I have on PS3, will this be any different (or was I doing something wrong lol)?
I could connect it easily but I couldn't get games to run.
This is the issue I was having.

Ironically it connects and I can move in the UI but none of the buttons work when the game is on.

Interesting. I play at least once a week on PS3 using my white DS4, the only problem is that the PS button doesn't work, so I have to turn the DS3 on to go back to the menu everytime.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I'll probably try again in the future if needed - been a while since I last tested it.

The first time I had to plug it in via cable, but after the initial bluetooth setup, I can just turn on the DS4 through de PS button and it's already working. It works on the menus and every game I tested. But again, unfortunately, it can't go back to the menu.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
There are a very few select games that don't work with just any old controller, but most work pretty well.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Damn OP, huge missed opportunity for "World's first footage of Demon's Souls played with Dualsense"