• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Nifty looking controller, but they really should have made it all white or all black.

Cool it works backwards with older consoles too!

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Back in the early PS4 days, I used my DS4 on my PS3 all the time. I think I just used the power button as the home button.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I could never get the DS4 to play any of the games I have on PS3, will this be any different (or was I doing something wrong lol)?
Interesting. I play at least once a week on PS3 using my white DS4, the only problem is that the PS button doesn't work, so I have to turn the DS3 on to go back to the menu everytime.
I haven't tried it personally since I just saved and got a dual shock 3 but if you want to use your DualShock 4 (maybe dual sense too) on your PS3 there's an adapter on Amazon called the magic ns that works on PS3 and even switch and allows every button to function. It's what I should've gotten.

Oct 31, 2017
I was gonna make a "WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS?" thread but I just found this.

Old thread, but I think it's worth it to bump: I just connected my Dual Sense to the PS3 and it works. It's pretty cool how the PS3, as bulky and unrefined as the UI was, wanted you to connect Bluetooth devices on it to the point where the tech still works, so your PS5 controller can now be used.

And it's great because my PS3 controller stopped working a few years ago, and I could very well use the PS4 controller with it, but now I can do whichever controller I feel like.