DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Man, Batman 3 sure is weird.

8cqPiAI.jpg

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure all these human characters will be very interesting and not at all seem shoved in where they don't belong.

Kool Kid

Apr 10, 2018
This trailer made me emotional.
Just saw this documentary about baby elephant Aisha and her caretaker.

elephants are amazing animals. Hopeful this is good.

I know the original has a pretty thin story, considering that the film clocks in at just over an hour, but I'm not sure adding a boat load of human characters is going to be an improvement on what's ultimately a sweet little tale of a child reuniting with their mother.

OP
OP
Sibersk Esto

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure all these human characters will be very interesting and not at all seem shoved in where they don't belong.

I know the original has a pretty thin story, considering that the film clocks in at just over an hour, but I'm not sure adding a boat load of human characters is going to be an improvement on what's ultimately a sweet little tale of a child reuniting with their mother.

Considering the film won't be including Timothy Q Mouse or Jim Crow, I figure they'll just take that space.

Considering the film won't be including Timothy Q Mouse or Jim Crow, I figure they'll just take that space.
There's quite few more characters that appear to be in this, well past the replacements for Timothy and the crows! Looks to be quite a few subplots associated with them, too.

I dunno, this just seems like a weird film to remake given how simple the premise is and arguably should remain. Throwing in too much incident stands to take away from the emotional core of the story and threatens to sideline Dumbo.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
The little girl actress looks like a robot throughout most of that trailer. Zero emotion. Lol.

AzerPhire

Oct 25, 2017
Looks good. Does Collin Farrel lose an arm over the course of the trailer?

Also Disney is going to make so so so much money next year.

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
Dumbo is the first Disney movie I can remember watching as a child. I'm not entirely thrilled that Tim Burton is making this but I refuse to write off a movie before it actually comes out.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Burton? Not sure if I am more surprised about this not including Johnny Depp or that it actually has PoC.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
So the Absinthe scene with the pink elephants will be just a circus attraction with soap bubbles ? Really ?

Damn I expected this movie to be safe when Tim Burton was set to direct but dear god that is safe even for his standards

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Dumbo is the first Disney movie I can remember watching as a child. I'm not entirely thrilled that Tim Burton is making this but I refuse to write off a movie before it actually comes out.
I'm not huge in Tim burton either, but the guy has made two movies I adore. Pee Wee's Big adventure and Big Fish.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
So the Absinthe scene with the pink elephants will be just a circus attraction with soap bubbles ? Really ?
im hoping thats just a normal attraction and then later dumbo has a nightmare about it where its all fucked up and spoopy

but ive got a feeling the attraction will be the only reference to it

doubt dumbo gets plastered

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I like it, looks more like Jungle Book where they changed it up a bit than being too similar like in Beauty and The Beast. when's Bambi live action remake though?