• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
RE5 remake is going to be interesting. Wonder if they'd take some inspiration from some of the elements of the very first 2005 reveal trailer where light/shadows played a much more prominent role than in the final product (assuming systems restraints played a role). But will also be interesting to see what they do with the parts that have aged pretty badly.

ShinkuTachi

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 29, 2017
I don't wanna hear from Capcom about them making another RE game if it's not a Code Veronica Remake in the mix, lol

Jeffolation

Shinra Employee
Oct 30, 2017
As long as I get RE5 and 6 I'll be a happy camper. It would be cool to see Zero get the treatment, never played it.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Resident Evil 9
Resident Evil 10
Resident Evil 11
Resident Evil 12
Resident Evil 13

Let's goooo

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Dusk Golem fucks and Era judged them too harshly in the past.

To celebrate these news, I'm officially creating the Knights of Dusk. A band of valiant warriors who will fight to uphold Dusk Golem's values and teachings.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
They have turned into a pure leaker huh?

'They are working on this really exciting RE Game! I won't say anything though''

Ok.

Third Strike

Nov 11, 2017
Wasn't Outbreak part of the Nvidia leak awhile back? My guess on what's coming:

Resident Evil 9
Resident Evil 1 Remake
Resident Evil Code Veronica Remake
Resident Evil 5 Remake
Resident Evil Outbreak (remake, port of the originals or new installment)

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Dusk Golem fucks and Era judged them too harshly in the past.

To celebrate these news, I'm officially creating the Knights of Dusk. A band of valiant warriors who will fight to uphold Dusk Golem's values and teachings.

Dusk brought a lot of the criticism he garnered on himself especially with how he wanted to portray himself as some kind of face of leaker culture while also just wanting to be a fan whenever something he said didn't pan out or got called out on his constant 'retirements' to just start leaking again.

Not all of the crap he got was warranted and sometimes people are just shitty, but he probably escaped much harsher criticsm than he should have in some instances quite frankly, like how he admitted that almost everything he 'leaked' about RE8's development was inaccurate and has lead to many people still spouting inaccurate information.

I think it's a better place for him mentally to not really engage with a larger community and stay in a discord of a more closed community. That God of War stuff from last year showed he wasn't in a good headspace with why he was doing what he was doing.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Revelaitons 3 is still happening, we've kept hearing about this for so long now, including how they changed its name.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
he saw it in a mirror, its just RE 5

never expect good things never be disappointed thats the way of life

PhillyPaw

Banned
Apr 11, 2021
Anybody could've stated that. In fact I'm here to declare that Capcom will be working on 6 RE titles!

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
The confidence with which people are like "yeah Code Veronica definitely"

Bless your hearts

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Realistically, two of those are obviously RE9 and RE5make, two more will be the shitty multiplayer modes Capcom will shoe horn into them, and the last will be some cool shit that'll get cancelled.

At most I'm hoping Outrage is still alive.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
4 of these will be random online multiplayer games that are unfun and dead on arrival~ but not a mercs game because that would make sense. Also RE9

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
REmake 5, REmake REmake and RE9 I'd say are a fair bet.

The other two I'd are minor games that Capcom themselves are probably not even much involved, like Resistence, RE:Verse and REmake 3.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Re-REmake 1
REmake Code Veronica
RE9(1st person/VR)
New 3rd Person entry (Leon game, I'd guess)
Something co-op/GaaS-y/loot-based(Exoprimal team ?)

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Maybe whatever you've heard about that so called project wasn't true to begin with…
I believe they were somewhat true. The name Outrage was floated around and it was confirmed to be real in the Capcom leak. Although I doubt that was actually Rev3 because of how similar the name is to Outbreak. Also a lot of the Rev3 rumours came alongside the Village rumours which ended up being half true.

Either way I feel like there was enough noise to say Rev3 was in development at some point.

amara

Nov 23, 2021
What will happen when they run out of RE to remake? Actually make new games?

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
RE5 Remake
RE9
RE1 RERemake
Outbreak 3
Revelations 3

EDIT: Also, whilst I disagree with how Dusk approaches leaking things (GOW leaks, constantly stating they're going to stop before coming back again and again) they have shown themselves to be fairly accurate. Sometimes, it just takes a long while for those rumours to come to fruition - most recently Silent Hill: The Short Message was leaked by Dusk months ago.

Last edited:

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Code Veronica, Ive genuinely tried to like over the years but fuck me, I just can't do it

Major work needed for a revamp. Same with 0

Personally I've got bets on them remaking REMake 1 before they remake those two.

I'd really like just a relatively straight port of 1-3 available on PSN this year.

I guess 1 is available on PS5 on PS Classics, but the PAL version is still the shitty slower version so an official Capcom rerelease is required

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't there supposed to be some Switch game in the works for a while now? I can only assume it got shit canned or plans changed with it's platform of choice.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
kind of strange to remake 2-3-4-5(?) and then 1, but it should fall on the 30th anniversary of the original, so that's an easy call

am super curious where they go with 9 though

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
There could be eighty RE games in development and Code Veronica still wouldn't be one of them lol

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Probably

RE9
RE1
RE5
RE10
?

There's been so many spin-offs and canceled games in the last few years that the last one could be anything. Heck, Dusk might not be including 10, and they might not even be doing 1.

Last edited: