ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
Something besides the mobile game?
I decided to recheck it and I'm not so sure now, basically it's the 15th anniversary of Sengoku Basara this year and while no details have been announced yet they have confirmed a new project to do with the franchise to coincide with the celebration (and even made a special 15th anniversary logo) so I think people may have heard all that and thought it meant new game confirmed

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
MH Switch probably 4 mill, possibly. Its hardly major compared to 15 mil (and growing)MHW. few mill is not a terrible number but Capcom obviously know what direction MH should go in if they want to grow it even more.
Why would MH switch only do 4M? On 3DS even the spinoff games could do 4M, and what with the breakout success (which pushes the franchise popularity in the non-Japanese markets) and Switch' selling power for software compared to the 3DS, it should do well over what the 3DS games could imo.

Not that I think it will happen, mind you -- and Capcom would be for the most part justified in focusing on their current MH World audience for the near future what with the breakout success they got. But if they were looking at a Switch MH game, it wouldn't be a slouch at all, and could imo do 6M or more (4M in Japan, and then 2M+ -- and I expect that 2M+ to be more like 4M+ tbh, considering that even a year late port of MHXX did close to a million outside of Japan), which would make it a major release for them by any standard.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Medium title? DMC5 Special Edition, adding Vergil and Lady / Trish campaigns. Who says no.

Oct 25, 2017
Speculation:
Cross-gen RE spin-off (repurposed from scrapped RE8)
SF6
Cross-gen DMC spin-off (rather than a special edition for 5, new campaign with new characters and beefed up Bloody Palace)
Cross-gen Mega Man X9 (medium title)

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Hmm medium game... I'd say a Megaman game.

Big ones? Street Fighter 6 for PS5 launch. Maybe another Monster Hunter World expansion and that unannounced RE game.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Err no, not even Splatoon 2 is a 4M seller in Japan.

And just because it would sell well in Japan, it doesn't need to be exclusive for the Switch.

MH is too big now, they don't need to sell just for the japanese audience, its not like before.
Monster Hunter is a bigger gaming franchise than Splatoon in Japan. It has repeatedly sold 4M on the 3DS and PSP, and Switch is capable of equal or better software sales compared to 3DS.

I agree that having exclusive monster hunter games for Switch does not make sense a priori, but I could see a rationalisation from them that they are putting a smaller team that will not produce a game with production values that are as high as MHW was. As a result, they may want to keep it separate from the MHW line of games targeting the XB/PS/PC. Ideally, they'd put it on everything, though.

As regards your third sentence: a Switch MH game, assuming it is a major MH game like MHG was years before, would have a ton of potential inside of Japan, but also outside of it: just consider the fact that MHGU, a year late port of an expanded edition of MHG, did close to 1M outside of Japan. A new game, presumably, would be localised day one, and have a decent marketing push by Nintendo (and maybe Capcom as well), so it should have a ton of potential outside of Japan, and a MH game for Switch would not be just for Japan (see also the other post I made on this topic for a bit more expanded thoughts on the topic). Again though, as mentioned in the other post, I stress that I do not think they will do it, nor do I think they would be dumb for not doing it.

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
  1. Resident Evil 3 Remake
  2. Resident Evil VIII or Revelations 3
  3. Street Fighter VI
  4. Deep Down/Dragon's Dogma 2
  5. Megaman

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
MH Switch probably 4 mill, possibly. Its hardly major compared to 15 mil (and growing)MHW. few mill is not a terrible number but Capcom obviously know what direction MH should go in if they want to grow it even more.
MH4 (4.1m) + MH4G (4.2m) = 8.3m
MHW (14.9m) + MHWI/ME (3.2m) = 18.1m

MHX (4.3m) + MHXX (3.4m) = 7.7m

Nice try but MH can be well supported on a single Nintendo platform as shown multiple times. Keep in mind that MH4 was not released in the west and only in Japan. If it had been, MH4+MH4G would possibly sold around 10m on a single platform.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
If it's not a real Breath of the Fire then I'M OUT!!!!!!!!!

Kidding aside a Mavel vs Capcom 2 remaster would be a medium game wouldn't it ^_^

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Can't wait to see the model they pick to scan into Princess Prin Prin !

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Onimusha with souls elements have sales potential. I mean just look at Nioh.

Nice try but MH can be well supported on a single Nintendo platform as shown multiple times. Keep in mind that MH4 was not released in the west and only in Japan. If it had been, MH4+MH4G would possibly sold around 10m on a single platform.

You fellas are still doing this? the G games are pretty much new releases. not bunch DLCs that can be downloaded digitally next to the main game. That's how Capcom and most people see it and will never stop comparing the 4m number to the 15+m number of World.

Seriously some of media create nonsense need to just stay there and never leave.

That said, sure. I could see MH Switch happening. A potential 4-5m units sold is worth the investment.

Last edited:

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
Onimusha with souls elements have sales potential. I mean just look at Nioh.

You fellas are still doing this? the G games are pretty much new releases. not bunch DLCs that can be downloaded digitally next to the main game. That's how Capcom and most people see it and will never stop comparing the 4m number to the 15+m number of World.

Seriously some of media create nonsense need to just stay there and never leave.

That said, sure. I could see MH Switch happening. A potential 4-5m units sold is worth the investment.
The correct conclusion from that is that Iceborne did not capture the same number of players as base game but if that's the way you want to look at it, sure.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Big games :
1. Resident Evil 3
2. Monster Hunter "Next" (Switch)
3. Onimusha reboot
4. FP Resident Evil spin off that started as 8, with Ethan and werewolves and other cool shit

Medium game :
Ace Attorney 7

I don't believe in SFVI being an early 2021 release. It'll release in the fiscal year after that one imo. In 2021, but after April.
The medium game could also be Megaman X9, but I'm gonna go with AA7, it's been too long imo, I feel like it has to happen.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
The correct conclusion from that is that Iceborne did not capture the same number of players as base game but if that's the way you want to look at it, sure.

Correct. DLCs pretty never sell base game numbers and G games aren't DLC or expansions so it never was and never will be comparable. in other words water is wet. Good day sir

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, here's my prediction:

Resident Evil Revelations 3
Street Fighter VI (would make sense considering that the Capcom Cup winner doesn't automatically qualify anymore for Capcom Cup 2021)
Onimusha Revival (and it's going to be a Souls-like)
That medium game? There's so many possibilities. So many, that I can't decide what to pick, lol.

Reminder that DuskGolem said 4 big titles including 2 RE titles and one of it being the RE3 remake, which means there will be other 3 games + the medium game that won't be on the scale as the other AAA productions.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
On one hand, give me X9 already; on the other hand, I don't want it to be just a medium game--I'd like Capcom to start getting a little more ambitious with the franchise.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Dragons Dogma 2 is the only game I really, truly care about from Capcom. Everything else is nice to have I guess.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Capgod coming in swinging for nextgeb

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Four major titles in one FY is a lot, but Capcom did have a pretty light 2019-20 FY. If this is accurate, my guess for the "big titles" is:

RE3 - April 3
MH Switch - Fall
RE Ethan Werewolf Castle FPS - Late January
SFVI - Late March

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
My hopes are on a MH Switch game and DD2. I'm expecting mostly games to coincide with the next gen hardware releases.

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, I'm a bit OOTL, can someone clue me in on this Resident Evil Werewolves thing? Where'd mention of this start from and what is it supposed to be exactly? I'm totally lost but damn curious.