Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuggatz

Jun 6, 2018
This game is review proof for me, largely because I'm such a fan of the source material and the 4 previous games like this were good-to-great in my opinion. But I can see how reviews could make the difference for others on the fence. The only thing I'm on the fence about is buying the season pass. Not sure yet if I'll like it enough to want future content in the same game.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order (Switch) – 8/8/8/9 [33/40

Already day 1 for me... Cannot wait for this.

I am however still curious about the unlock suits.

This game is review proof for me, largely because I'm such a fan of the source material and the 4 previous games like this were good-to-great in my opinion. But I can see how reviews could make the difference for others on the fence. The only thing I'm on the fence about is buying the season pass. Not sure yet if I'll like it enough to want future content in the same game.

Same here still on the fence regarding that.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm buying the game sight-unseen, and I already have the season pass. :P

My only concern at this point is the lack of information about unlockable costumes. I'm a huge costume junkie, especially with Marvel stuff, so I really hope this errs more on the side of MUA1.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I brought the switch for this game, I kinda have to get it now. Right now I am debating digital or physical

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I brought the switch for this game, I kinda have to get it now. Right now I am debating digital or physical
Well since you have to get NSO to play with us anyways if you got a pair of vouchers you could go digital and save 20 bucks of it and another major switch game you should now get as you now own a switch

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
getting this and Fire emblem with the vouchers, man is the week difference gonna suck but i've got friends getting this game since i've convinced them with videos and gifs from this thread. (also helps my work discount makes getting the voucher deal at a cheap price (roughly $85.50)

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Since when is getting a 8 bad?

I'm quite honestly expecting this game to get 6's and 7's. Since I'm planning on getting it for the 4 player co-op, the quality of it matters less to me because it's more about my friends and I playing a new age beat em up with Marvel characters we can upgrade.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Same for me. Huge Marvel fan, huge fan of the previous MUA games and Marvel Heroes 2016 too. I am set on buying the DLC too if it isn't overpriced but I don't think it will be. So hyped up for this game! Also I don't know about Famitsu scores but 8/8/8/9 seems like a high score?

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I see the thread is moving into the bargaining stage of grief about the Famitsu score. It's going to be okay.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
.........Which Nova?
Who else?
latest

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
... You mean to tell me, if I'm playing single-player, the camera will be like that all the time? Holy shit, this whole time I've just been imagining it playing normally with the camera pulled back. This changes things. I need this game even more now.
If you play by yourself you can choose either camera view.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of us already know we like the game, but since it isn't the kind of narrative focused critical darling, or doing anything particularly genre-defining, I think we are expecting to see reviews in the 7-8 range.

If you're like me (a fan of the last two games and eager to play this one) I think we're mostly just curious about the extent of the playable content available and how many secret characters are really being hidden at the moment. I personally can't decide if it's gonna be like 2 or 10, haha

... You mean to tell me, if I'm playing single-player, the camera will be like that all the time? Holy shit, this whole time I've just been imagining it playing normally with the camera pulled back. This changes things. I need this game even more now.

So weird to me that they didn't take the time to demonstrate this during the treehouse. It's such a cool feature that works beautifully with the Switch

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
I was talking about this in discord last night, I don't expect the game to review super well. I feel like 83 is about tops for meta critic. That said the only way reviews are going to temper my excitement is if they say there is huge game breaking bugs (which I don't expect)

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any word on end-game stuff? Something like Diablo 3's seasons? I want to pick it up digitally but I'm afraid I'll beat it once or twice and never touch it again.

Stuggatz

Jun 6, 2018
82 MC is considered not scoring well? what?!
If you look at the context of the conversation, someone said it would score 83 tops. Then someone else categorized that as not reviewing well and asked why they felt that way. I quoted them and went with their characterization for pith. I think 82 is scoring well enough, but maybe the other guy will chime in with his thoughts.

Brixx

Jan 26, 2018
On what planet is receiving 8's and 9's out of 10 for a review score not considered 'good?' C'mon people.

Status
Not open for further replies.