Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I like the "a percentage" part. It doesn't get more bureaucratic than that.

Killer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's no fucking way they don't know about these problems before release . Treating their customers like fucking idiots.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Looking forward for more apology letters.
yep..sigh
If Diablo 4's fucked, it'll be its servers. Afaik, the betas have been fine performance-wise.

As for Starfield, Bethesda doesn't really tend to fix their games post-launch. That's up to the modding community unfortunately.
I just hope it ain't diablo 3 territory and for beth, I just hope they don't get a pass for their game's bugs and such adding to the charm of the game

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
or you know… don't release your game in a state like this

They knew this and chose to release it anyway lol

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno why they couldn't let this cook for another 3-4 months and release it in August or something

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
And here I thought they'd just ignore the complaints like so many other devs have done with shit PC ports.

I love all the qualifications though. "We're sorry to the loud minority that are having problems"

RavenK92

Nov 3, 2020
Game development doesn't end as soon as a game is content and mechanics complete, you actually need to test it, do QA and FIX WHAT'S WRONG BEFORE YOU RELEASE THE GAME. The mentality of "we can fix it with a patch" has gone way too far. Like smarter computers make the user's less efficient, standards for a day one release have been slipping for a long time and now we're at the point where most recent AAA releases are terrible on day one and require months of patching to perform well. And if you release enough games like that, people will stop caring and just say "the jank is the charm" and give it GotY awards regardless of performance

LordFlash

Mar 24, 2023
We are still waiting for working audio in Apex Legends 4 years in. You guys might be waiting a while lol

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
EA should release future games like this for free, then charge for the patch. That way we get a playable game we can enjoy. Do you see

BDrummer1606

Oct 27, 2017
I feel for the dev team. You know they didn't want the game to come out in this state. The blame is entirely on the publisher here. They have a special game overshadowed by corporate greed.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"In order for the team to hit the Respawn quality bar, provide the team the time they need, and achieve the level of polish our fans deserve, we have added six crucial weeks to our release schedule – Star Wars Jedi: Survivor will now launch globally on April 28th,"

This was their statement when they delayed it six weeks for a release scheduled for today. Reads so fucking funny now.

Jeez. Makes me curious just how bad it was before that delay 😬

Last edited:

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
It's weird that Sherlock Holmes: Awakening, a game developed during a literal war, had a better release than a game based one one of the largest media brands.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
I can't believe it, EA ruined their streak of good will with a bad PC port. Looks like they need at least 5 more years of GOTY contenders to make up for this.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
1. F off w/ "a % of PC players"
2. F of w/ "multithreaded chipsets intended for Windows 11 but being used w/ Windows 10".

Just take the L. You knew the game was not performing, but were overruled and forced to release it to keep the marketing and retailer schedules coordinated.

I was really looking forward to this game. I was going to buy the fancy edition for full price at launch. But now? See ya for that Black Friday sale after the next 6 months of performance patches. And if they don't get the PC version patched up? Then i guess I wait for it to hit PS Plus.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine saying at the beginning of 2023 Dead Island 2 would be the most solid PC port in the first half of the year

37-1678810258-450224196-1000x600.webp

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Press need to start calling this shit out reviews instead of giving busted games 9s.

It's a sad trend that is destroying people's confidence or for that matter any excitement or hype for a title like most that has been worked or slaved upon for years. The reaction is not fair I agree but fuck me they knew it was broken and still released it anyway. That is pure bollocks and it's got to stop, happening for practically every AAA game.

Are the subtitles readable in the game or too small/tiny I'm too scared to even check videos.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
I think we should start labeling certain press outlets and sites in Review Threads that have been shown to ignore performance as part of their review. It's insane to see review threads full of 8/10 and 9/10 and the game is a mess in terms of performance

Fuck it. Go full scorched Earth and just ban reviews from the site that have shown to ignore performance. They're a huge part of WHY these companies release this shit.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
Fallen Order was also a shitshow at launch. It looks like Respawn haven't learned their lesson.

"Fuck it just release it" indeed.