• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reviewers need to also be held accountable for also completely ignoring these issues.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
the wording on this is so funny. 100% is technically a percentage I guess...

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
If you have to apologize for the state of your 70 dollar release, you should at least be offering refunds or compensation.

Fair Trial

Jan 1, 2018
lol they are flat out lying even in the apology

The game runs like crap on every possibile hardware configuration and operative system

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Fuck it. Go full scorched Earth and just ban reviews from the site that have shown to ignore performance. They're a huge part of WHY these companies release this shit.
I agree. It's a combination of greedy corporate execs, most gaming journalists having zero back bone for calling and "hype culture" falling for marketing like they HAVE to play it day one or they are missing out.

Jedi Survivor is STILL in the top sellers on Steam and PSN despite it being well over 24 hours now that there is performance issues on ALL platforms

Oct 25, 2017
I am aware that Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a highly anticipated AAA release, a pivotal release to a percentage of EA staff, in particular those with high-end salaries or certain specific executive-level job titles.

For example, executives who employ cutting-edge strategies such as using their developers and player base as near-literal footstools, or high-end executives who laid off 200 low-end testing staff in February, also saw unexpectedly negative feedback from fans via Steam reviews and refunds. Rest assured, I am working to write my own quickly.

While there is no single, comprehensive solution for convincing me to buy this game, my team has been working on a fix I believe will convince me to buy it for one configuration. I am committed to buying this game eventually, but each discount will require significant thought to ensure I don't forgive too many problems. Thanks for understanding and apologies to any AAA publishers for experiencing this issue. I will continue to monitor performance across all platforms and share when I plan on purchasing this game as soon as that information is available (Update: it will be when the game is $20, in a figurative bargain bin, because fuck this).

Love,
Me

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Not only is that not an apology, they are pretty much outright blaming the customers' hardware for the issues.
Honestly people need to start holding the reviewers accountable too, across all platforms, because console issues also get brushed under the rug too often too. Reviewers are entitled to believe that these performance issues don't impact the game significantly to decrease their scores, but reviewers and us consumers too often signal that this is all fine, and we're free to feed back that the reviews these publications put out aren't valuable if they're ignoring or downplaying this stuff.
Fuckin' A. I'm tired of these things being brushed over.

Last edited:

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
An embarrassingly tone-deaf response especially considering the state of Fallen Order which is still plagued with frame-pacing issues to this day.

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I've played about 4 hours over a couple of days on PS5 and not had any issues to speak of yet.

...looking at Twitter it seems I'm pretty darn lucky.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
Quelle surprise!

They knew what they were releasing, and just decided to "patch it later", the reviews won't care.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
were-sorry-tony-hayward.gif

GrazGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I know my silent protest will mean sod all in the grand scheme, but as a Series X and PS5 owner, and despite how excited I was for this game, fuck EA and Disney for pushing this out like this on PC, I will wait for a sale now instead of day 1 as I intended. I ain't supporting this shit.

dose

Oct 29, 2017
Just one more example of why you should never preorder, and never buy on release day, it's really not worth it. It's easy to wait a while until a game runs well. Maybe, just maybe, that'll make publishers realise that they can't release half-arsed games that run like dogshit.

Sha_96

Jan 22, 2019
PC gamer mentioned that this is the 6th AAA title on PC to have a shit launch state, this is unacceptable and companies can't keep getting away with this

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
We are aware that Star Wars Jedi: Survivor isn't performing to our standards for a percentage of our PC players, in particular those with high-end machines or certain specific configurations.

For example, players using cutting-edge, multi-threaded chipsets designed for Windows 11 were encountering problems on Windows 10, or high-end GPUs coupled with lower-performing CPUs also saw unexpected frame loss. Rest assured, we are working to address these cases quickly.

While there is no single, comprehensive solution for PC performance, the team has been working on fixes we believe will improve performance across a spectrum of configurations. We are committed to fixing these issues as soon as possible, but each patch requires significant testing to ensure we don't introduce new problems. Thanks for understanding and apologies to any of our players experiencing these issues. We will continue to monitor performance across all platforms and share update timing as soon as it is available.
Sounds like before launch they were not committed to fixing these issues as soon as possible. Judging by their current inability to provide a time estimate, they possibly opted not to even look into how long it would take to test common scenarios like "players using cutting-edge, multi-threaded chipsets designed for Windows 11 on Windows 10" or "high-end GPUs coupled with lower-performing CPUs" before they released the game.

What I'm understanding is that they knowingly and purposely sold people a product they hadn't sufficiently tested and that turned out to not be working as intended. And now they're expecting people to be cool with that because they said "whoopsie!"

They're probably right. People gonna continue pre-ordering and day oneing.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I remember my appreciation for Fallen Order falling like a brick after having so many issues, glitches on xbox one. Now the sequel is not any better? That's gonna be a rent for me

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Maybe Steam can add an visual indicator on the games storepage where players rate how well optimized it is. This way you can divorce reviews and performance more easily.

Comet

Oct 27, 2017
I need to come up with a list of everyone who reviewed this game on PC and gave it a high score. Need to know who to ignore.

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
What's crazy is how much worse the game apparently ran while people were reviewing it compared to how it runs today.

Deleted member 50735

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 10, 2018
This apology, after knowing full well what they were doing by releasing it in this state. Is bad in itself and is just companies knowing what they can get away with. But what I'm more disappointed by. Is some of the media coverage that gave this a 9 out of 10, but to even now saying the game is fine just with some minor issues. Whilst at the same time covering the news story that EA have said this will be fixed over weeks worth of patches. Do you all see right there? How can these be minor issues if its going to take weeks to fix!?! And if they are so minor why are EA busy peddling reassurance messaging..... *sigh*

One could almost get quite cynical at this point. Thank goodness for gamers feedback keeping it all real.

Yoss

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Nothing will change until people stop pre-ordering games and buying games day 1 regardless of the state. Until they start losing money they have no reason to change.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
How about "good game but runs like shit, therefore 6/10" like I mean performance is damn near the only objective thing you can actually judge a game on and yet I'm still seeing 8s and 9s.
"Runs like shit, 6/10" can still be done
I guess, but people only really look at the number in reviews. This would also help in highlighting performance visibility, what if the game runs bad but its so good most people forgive it (like elden ring). A separate performance metric could show the game is good and runs like shit in these cases where you would only see the good reviews. A big performance score in the store page of every game is going to keep devs more careful on what they ship too.

Comet

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing will change until people stop pre-ordering games and buying games day 1 regardless of the state. Until they start losing money they have no reason to change.
Which is ridiculous because instead of me giving them $70 on day one (which I wanted so badly to do), instead I'll end up getting this once it's ironed out likely on some sale for $30-40 later this year.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
These kinds of releases do genuine damage to reputation and sales through WoM. I don't understand why they aren't delayed

That's my sentiment I brought up in another thread. Like with Cyberpunk, it was panned for performance issues and got massive bad press because of that. At the time I still played it anyways and finished it and knew that down the road it would be considered a 'modern classic' which turned out to be the case with later 'Cyberpunk is actually great now' articles later, and the sale surges.

Basically I am picturing the same for this game. I am a big SW fan and loved the first game, I managed to get Survivor for free (AMD) and judging by the reviews that are more solely about the story (heartfelt, emotional, etc) and gameplay mechanics, it reads like there is modern gem for a SW game in there somewhere past the major performance/optimization problems. So I am betting 6 months-1 year from now there will be the inevitable 'Jedi Survivor is good now, a modern classic' or 'Is Jedi Survivor actually good now?' etc.

Its a shame releases these days can not cook a bit more and not have reputation damage.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
Don't preorder. Specially if it's on PC. Don't hurt yourselves and send a message to the publishers.

wait for reviews from reputable people if performance is an issue.

But damn. EZA gave this a 9.