• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MaLDo

Oct 27, 2017
What happened to so many games. What about Callisto protocol? There was no performance related patch since december. Or the Wizard game, is Raytracing still broken and not fixed.
The problem is that you get many promises but often the devs patch just a small portion of the problems. I hope with StarWars it will be a different story.

Fallen Order was not fixed.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
speaking of EA whatever happened to Dead Space's issues? Don't think there's been a patch since Feb. Bet we get something in a week or 2 that doesnt do much and dont hear from them again

Its been abandoned but don't mention that around here people will just call you entitled. Imagine asking for a game to work correctly you paid for.

They aren't sorry they were aware the game was releasing in this state fuck em.

EA do not give a shit the game will be slightly fixed and then just straight up abandoned.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Well it's obvious why pubs keep doing it; they know they can get away with it. You can release shit shows like Anthem, Fallout 76, Cyberpunk 2077 and get widely criticized but the moment you announce your next Starfield or Witcher 4 people will have forgotten and it's hype city again.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Its been abandoned but don't mention that around here people will just call you entitled. Imagine asking for a game to work correctly you paid for.

EA do not give a shit the game will be slightly fixed and then just straight up abandoned.
What are the current issues with Dead Space? PC version only or also PS5? I still plan to buy this someday but would be nice to know which version I should aim for.
Well it's obvious why pubs keep doing it; they know they can get away with it. You can release shit shows like Anthem, Fallout 76, Cyberpunk 2077 and get widely criticized but the moment you announce your next Starfield or Witcher 4 people will have forgotten and it's hype city again.
There is enough proof that this is exactly the case. I mean, just look how awful that Witcher 3 next gen upgrade was. I also very curious about Starfield release, lol.

Diablo 4 is another interesting case just after they released Immortal. Everyone fully back on the hype train.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Where's the console apology? PS5 might be better, but the frame rate is still abysmal.
Not to mention the ugly performance mode, pop-in, slow loading textures, insane game size, broken HDR on some TVs, the collectable that is currently unobtainable, the trophy bugs and a myriad of other issues. Still waiting on that day one patch...

This shit is a mess. I can't imagine how much of a disaster the game would've been without the 6 week delay, though Stig still comes off like a complete clown in hindsight if he didn't think the game needed even more time. This game needed another couple months of polish.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
What are the current issues with Dead Space? PC version only or also PS5? I still plan to buy this someday but would be nice to know which version I should aim for.
All versions have stutter. PC versions DLSS is broken and has been known since release. Main issue is traversal stutters for consoles.

Nope. Village had its share of issues.
Yeah caused by DRM gotta love being a paying customer. Meanwhile the cracked version apparently ran smooth as butter.

Corsick

Oct 27, 2017
EA made a conscious decision to prioritize short term gain over long term health of the product, per usual. This IS their standard.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

And even as an apology letter, its actually pretty insulting. Downplaying the severity, blaming windows adoption rate, which is just pure bullshit, the game runs poorly even on modern chipsets, windows, whatever.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017

Roshin

Oct 30, 2017
Sweden
Releasing unfinished games and then fixing them with patches is bad enough, but just fixing the most glaring flaws and then oops, forget about it and move on is a worrying trend.

I had intended to buy several of these games on release (Callisto Protocol, Dead Space, The Last of Us, Returnal, Jedi Survivor), but I haven't and I just stick to playing what I already have.

discotheque

Dec 23, 2019
Release a borked PC release, write a letter apologizing that the game isn't performing well on "some" machines… This shit is just routine now

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I just don;t see the issue in delaying the PC version... It's not like this hasn't been done before and would have been the expectation in years gone by.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Like, to each their own, but people shoulda just not bought this. The person I feel most bad about is the "wow this game is good, I've managed to just deal with the issues."

I'm like, I wanna play what looks to be an awesome game when it runs nice etc…

It sucks most for the extremely hyped fans. I loved FO and the trailers really convinced me I was about to get a great looking game. I wasn't seeing super mind blowing stuff but rather a very much improved FO, so I automatically believed that performance would be rock solid. Especially as you'd think they wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

Waiting isn't really an option due to limited time, other games and plus I would probably be spoiled or hype deflated by then. Plus, it remains to be seen if the game will actually get better on pc OR consoles.

Man, I have seen people go out to buy new consoles because of this game. What a slap in the face.

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
"In order for the team to hit the Respawn quality bar, provide the team the time they need, and achieve the level of polish our fans deserve, we have added six crucial weeks to our release schedule – Star Wars Jedi: Survivor will now launch globally on April 28th,"

This was their statement when they delayed it six weeks for a release scheduled for today. Reads so fucking funny now.
Well they hit the "Respawn quality bar", it's just not a very high bar.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
I just don;t see the issue in delaying the PC version... It's not like this hasn't been done before and would have been the expectation in years gone by.
It used to happen but PC players don't like being treated as second best, just as console players wouldn't either. Also, it never guaranteed the PC version would be free of issues. It could be argued that if the publisher/developer mindset is to release a PC version later, like an afterthought then it probably won't receive the same attention as the more prioritised console versions. In this case the console versions have issues too though so delaying every version would have been a better course of action.

Rappy

Oct 28, 2017
Elden Ring is a testament you cannot trust reviewers.
You mean the game on Steam sitting at "Very Positive" with 500k reviews? Get over yourselves.
Get out of here with this shit too. It just encourages them to not care about the PC market. I don't see the issue in just not buying it then? TLOU/FF7R being a delayed version didn't do anything to improve the situation at all. I'll take the day 1 releases and tweak some settings to possibly play it in an acceptable state or have fans improve it than waiting on a later version that still has issues.

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
There must be happening conversations between hardware makers - engine makers - game studios + everyone else adjacent and in-between
right?

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
You mean the game on Steam sitting at "Very Positive" with 500k reviews? Get over yourselves.

Get out of here with this shit too. It just encourages them to not care about the PC market. I don't see the issue in just not buying it then? TLOU/FF7R being a delayed version didn't do anything to improve the situation at all. I'll take the day 1 releases and tweak some settings to possibly play it in an acceptable state or have fans improve it than waiting on a later version that still has issues.
For the record I haven't bought it and have no intention to buy it. Calm down.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
All these people mentioning Elden Ring... at no point where the performance issues of that game anywhere near as bad as some of the games we have been seeing on PC this year.

Also, lol at this apology saying "Maybe just upgrade your pc/Windows." Having Windows 11 isn't going to magically fix the issues.

Honestly, I feel they should just reimburse the people who bought it, take the game off the stores and only bring it back when it works. Clearly the game is in an almost unplayable state for a lot of people and that's simply unacceptable.

At this point the only publisher whose PC ports I trust are Capcom. Every RE engine game is just perfect day 1
This is not true. The issues are nowhere near the magnitude of Jedi Survivor/The Last of Us/Wild Hearts, but they're there. Village had issues and RE4 Remake also has issues. On my machine that should easily be able to handle RTX, I can't turn it on without the game constantly crashing.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Elden Ring had some serious stuttering issues at launch though. Even now, the game would randomly lock up for 2-3 seconds and I'm running it on beefy hardware. Fortunately they've patched it so that it doesn't happen often, but at launch the game was very rough.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
It was mixed at release because of the issues. Steam reviews are still one of the best metric when it comes to ratings imho, because only people who bought the game can give a review.
I completely agree with this. No user review system is without their flaws, but I actually do browse the steam reviews rather than completely ignoring them like metacritics sea of 1's and 10's

Killer

Oct 27, 2017
Inadequate delay -> Unoptimized game launch -> Good critical reception -> Gamers fall for it -> Runs like shit -> Gamers mad -> Developer apology letter

star-wars-circle-is-now-complete.gif
This post deserves more love.LOL

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
No, I don't think I will, as long there are enablers to this kind of bullshit like you, ER on release ran like shit with constant stuttering on everything but a PS4.
The problems with Elden Ring absolutely were not as widespread as the issues we are seeing now. For a lot of people Elden Ring was performing fine. I played Elden Ring almost non-stop at release and encountered very few issues. Now, I did just upgrade my entire PC before Elden Ring came out, so I'm aware my situation might not represent the general consumer experience, but it does point that the problems weren't there for every user.

And I don't think Elden Ring ever had "mostly negative" or even "mixed" ratings on Steam. I remember some people on here talking about lackluster experience, but clearly a lot of people were playing the game without major issues.

Meanwhile, now we get all kinds of games on PC that just objectively run terrible for everyone. Jedi Survivor doesn't care what kind of machine you have, it will run badly whether you have a machine of a few years old or the absolute best money can buy.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Elden Ring had some serious stuttering issues at launch though. Even now, the game would randomly lock up for 2-3 seconds and I'm running it on beefy hardware. Fortunately they've patched it so that it doesn't happen often, but at launch the game was very rough.
Which is the proof publishers need to keep doing this, gamers will forgive as long as the game is good and "patched" at some point in the future.
Elden Ring's issues were nowhere near as bad as Jedi Survivor's.
I didnt have Elden Ring on PC but I heard that version was absolutely horrendus at launch, with the game completely hanging for full seconds on boss fights. Idk if that could be classified as a better release.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
PC gamers have been having it pretty rough with botched launches lately, but in the case of Jedi Survivor, it absolutely is not just a PC issue.

The game quite clearly got rushed through the optimisation process, what with its massive file size and persistent performance issues on all platforms. That they had this statement written and ready to go on launch day just goes to show that they knew they were launching in rough shape too. That respawn boasted about the game's quick development cycle, while launching in this state, is absolutely crazy to me.

WackoWambo

Jan 11, 2018
At some point you think AMD and Nvidia would be begging developers to optimize for PC.

I have many friends who are holding off buying a new pc because most new AAA games are busted at launch.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
I vote they change their name from Electronic Arts to Early Access, they can keep their logo and everything, easy and expectations are set. Hell they even usually put the games on sale like 30-40% off after bugs are addressed a few months after release anyways.. this all makes a lot of sense.
It also makes me wonder if Disney wanted this out the door. EA has been pretty good (not perfect) about getting titles out in a decent state the last couple of years, especially on their single player side.
they (management) knowingly released a broken game and charging 70 fucking euros for it. corporate bs apology that is barely worth wiping your ass with. they couldn't even bother taking it off sale. lol
But EA wants money now
EA should release future games like this for free, then charge for the patch. That way we get a playable game we can enjoy. Do you see
I can't believe it, EA ruined their streak of good will with a bad PC port. Looks like they need at least 5 more years of GOTY contenders to make up for this.

I'm not a big fan of EA either but when Respawn was asked about "how much time they need?" (by EA executives) he (Stig Asmussen) replied with "Just 6 weeks".

View: https://youtu.be/U36ly0ExZ5k?t=378

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
I didnt have Elden Ring on PC but I heard that version was absolutely horrendus at launch, with the game completely hanging for full seconds on boss fights. Idk if that could be classified as a better release.
Don't want to sound dismissive of the experience of other players, but I played that on my RX 580, and i5-7500 before finally upgrading, and apart from minor stuttering which went away after a few hours of play, I didn't run into any major issues. Zero bugs too in my experience.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
All these people mentioning Elden Ring... at no point where the performance issues of that game anywhere near as bad as some of the games we have been seeing on PC this year.
I had roughly the same performance in Elden Ring that I had in both Dead Space and TLOU, that being mostly 60fps but with traversal stutter. Granted, I needed to lower settings to achieve that performance in the latter two games but a similarly playable experience was possible. My biggest issue with ER (on the technical side) was how it lacks some of the basics we take for granted in a PC game. Namely the (still) broken mouse sensitivity and no ultrawide support. It was the only game I bought last year that didn't have ultrawide support. The 60fps cap is ridiculous too though that didn't impact me. It felt like a console game, which isn't a terrible thing in itself but, what, five games released on PC over a period of 10 years? FromSoftware should be doing better at this point.

Rappy

Oct 28, 2017
No, I don't think I will, as long there are enablers to this kind of bullshit like you, ER on release ran like shit with constant stuttering on everything but a PS4.
The kind of bullshit called actually reading or listening to reviews? Plenty of reviewers mentioned performance issues and you need the understanding that people can enjoy the games even with issues. But nah, they're all a bunch of liars right?
It was mixed at release because of the issues. Steam reviews are still one of the best metric when it comes to ratings imho, because only people who bought the game can give a review.
And the issues were never really fixed to this day and sitting at "Very Positive". The patches were not really stuttering fixes from what I saw and having the shaders compiled was what really alleviated it. For me, the game ran and looked better than any other version for 99% of the game. The 1% is obviously the optional Tree Sentinel at the beginning(which is the main thing that left people with a bad first impression) and possibly sprinting through a brand new area for the first time.
Show me a video of this. It was not "absolutely horrendous", but it definitely had issues. This just sounds like an exaggeration and hearsay. And even if it did happen, it would likely be a very rare case.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
The issues weren't as widespread as the issues we see on Jedi Survivor, The Last of Us, etc.

It absolutely sucked that people were running in those kind of performance issues at launch, but a lot of people also weren't. Like I said in my above post, I played the "horrendous" launch version of Elden Ring on PC and ran into zero big issues (just the occasional small stutter, no freezing or crashing).

Now we're just getting games that are essentially broken on PC for every user. Like, almost nobody playing Jedi Survivor or The Last of Us is having a good experience. You have reviewers playing on PC saying that they don't recommend people playing the game because of the issues. Before, I've only ever seen that happen with the notorious worst of the worst of PC ports (Dark Souls 1, Arkham Knight) and now it's a common occurrence.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Really hope there will be repercussions. This is all corporate speech
Short of people mass refunding the game, I doubt EA gives a shit once they have your money. I remember people thinking their would be a reckoning after Cyberpunk, but instead we just saw yet another developer ride out the bad PR while everyone moved onto the next hotness.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
At some point it's the players fault for buying games and making the cycle feasible.

No way I was gonna get this game 144GBs? Kick rocks

Striferser

Oct 28, 2017
The kind of bullshit called actually reading or listening to reviews? Plenty of reviewers mentioned performance issues and you need the understanding that people can enjoy the games even with issues. But nah, they're all a bunch of liars right?

And the issues were never really fixed to this day and sitting at "Very Positive". The patches were not really stuttering fixes from what I saw and having the shaders compiled was what really alleviated it. For me, the game ran and looked better than any other version for 99% of the game. The 1% is obviously the optional Tree Sentinel at the beginning(which is the main thing that left people with a bad first impression) and possibly sprinting through a brand new area for the first time.

Show me a video of this. It was not "absolutely horrendous", but it definitely had issues. This just sounds like an exaggeration and hearsay. And even if it did happen, it would likely be a very rare case.

Elden ring was pretty bad at launch, not to mention there's several side quest that can't be completed.

Though for elden ring, i think the issue was not as widespread as Jedi survivor and player base a lot more "understanding" with from software technical issue