• it looks...like a hand...

Votes: 138 34.6%
  • too real D:

Votes: 61 15.3%

• Total voters

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Love that one.

ea-news-frostbite-rebrand-article-frostbite-logo-refracted-preview.png.adapt.1920w.png

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
They should show an actual human hand, ravaged and blackened by frostbite, missing fingers and all. Cowards.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I think the new logo is a hint towards gradient shadows and lighting, probably to hint towards more advanced graphics capabilities.

pksu

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
They are still pushing frostbite across their studios?
Not really https://www.gamesindustry.biz/why-does-eas-internal-engine-frostbite-have-a-public-facing-brand

He adds, "We don't aspire today to be the engine for everyone. There was definitely a period of time where we had a 'one engine' strategy where we were very intentionally trying to get all of EA's games onto one engine. We are not doing that today. What we're trying to do is make it the best engine for the games that are using it."

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
I didn't realise the logo was a hand until now… guess the new one is doing something right!

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I don't see how this is in any way better. A hand was never a very unique logo to go with, but they somehow went with the most generic representation possible.

Don't really care about the logo, but wonder if this is to coincide with a major upgrade to the engine?

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
They're all quite meh, imo. "Frostbite" is such a rad name and the idea of a shattering hand is brilliant; but I find none of the designs really utilized it fully and they all look like a first draft ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's kind of cool how 'creepy' the new design looks. But if I had to pick the 2013 is the best.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
New design is pretty neat to me and I appreciate their reasoning behind it.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
contour map
directional derivative
pressure

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
I was kinda ehh on it but then I read the EA article and it perfectly explains the genius behind it

Constructed from consecutive, overlapping layers, our new handprint embodies how our teams build upon each other's strengths, reaching beyond what is possible when they work alone. Each layer, like each piece of Frostbite technology, is both an innovation and a foundation, enabling the layer above it and building toward a cohesive whole.

The sharp, cutting edges of previous handprints have also been smoothed out, creating more fluid shapes. This reflects our commitment to addressing Frostbite's rougher edges, creating a smoother experience for both creators and players.
LOLOLOL I always love this eye rolling shit.

Sure Jan, I'm getting all that from that low effort blob logo.

The new one loses all association to the word Frost. Or Bite, for that matter.

Would be appropriate if they changed the name to HandBlob.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Meh. Good thing I'll only have to look at it for a couple of seconds (unless I can use a mod to skip in which case I never will).

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
2008 is still the best (besides whatever is going on with that pinky), but holy hell this new one is so much better than that awful 2013 eyesore we've had to look at for a decade.

AllBizness

Mar 22, 2020
Nothing against the Frostbite engine but I'm sick of EA marketing their engine like it's a game and as if they haven't launched any broken games on this engine, as if Dice intended this engine to be used outside of Battlefield/fps games.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Would've preferred they moved away from the whole hand imagery but they went even more realistic