• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

how do you like it?

• honestly, the BTs from Death Stranding should sue

Votes: 99 24.8%
  • Engines and their fetishes with hands

Votes: 29 7.3%
  • WILSOOOOOON

Votes: 72 18.0%
  • it looks...like a hand...

Votes: 138 34.6%
  • too real D:

Votes: 61 15.3%

• Total voters

ShinkuTachi

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 29, 2017
They're certainly staying on brand, lol

I like any thing topographic.

The treatments with games in the palm look nice too.

ea-news-frostbite-rebrand-article-frostbite-logo-refracted-preview.png.adapt.768w.png

okay, this is fkin cool

Last edited:

MaLDo

Oct 27, 2017
Looks good, though 2013's was the best of the old style.

artworks-000162749951-3ptdeo-t500x500.jpg

Yes but if a studio wants to use a different one, they can. Results have been good so far though.

Results:

It takes two UE with stutters
Dead Space Remake Frostbite with stutters
Wild Hearts Katana Engine with stutters
Immortals of Aveum UE with traversal stutters
Jedi Survivor UE with stutters
WRC UE with stutters

You can't be serious, right?

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Results:

WRC UE with stutters

You're talking like if they used another engine those games wouldn't have had stutters.

When maybe the problem is not engines, but graphic APIs or how devs struggle with them.

MaLDo

Oct 27, 2017
You're talking like if they used another engine those games wouldn't have had stutters.

When maybe the problem is not engines, but graphic APIs or how devs struggle with them.

I'm only saying that the sentence "results have been good so far" is not true. EA devs are showing in every game that they don't know how to polish the technical part of games no matter the Engine, the budget or the development time. My logical conclusion is that EA as a whole doesn't give a shit about technical problems.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Results:

WRC UE with stutters

Only one of those games is FB and that is what I meant. You are also listing a bunch of studios that are not owned by EA and would not have control over what they use.

UAZ-469

Dec 12, 2023
Gratuitous change for the worse. Wonder who gets paid to waste time on this. And does anyone on either side of that artistic explanation actually believe any of that or is it understood as a dumb formality on all sides? So much wasted time here.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Gratuitous change for the worse. Wonder who gets paid to waste time on this. And does anyone on either side of that artistic explanation actually believe any of that or is it understood as a dumb formality on all sides? So much wasted time here.
I've known graphic designers who would wax poetic about why they shaped a button a certain way. I'm not trying to mock them either, I appreciated how much they cared about something that to me seemed so mundane.

UAZ-469

Dec 12, 2023
I've known graphic designers who would wax poetic about why they shaped a button a certain way. I'm not trying to mock them either, I appreciated how much they cared about something that to me seemed so mundane.

I'm not blanket dismissing any deeper explanation of a design, just this one. There's no chance of this engine being adopted outside of EA, so advertising its features like this is pointless. It feels like someone somewhere didn't have enough actual work to do (not the artists but whoever decided a redesign was necessary).