• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
There were long periods of Ben talking during the post show it wasn't on. It came on for a sec there but then inexplicably it's right back off. Either keep the small cam on all the time or switch to full screen salad cam when Ben is talking.

Really hope they have a patreon pitch video to play in between conferences in the coming days. Seriously, promote your shit guys. I checked out KF stream just to see their setup (which was very nice) and Greg was in full sales pitch mode for KF. Not a single sentence about their stuff on EZA.

Edit: Don't think the world Patreon was uttered a single time that whole stream. Baffling.
Yea its crazy how they barely promote themselves. It could really help them reach that studio goal if they talked about their stuff.

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, that came off harsher towards Damiani than I meant it. He's doing a fine job by all means. :)
I guess I was expecting a better presentation this year. I mean outside of graphics, it still largely looks the same which is fine I guess.

Not a huge deal because I still get to see and hear the Allies which is the whole point. :)
Yea but to be fair the image quality and sound are much nicer this year. Only thing missing was that sexy camera angles they started using in the podcasts, but I dont even know if it would work with this 5 men setup thay have for E3.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any idea what leak Damiani was talking about at the end of the stream?

Murasaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Deep North
Watching the stream - and more generally - the new lighting and cameras makes me think the gang should look more closely into makeup. Absolutely not a criticism or insult - nothing more than some powder needed, I think.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Man bought an xbox one X. Initial impressions, this update is painfully slow. I dont remember the ps4 pro setup taking nearly this long. System is quiet as a mouse though!

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
About Huber's PVP thing: I never got the impression people cared much about the PVP modes in games like Destiny/Warframe.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Bit late to reply, but does that mean every ally sbpuld be on every podcast then, as that's what we pay for?

He was working for Keighley last year as well and missed stuff.

The patreon doesn't pay them all a living wage, and big events are going to be when people can make more money.

There's enough allies to cover any missing people.

Alternatively buy out/ get bought by Keighley. Turn into a super channel. All the connections, all the videos and all the back door shady deals.

what on earth are you even talking about and what does it have to do with my comment? which was: IF Kyle were around to give impressions on a hypothetical Pokemon demo at this year's E3, I would want him to actually give impressions, not simply mock others for enjoying the gimmicks and say nothing about gameplay as someone else suggested.

if you had read on through more comments you would have seen me stating that I don't mind at all about him working for Keighley, just the method of communicating it was poor.

noah rayne

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Watching the stream - and more generally - the new lighting and cameras makes me think the gang should look more closely into makeup. Absolutely not a criticism or insult - nothing more than some powder needed, I think.
Maybe a little concealer under the eyes and some setting powder, yeah. :P

Also it kinda..... really blows that they didn't plug Patreon once that whole time, not even at the end. They peaked at 15k viewers, which is INSANITY (smashing their past records by 5k) and judging from chat it seemed like a huge amount of newcomers. They would've seriously benefited from even a brief explanation of what Easy Allies is about. I'm sure they'll do that for the bigger conferences but jeez.... I wish they'd ham it up a little.

Remember Me

Apr 3, 2018
Spain
Really hope they have a patreon pitch video to play in between conferences in the coming days. Seriously, promote your shit guys. I checked out KF stream just to see their setup (which was very nice) and Greg was in full sales pitch mode for KF. Not a single sentence about their stuff on EZA.

Edit: Don't think the world Patreon was uttered a single time that whole stream. Baffling.

I agree. I don't get why they don't get advantage (just a little) to promote (even only once) their Patreon, or just to remind people how they're funded, and there's free space at the bottom left of the screen (while they're streaming) to show a simple (but, I think, necessary) "Support us at Patreon.com/EasyAllies", that wouldn't be intrusive. I don't know how harmful could it be and why they haven't done it.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Maybe a little concealer under the eyes and some setting powder, yeah. :P

Also it kinda..... really blows that they didn't plug Patreon once that whole time, not even at the end. They peaked at 15k viewers, which is INSANITY (smashing their past records by 5k) and judging from chat it seemed like a huge amount of newcomers. They would've seriously benefited from even a brief explanation of what Easy Allies is about. I'm sure they'll do that for the bigger conferences but jeez.... I wish they'd ham it up a little.

Mhmm.

I almost lost it when the slight nudge was made for Kyle to thank the people that contributed for the graphics & all that jazz. Would've been a perfect opportunity there to shill.

emb

Oct 28, 2017
Just got to check out Game Sleuth. Love what they did with the episode!
Hope they get to do more where they talk to primary sources.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Kyle bosman: hates plugging the patreon so he doesnt do it often, not even during E3 then they have 15 viewers.

Also kyle bosman: has to take other jobs because his main job doesnt provide enough income.

*thinking emoji*

Jk but not jk

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
In other news Ben confirms on twitter early access frame trap is planned to go up tonight

Hey, that's something, glad I can get it out of the way before E3 really kicks off. That makes it sound like it's a chore, which it's not, I'm just gonna have a hard time going back to pre-E3 stuff once E3 has already gotten started in earnest.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
Not seeing the EZA EA reactions on my YouTube feed yet. Kinda Funny got theirs up within minutes of it finishing - probably an idea to get those up ASAP to drive views while it's still relevant?

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Kyle bosman: hates plugging the patreon so he doesnt do it often, not even during E3 then they have 15 viewers.

Also kyle bosman: has to take other jobs because his main job doesnt provide enough income.

*thinking emoji*

Jk but not jk

hey now, Kyle loves to advertise the.............. hydrobot

jk but I do think we need to do away with the idea that it's too gauche or off-putting to plug patreon. People are absolutely inundated with ads every single day - outside, at home, or online - they can deal with it. But it's over 2 years and we're still having this conversation about self-promotion lmao :(

Oct 25, 2017
I think them not plugging Patreon was an accidental oversight that will probably be corrected. Another in a series of first stream of E3 hiccups. It's fine. If they don't do it tomorrow, then we should worry.

Deleted member 42164

User requested account closure
Apr 15, 2018
Yes but in all these great graphics that they had made for them, not one includes the 'support us on Patreon.com/EasyAllies'
Well, they do have exactly that on the interlude graphic (beginning of the EA reactions video).
But they should probably also add it to the regular layout in some capacity. Or make it a popup like they do for the sponsor.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I thought they killed it this morning. They miraculously made that EA monstrosity bearable which is quite the feat. I think the only thing that bothered me today was the lack of symmetry on the bottom of the screen. I think all they have to do is add a block with their Patreon and any other info in the lower left hand corner and everything would have been ideal. And about the lack of plugs, hah, I mean we are over two years in and I think we need to come to accept that they are notoriously awful at promoting themselves. Still, it was awesome to see 15k in their room and only very minor technical difficulties throughout the day. This is going to be a huge week for them.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
I do think it'd be good to have a patreon plug video in between their segments tomorrow and Monday. But even so they have gained around 30 new patrons today. That's not too shabby.

They could hit $48k this month.

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has already been covered (but I haven't seen anything on it) – Kyle won't be there for the Xbox and Bethesda conferences – who will be moderating?

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they would consider a different angle for the side cam? Ideally a straight-on view with one of the Black Magic minis would be cool, but I imagine it would block the main camera. The lav mics could use a bit of an adjustment tomorrow, but overall that was a great production. Tomorrow the real show begins!

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I wonder if they would consider a different angle for the side cam? Ideally a straight-on view with one of the Black Magic minis would be cool, but I imagine it would block the main camera. The lav mics could use a bit of an adjustment tomorrow, but overall that was a great production. Tomorrow the real show begins!

I'm sure we'll get some minor tweaks after some comments have been passed through (or read from here & elsewhere).

GAH, so excited for tomorrow! Just like Christmas.

Szeth

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Damiani shuts off the side cam because he doesn't want to be on camera. Would really prefer if there was one set on whoever else is there that can be on the whole time.

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
The Allies were into Devolver for the first bit... Then the show kept doing the same fucking thing over and over ... jesus Christ we get it devolver, show your games (which are good!)

Remember Me

Apr 3, 2018
Spain
There's a new Frame Trap sponsor maybe? On their Ptreon site, now it says 6 of 7, and I'd say before it was 5 of 7, also the earnings have risen as if there was a new FT sponsor. So, if I'm not wrong, really good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.