Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Hey, everyone. Two E3 conferences today. Group hug. That's right, bring it in.

tenor.gif

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo, that game looks legit scary for me. As someone who drives down a lonely dark road to work around 4:30 AM this scenario is a funny thought that runs through my head a lot.

Yeah it looks really intense (and I say that as someone who doesn't have to drive down dark lonely roads!). That's what makes it a fun watch, though. I liked that other one they played together on Easy Update before, too. The best Easy Updates are usually the ones where Ian is just hanging out or talking to another ally imo.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Damiani shuts off the side cam because he doesn't want to be on camera. Would really prefer if there was one set on whoever else is there that can be on the whole time.
He doesn't want to show off his fancy salads. Or his lean back naps!

I think they will this year. If they show a game (metal wolf?) between the skits they could have a great show.
They confirmed at least 3 games will be shown "in depth", including a reveal.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
So for some reason I can't talk in twitch chat? I thought maybe they are in subscriber only mode but I'm subbed on twitch. The submit button is just grayed out.

Edit: nvm

Xbox hype time baby!

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
Max hosting EZA is pretty classy. I think Damiani was roommates with Simmons back in the day or something, so I think they know each other...at least, I know I've seen Damiani on one of Max's streams before.

Anni

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
i guess i can thank devolver for making me realise the allies are really uptight?

i mean i don't actually feel that strongly about it.. i've just gotten into them the past year and really enjoy their work (and will continue to), but their stubbornness over the conference seems out of character to me.

Deleted member 42164

Apr 15, 2018
i guess i can thank devolver for making me realise the allies are really uptight?

i mean i don't actually feel that strongly about it.. i've just gotten into them the past year and really enjoy their work (and will continue to), but their stubbornness over the conference seems out of character to me.
The whole point of the Devolver press conference is to be a giant compilation of jokes and trailers.
They did watch the trailers and they do not enjoy the jokes. What more do you want them to do?

Oct 26, 2017

It's not a conference though.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017

They wanted to talk about the previous conference rather than go straight into a joke conference. Seems fine?

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

I think if Devolver was scheduled far enough away enough from Bethesda they would cover it. Them switching between the Bethesda post-show and the Devolver trailers feels really, really disjointed and messes up the flow of conversation.

Edit: whoops, other people covered it.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Eh, I watched the devolver conference, it was pretty bad. Nearly all of the jokes fell completely flat for me. The three games seemed ok at best. Not worth taking time away from covering something they want to talk about instead of cover something like the devolver video.

Anni

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
It's not a conference though.
They wanted to talk about the previous conference rather than go straight into a joke conference. Seems fine?
I think if Devolver was scheduled far enough away enough from Bethesda they would cover it. Them switching between the Bethesda post-show and the Devolver trailers feels really, really disjointed and messes up the flow of conversation.
Makes sense. I joined mid stream and saw them fading out everything except the trailers and it seemed like they were throwing major shade. However I didn't realise the schedule conflicted with their post-discussion, I don't follow Bethesda at all. I can accept scheduling conflicts as the official reason :P

Not worth taking time away from covering something they want to talk about instead of cover something like the devolver video.
Yeah, I'm glad they keep true to themselves at the end of the day.

Oct 26, 2017
Eh, I watched the devolver conference, it was pretty bad. Nearly all of the jokes fell completely flat for me. The three games seemed ok at best. Not worth taking time away from covering something they want to talk about instead of cover something like the devolver video.

I felt the lootbox joke was satirizing something that has already been course corrected, and did jif vs gif joke. Though I guess they metaphorically killed the latter joke.

Whatever, it was way better than last year. I just don't know why people care so much that EVERYONE must watch it and enjoy it or they are uptight/prententious.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I felt the lootbox joke was satirizing something that has already been course corrected, and did jif vs gif joke. Though I guess they metaphorically killed the latter joke.

Whatever, it was way better than last year. I just don't know why people care so much that EVERYONE must watch it and enjoy it or they are uptight/prententious.

In what world have lootboxes been course corrected? lol

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Anyone got the video of kyle playing spyro?

I think it's somewhere in this giant video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JfohG5a8y8

I just spent like 15 minutes trying to find it and I'm too frustrated so I give up

I don't have a time stamp (looks like the whole video isn't available yet) but I remember Kyle's Spyro gameplay was, according to Geoff, the end of "Hour 4." Once YouTube is finished processing the video it should be around the 4:45:00-5:00:00 mark (unless the video had a bunch of dead air in front, then you're on your own).

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like it was in the first half of the video but it's only showing the last 4 hours, oh well :(

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Looks like it was in the first half of the video but it's only showing the last 4 hours, oh well :(
The same thing happens on Cup of Jones shortly after the episodes end, you just have to wait for the whole video to be processed. It'll probably be up there later tonight or tomorrow.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We just had a major game announced by saying it will not have lootboxes (Anthem). Most games have gone strictly cosmetic if they do have them.

I'm trying to think about a recent game that has had lootboxes? Maybe I'm wrong and am missing something?

Lots of current and new games will have lootboxes. And lots of current and new games have multiple currency systems. Don't let EA fool you.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Is Kyle doing any more stuff for YouTube Gaming for the rest of E3?

(The answer's probably yes, but I just wanted to make sure...)

Oct 25, 2017

They want to talk about Bethesda and they know Devolver was just a joke.

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
Hahaha why is he apologizing? haha he didn't play that bad, it was funny tho, and if somebody gets mad about how somebody else plays a game then that person has issues.

Oct 25, 2017
Weird to see a genuinely sincere Bosman (even if it is only in a reddit post). No hint of trolling, irony, bits or anything. Just a 100% sincere apology.

Status
Not open for further replies.