• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
SMH...that capture setup sounds dumb. Why wouldn't you just use an HDMI splitter with one side going directly to the TV and the other going to the control room?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Are we going to need another thread?
Edit: My bad I thought this was the E3 thread lol. Thought it was weird it was already at 300+ pages lol

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Are we going to need another thread?
Edit: My bad I thought this was the E3 thread lol. Thought it was weird it was already at 300+ pages lol
Hah I sympathize. Between this thread, the betting special thread, and the main E3 thread, I've definitely been confused a bunch of times about where I actually am.

Szeth

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be nice if at the top of the day they explain where every ally is. As soon as the cam comes on you know a lot of people are wondering where the others are. Especially when it's Ben and Huber MIA for Square!

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to say I appreciate all you EZA fans in this thread. Checking in on chat every now and then during E3 has really put me off.

If I see someone in there say 'triggered' one more time...

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I could tell Spyro was input lag by the way he would rotate the camera while he wasn't moving. Telltale sign of input lag.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Lol that was cool. What if the guy is an EZA fan and put that in last minute lol
Nah, I have seen him before. I have watched quite a bit of the Professor FatShady videos before (as I have played quite a bit of trials and I enjoyed his content). He made a video/did interviews at redlynx a couple of times and they are all somewhat crazy at that studio (in a good way).
The guy that crashed on stage is one of founders of redlynx and in every video I saw him, he always comes over as a funny/crazy guy.

This is just who he is.

edit:
One of the videos where he vists redlynx (you can click around a bit to find the studio content):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDb_0qn4qHs

Last edited:

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Don't want to re-ignite this discussion at all (Spyro pun intented), quite the opposite, but I felt I should retract an opinion I had last week. When I learned Kyle would be going off to the other Youtube channel for a few conferences, I thought that it was a questionable move because it could cannibalize on the views for EZA. I think I was on a negative stand-point in life in general, and regret voicing that opinion very much (especially thinking that the Allies visit this forum).

I think people should follow the opportunities that are presented to them and just be happy. I support the group because I enjoy their content, and that very much includes Kyle's. Ultimately I hope they stay inspired, engaged and pursuing the things they want to do, and don't feel bound or stuck, because fans will throw hate any time they diverge from the expectations. I myself am always open to other experiences professionally and in life and I am at my best when I have that variety but also the support of those around me (and if I had fans, I'm sure I'd appreciate support from them too).

Following along the Sony conference with the Allies was a joy, keep it up - I hope Nintendo delivers!

hotcyder

Oct 28, 2017
ezgif-4-dc803a1abf.gif

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it would have been nice to have Bosman on all the EZA stuff, but tbh having him on such a big stage is more likely to boost EZA's audience rather than harm them.

I bet he was very excited to be the first person to ever play Spyro in the view of the general public. Shame he's a scrub complaining about "input lag" and "bad hit detection".

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Great gif. I was so locked in on TLOu2 I missed their reactions.

Edit: oh it was fake, that's why I dont remember it

Last edited:

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Allies my heart is just beaming from Fire Emblem Three Houses. Just dreaming of all the possible changes that could happen to change up the strategic gameplay.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It might just be me, but when I search many of the major games (like RE2, TLOU2, RE5 Edit: DMC5 whoops) in Youtube (incognito mode), I see the Allies' reaction videos pretty high up (within 5-10 videos from the top). Pretty cool.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It might just be me, but when I search many of the major games (like RE2, TLOU2, RE5) in Youtube (incognito mode), I see the Allies' reaction videos pretty high up (within 5-10 videos from the top). Pretty cool.
Not just you. Also: while searching for RE2 reactions, I saw that their RE7 reaction has half a million views which is pretty cool. Took two years, but still!

Nav

Oct 27, 2017
What's going on with Twitch? I keep getting a RE2 stream but I think it's time for gameplay impressions in my local timezone.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
These transitions are taking a noticeably long time... is this from the new mics, or ???

tbh, I prefer the older setup if it leads to a cleaner show

Szeth

Oct 25, 2017
These transitions are taking a noticeably long time... is this from the new mics, or ???

tbh, I prefer the older setup if it leads to a cleaner show
I thought they'd switch to the desk mics for these discussions for easier swaps as they would do it on the fly a lot to get someone in on a game the last 2 years and was worried the lav mics would change the dynamic and it ended up even worse than I thought :(

Deleted member 42164

User requested account closure
Apr 15, 2018
I thought they'd switch to the desk mics for these discussions for easier swaps as they would do it on the fly a lot the last 2 years and was worried the lav mics would change the dynamic and it ended up even worse than I thought :(
The lav mics are not really the main problem. Those could just be switched off, everyone changes position, and switched back on again.
The main problem is cutting away any setup or discussions outside the "main" content.

Szeth

Oct 25, 2017
The lav mics are not really the main problem. Those could just be switched off, everyone changes position, and switched back on again.
The main problem is cutting away any setup or discussions outside the "main" content.
You're right they could still keep the cam live while they swap but I think the lav mics are the main catalyst for the decision to cut away since they mute everything to stop the mic noise, so we probably couldn't hear their banter anyway, hence cutting away.

Really hope they go back to desk mics and not muting or cutting away. Give us a reason to stay up late to hang out live and bring back that EZA vibe/charm. Bloodworth I'm beggin man.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
You're right they could still keep the cam live while they swap but I think the lav mics are the main catalyst for the decision to cut away since they mute everything to stop the mic noise, so we probably couldn't hear their banter anyway, hence cutting away.

Really hope they go back to desk mics and not muting or cutting away. Give us a reason to stay up late to hang out live and bring back that EZA vibe/charm. Bloodworth I'm beggin man.
Even more than the vibe, I think it just makes for a straight up better (stream) viewing experience to stay live. It enforces a quicker turnaround between segments, and as a viewer there's no ambiguity when they're going to be live again.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I'll add on to the pile saying the cuts and transitions aren't working. Don't think it's an issue of the mics or anything, rather it's just them making a decision to show off the snazzy graphics instead (graphics are great for longer breaks, just not in this setting). It just kind of gives a cold/sterile feeling to the entire stream. I think they'll change it up because it's a) the reasons stated above and b) a waste of time if they're trying to get through the sheer volume of game impressions they have to get through.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
I will say that I don't really mind the cut (as much) post-podcast, because that feels like a more natural transition.

I have to go to sleep now, so I suppose I should be happy that there's not as much compulsion to keep watching live?

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Ian acknowledged that chat wants to hear the banter in between the segments, so I'm sure they aware now. Hopefully they adjust for the rest of their coverage. Also, probably wouldn't hurt to drop Jones a comment on this for Cup of Jones.

Edit: Yep, Ian has basically stopped using the splash screen when they're switching people on the desk.

Last edited:

Szeth

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, thanks for the quick pivot on the splash screen breaks. Keep it up guys, great first night.

Suggestion for tomorrow night if you guys are gonna be late waiting for more to show up. Would love to see conference impressions from people that missed em. Brandon for Sony, Kyle for Nintendo etc.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
While I've been slightly surprised their Patreon hasn't exploded yet this E3 (still going up! currently only $20 away from 48k!), their youtube #'s ARE exploding which likely translates to more Patrons down the road as a lot of people are being introduced to them this E3.

In comparison to their E3 2017 #'s, which besides their launch months and one weird month in October last year where the gods of the youtube algorithm blessed them (11k new subs), E3 2017 is far and away their best month and they are on pace to shatter those numbers and realistically pass that outlier month.

In June 2017 (E3), they had the most views EVER of their content with 2.55 millions views on youtube along with 5.5k youtube subs which is one of their best months overall.

So far through just 12 days of June, they have nearly 1.7 million views and 5,050 new subs on youtube. Just yesterday they had 643k views alone and 1,535 youtube subs (for comparisons sake, last month in May, which was a strong month compared to most, they had 1.44 milion total views and 4.92k youtube subs).

Basically, they're killing it right and now and capitalizing on this moment. I have no idea how to look at Twitch #'s, but I know at one point they had over 15k people in their room at once which I'm pretty certain is a record.

I know they're drowning in work and coverage right now, but it would really be a smart idea to get that studio/Patreon hype up video out soon to capitalize on this moment for them.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah EZA is really close to breaking through. They have a nice base of followers but they're only almost there in terms of exposure and, hopefully, really staking a claim in a very saturated part of the internet. I'd love to see them get their own actual space and offices and really flourish as a business. 48k a month still isn't going to cut it to get to that level but if all this exposure can get another company (not Defy pls) to notice them and take them under their wing to pay for overhead and so on it would be great. It's really that overhead that makes the money coming in so limited, I know some of those guys have second or freelance jobs.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I hope the guy who did the Best of EZA in the past gets to make E3 videos, if only to allow me to skip some talk and get the funny shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.