• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The only way I'll accept Huber getting glasses is if it's paired with a new haircut, comes after a 1 week/month break from EZA uploading stuff and the rest of the Allies all get post-timeskip redesigns too.

Huber plase get glasses

Axass

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Reposting, cause at the moment it's pretty relevant:

EKsRvUD.png

Huber Game Show! Come on!

EDIT: He'd be on point as a game show host with glasses.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Honestly I'm starting to think Huber's vision isn't as bad as people are assuming. One of the more recent group streams he was sitting next to Kyle either on or behind the couch and could read the chat, and Kyle seemed surprised so it might not have been very big. At the same time it seems like he built going to the eye doctor as a much bigger deal that it really is, it's relatively quick and painless... and don't people with 20/20 vision still need to get a check up every now and then?

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
Honestly I'm starting to think Huber's vision isn't as bad as people are assuming. One of the more recent group streams he was sitting next to Kyle either on or behind the couch and could read the chat, and Kyle seemed surprised so it might not have been very big. At the same time it seems like he built going to the eye doctor as a much bigger deal that it really is, it's relatively quick and painless... and don't people with 20/20 vision still need to get a check up every now and then?
Yeah. I dunno why people are making such a big deal about it! It's not like Huber's eye's are truly in need of glasses or anything.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
It may not sound exciting but hiring a freelance editor would probably be the best next step for them

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
Man I remember a couple months ago when people were feeling down about their chances of getting to 50k ever. Nice to see they finally made it even if it'll likely go down by next month.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Reposting, cause at the moment it's pretty relevant:

Huber Game Show! Come on!

EDIT: He'd be on point as a game show host with glasses.
Bring on the Full-Playthrough Fridays! I guess I'd welcome a Man Up (Nights) type show too. Although, I guess another editor is what they need the most.

A Huber game show could be fun to see, but I think there's a pretty decent likelihood that it would get old after a while if it was a regular thing.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
A Huber game show could be fun to see, but I think there's a pretty decent likelihood that it would get old after a while if it was a regular thing.

It's the perfect candidate for a seasonal show after AFTR. They can bring it back for a limited run once a year, maybe change the rules or game type. One season it's Allies Feud, another it's 100-Allies Pyramid, Allies of Fortune, Ally-pardy, etc.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
On average, how much does the Patreon initially dip after Patrons are charged? There's such a steady increase right now to where it feels like they'll have a safety net of a couple thousand to potentially stay above 50k after the charge.

Oct 27, 2017
That is BS we don't need them to film the process of him getting glasses. At most all they'd need is him walking into the optometrist and then walking out with glasses. Anything else is absolutely unnecessary.

You are acting as if going to the optometrists is something that requires a lot of time and or planning to do. It doesn't. This is an excuse.

Right but when you need glasses they are sort of an essential thing. I'm sure his wife would want him to have what he needs so he can see properly.

He saids months agothat he would be going to get some. They even had a clip of him in front of an optometrists saying "someday." The point is it's weird how drawn out this has been. It's like he's treating it it as some sort of huge ordeal when it's not at all and even if it was it should still be a huge proority. I just don't get it. He needs glasses and he should get them. There is no need to draw this out or make it any more involved or complicated than that. Just take care of yourself and get it done.

It really is. I don't get it at all.
Let the man do what he wants lol.

I'm pretty sure i need glasses aswell but its not that big a deal to not be able to read a sign thats 50m away. I honestly dont want to have this thing on my head at all times. Anyway.. this is not my story, but let Huber do what he wants, if he doesnt feel like going to go to the optometrist, who are we to force him.

Paches

Oct 25, 2017
Grats on the 50!

Also, episode 2 of And For That Reason is incredible once again. Loving the new show.

Oct 27, 2017
Rewatching the last 10 minutes of their fundraiser feels SO good!

Them dancing and feeling the love is so jolly :') . Their E3 coverage was amazing and they really deserve that studio. L&R

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Max efficiency. *ponders how much faster Retro's would get done with more editors*

An extra editor or two and maybe getting patrons to capture some footage could easily lead to 2 retro's a year i reckon

Bring on the Full-Playthrough Fridays! I guess I'd welcome a Man Up (Nights) type show too. Although, I guess another editor is what they need the most.

I think i'm most excited about the prospect of full playthrough fridays being a thing again, it was my favorite thing they did at GT

Remember Me

Apr 3, 2018
Spain
And for that reason is a really good show (tough I understand those who preferred the AFTR-podcast style, I'd like it to be again a segment of the podcast too), I hope they do a second season eventually.

And I insist on the benefit that would have if the first episode was available for everyone on Youtube. I think it would be a really good moment to do it now that ep. 2 is up for patrons ("if you want to see more, go to Patreon and become a patron!"). but maybe they're waiting till every episode is up. They know better, I guess.

Btw:

jf3SfCN.png

Are people trolling them? I'm starting to get a little worried, is this sustainable? Actually real? I hope all thouse high pledges don't disappear or go back to the original ones overnight.

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
And for that reason is a really good show (tough I understand those who preferred the AFTR-podcast style, I'd like it to be again a segment of the podcast too), I hope they do a second season eventually.

And I insist on the benefit that would have if the first episode was available for everyone on Youtube. I think it would be a really good moment to do it now that ep. 2 is up for patrons ("if you want to see more, go to Patreon and become a patron!"). but maybe they're waiting till every episode is up. They know better, I guess.

Btw:

jf3SfCN.png

Are people trolling them? I'm starting to get a little worried, is this sustainable? Actually real? I hope all thouse high pledges don't disappear or go back to the original ones overnight.

Gotta hope the person who raised his/her pledge 1,5k (if that is really confirmed to be true) can hold it for a few months, and the other people raising their pledges now too.
I'm skeptical but hoping to be wrong.

Szeth

Oct 25, 2017

I think we've seen enough to know this isn't true.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018

Btw:

jf3SfCN.png

Thank me for pushing the Patreon so hard in the stream chat! We'll hit 52K in due time.

Be patient! I'm pushing the Patreon so hard so that Brandon Jones can live to see his 52K Sustainable Studio dream come true.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
It dips easily about 1.5k
It does and I wouldn't be surprised if it dips 3k to 4k this time (with it going back up to 47 or 48k (maybe 49k) before the 5th).
This insane growth from a few people isn't sustainable unfortunately.

I hope I am wrong and it's fantastic to see this amount of growth and seeing their patreon over 50k and let's all hope it stays that way, but I am too much of a realist (or pessimist I guess) to not see a big dip. That said, it clearly shows that it's not a pipedream to get over 50k consistently. They did get a bunch of new patrons and a bunch of new youtube subs and twitch followers and the more people know about them, the more people will support them on patreon.

EZA is consistently growing and that's the most important thing of all. They will get over 50k for months at a time eventually, but I don't think it will be the case at this moment.

But it's a fantastic feat nonetheless.
Congrats to them, it's well deserved.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Patreon as a whole isn't sustainable long term, but it will give them a cushion with some time to develop their brand further and grow so, eventually, they won't need to rely solely on Patreon.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's good to be prudent when it comes to Patreon, but let's not go to the other extreme and be worried just because it's going up at a crazy rate. We all know it can drop, we all know about the start of the month shenanigans. I say let's enjoy this for the milestone that it is, be grateful for the momentum and see where it takes us.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I know it's good to be prudent when it comes to Patreon, but let's not go to the other extreme and be worried just because it's going up at a crazy rate. We all know it can drop, we all know about the start of the month shenanigans. I say let's enjoy this for the milestone that it is, be grateful for the momentum and see where it takes us.

Yup. As Brandon Jones would say, get hype but also
Favorite Brandon Jones Hype management quotes
"I can't get involved"
"I gotta back away"

"I gotta draw back a little bit!'

Last edited:

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

No matter what, it is a good thing that the pledges have increased. However, they WILL drop. This happens every time there is a boost. It just means that when everything settles, they will be averaging larger numbers than before the big spike. Like I said, it is absolutely, unquestionably a good thing. However, it is also important to set expectations and not be brutally discouraged if that number dips below $50,000 in the near future.

Oct 27, 2017
They've gained 50 patrons in a day
I guess that means there are a bunch of fans learking here since it appears to be where EZA most active community is. The patreon increase started right around the time we started celebrating here and when someone made a thread in the main topics discussion. Maybe that motivated people to start pledging since there was no significant activity anywhere else?

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
I guess that means there are a bunch of fans learking here since it appears to be where EZA most active community is. The patreon increase started right around the time we started celebrating here and when someone made a thread in the main topics discussion. Maybe that motivated people to start pledging since there was no significant activity anywhere else?
Era is an active EZA community with a number of lurkers, but so is the unofficial discord (which did the big surge) and I'd imagine the reddit page. But there's also twitter as well

And the 50 counter is from the last graphetron snapshot which i believe is at 9pm PST.

My guess it's a combination of a number things. The discord kicked things up a notch, people here and elsewhere noticed it, it fed into more jumping in as people feel motivated to contribute once a goal draws near. Plus And for that reason ep 2 dropped today.

Status
Not open for further replies.