• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
Yeah, I'm skeptical of this platform. Maybe it's because I work in a support role for an ISP, but all I can think about is how terrible the end user experience is going to be once you account for congestion/peering issues, possible last mile connection problems, and the crapshoot that is most people's LAN/WiFi setups. A surprisingly large number of areas in the US still struggle with getting internet service with more than 10Mbps downstream rates. It's one thing to have videos buffer...but mid-gameplay interruptions will be extremely frustrating if your internet service has the bandwidth for it to begin with.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot that they already moved to DST, so looks like I've missed a lot. I guess I'll watch this clips stream later.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Man this stream has had me in tears. I really should have sent them jones doing the voice over for the gundam game

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Yet they actually managed to show some games running in that conference and it's still a distant second (third now?) in the market even after distancing themselves from that.

For a company that has a track record of shelving projects that don't do well out of the gate, they've really gotta blow the doors off and get people hooked instantly.

They showed A dogs jaw being adjusted in COD lol. They barely showed anything game wise in the xbox conference. I dont see what the success of the xbox has to do with anything. I was just using the conference as a point of comparison. It was a conference about features, not about games, much like this conference was.

I dont think this is going to appeal to

It's the truth tho.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Announcements starting now.

First up, 4 new shirts!

Edit: RIP to Retros as it is now gone from the Patreon.

Second edit: the GT Live esque show dropped to $55K.

AND GAME SHOW SHADOW DROP

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
Retros removed as a goal, seems we'll still get some periodically (possibly just as [in]frequently as we have been with them as a goal)

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
i have been pretty down on EZA content in the last month or so but this game show will surely bring me back.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
Loving the proper production on this. Just as Kinda Funny give up on their woeful attempt at a game show, EZA do it right!

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Mysterious Monsters is too good to be locked behind a patreon goal. Really like that they just said screw it and put it into production.

kamen_tater

Oct 27, 2017
Every time someone gets a question wrong from the trickster monster, Huber needs to say "Welcome to my trick" and have a bonus effect(lose extra gold, health or gain a cursed item, etc).

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
someone please fix huber's suit buttons next time. top should be buttoned, bottom unbuttoned. it's gonna be bugging me this entire video

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
Mysterious Monsters is really good, but also maybe too long? Some quicker cuts (and maybe splitting "episodes" by round) might make it better.

imo

Then again, I don't watch a lot of game shows, maybe the length is a good thing?

Oct 27, 2017
This game show is great!

Here's an idea: have a contest to let patrons come up with the commercials for the game show episodes (or other episodes if you have/want fake commercials).

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
it looked a bit long at first, but I couldn't look away during the whole thing, so I guess they know what they're doing! The music and production value is great on this!

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Love Mysterious Monsters and the presentation. The only thing that bothered me a little was it was sometimes really hard to follow with erratic cuts between contestants and the monster fight screen. I wish there was a way where you could have the monster fight screen up at all times and just zoom it out or something? Or some way to minimize the cuts.

I'm sure the show will evolve but the concept is super EZA in the best way. It already improved tons from the initial test.
Also can't wait until they create storylines around the participants of the show to maybe heighten the stakes.

SUPERSAD about retros though.

Status
Not open for further replies.