• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Bloodworth Was watching games daily on kinda funny, and greg said the email he got for the tlou2 event said you can share that you are going to the event.

Is anyone from eza going to the event or not?

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
I think the Mana streams are the best streams out of the lot.

Trials of Mana is actually a really, really good game and it's so obvious just seeing it being played. And then it's co-op action JRPG on top of that? It's perfect. It's a game that I didn't know much of and is probably the least popular game in their streaming rotation of games right now, so it feels really fresh.

Kyle dropping in at random times makes it really fun too.

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England
I am usually very annoyed that EZA aren't being well served by Nintendo at the moment but with Links Awakening we have the silver lining of a full playthrough in a few hours. I have a feeling that this stream could be very good indeed.

May 30, 2018
Kyle's using the Blue Yeti because of me. sorry y'all. but it was crucial in ruling out possible causes of the audio artifacting. narrowing down more and more

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Can't watch stream, can someone tell me what Kyle thought of Sirfetch'd?
Yesterday, the Pokemon Company announced and revealed an evolution for Farfetch'd who has, famously, been my favorite pokemon for many years. Upon witnessing this evolved form, who is known as Sirfetch'd, I must say this: I love it. Sirfetch'd is a masterful design in itself, but also an increasingly rare example of logical, purposeful and ultimately interesting pokemon evolution. As such I am now planning on purchasing Pokemon Sword, to which Sirfetch'd is exclusive. I realize this may come as a shock to those who know me well. Not only have I previously committed to Pokemon Shield, in the past I have traditonally, intentionally played the alternate version such as Pokemon Pearl or Pokemon Y. Despite my history, the revelation of Sirfetch'd and its exclusivity has forced my decision. To any Pokemon Shield supporters who feel abandoned I can only respect your resolve and ask for your understanding. Thank you.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
just started today's Mana stream lol
At the part where they wiped on the Boss Part 1.

It's kinda weird.
Not just EZA, but it's interesting to notice that sometimes when people play older games (or modern games expected to be easier), they don't play them with the same level of attention. (I don't want to say play "poor" cause that's bad discourse).

i.e. not repeatedly doing stuff that doesn't work, not noticing what is working, or not effectively planning, etc.
Versus games that demand full attention going in (like Sekiro) and then people play to that level going in.

I've been noticing it a lot in this game lol.

still a fun stream though of course don't get me wrong.

edit:
as I typed it now they're analyzing their inventory and doing more planning.
ok, there we go.
It usually takes failing repeatedly or running into a roadblock, makes sense.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
Yesterday, the Pokemon Company announced and revealed an evolution for Farfetch'd who has, famously, been my favorite pokemon for many years. Upon witnessing this evolved form, who is known as Sirfetch'd, I must say this: I love it. Sirfetch'd is a masterful design in itself, but also an increasingly rare example of logical, purposeful and ultimately interesting pokemon evolution. As such I am now planning on purchasing Pokemon Sword, to which Sirfetch'd is exclusive. I realize this may come as a shock to those who know me well. Not only have I previously committed to Pokemon Shield, in the past I have traditonally, intentionally played the alternate version such as Pokemon Pearl or Pokemon Y. Despite my history, the revelation of Sirfetch'd and its exclusivity has forced my decision. To any Pokemon Shield supporters who feel abandoned I can only respect your resolve and ask for your understanding. Thank you.
Perhaps the biggest surprise in relation to Sword and Shield as a whole.

May 30, 2018
Were they able to configure the AAC encoder in XSplit? Their artifacting in the last few streams sounded exactly like what I had dealt with.

apologies in advance for the wall of text:

haven't had time to try it yet, but it's next on the list. i'm doing what i can to test/troubleshoot possible fixes at home first so that i can know what may/may not work and give them step-by-step instructions that can guarantee a result, even if it's not the fix, be easily reversible, and low hassle. it seems there's no way in XSplit to override the main audio codec (AAC LC) - the drop down is visibly greyed out even with additional codecs installed. searching Google for CoreAudio XSplit or any other stuff about audio codecs comes up with almost nothing relevant to XSplit - and there's no documentation i can find that suggests XSplit has any way to let you/force not use their default AAC codec. so my plan this weekend is to see if it has logs that can be read like described in the OBS guide you linked, identify what's used before, install the CoreAudio codec on my PC, then see if it those logs if they exist confirm that CoreAudio is now used as the main codec in Xsplit, like it would for OBS. if that works i'll send it to them to do next.

here's the thing that's still very strange to me: for streams that aren't Pokemon Silver, the game audio sounds fine, but the mics have that same artifacting. i would expect that if the codec is the issue, it would affect everything since it's last in the chain before that encoded audio is sent to Twitch. it's very puzzling - i would have expected Tuesday night's Genesis stream to have similar game audio artifacting, and it just does not best i can tell. but the room/mics do. the only thing i can think is that their HDMI capture already does hardware audio encoding before the signal is sent to XSplit (probably safe to assume anyways) and that it passes-through to XSplit.but unless i'm missing something i'd still expect any signal at all that goes into XSplit to be re-encoded by its audio codec at the final stage, because all those different audio sources get muxed into one stereo output.

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like Nintendo has been neglecting the allies again. No review copy for Link's Awakening and now the embargo for the Switch Lite lifted and no vid from the allies.. Should we all riot to Bowser or something? This is getting ridiculous lol

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
I think my favourite stream from EZA/GT was the A Link Between Worlds stream with Damiani, Kyle, and I think Brad/Bloodworth. That still stands out to this day.

I remember Damiani going into the bar which played classic Zelda music on a flute and just pausing there so everyone could enjoy the music. Extremely cosy.

Fnnrqwin

Sep 19, 2019
apologies in advance for the wall of text:

haven't had time to try it yet, but it's next on the list. i'm doing what i can to test/troubleshoot possible fixes at home first so that i can know what may/may not work and give them step-by-step instructions that can guarantee a result, even if it's not the fix, be easily reversible, and low hassle. it seems there's no way in XSplit to override the main audio codec (AAC LC) - the drop down is visibly greyed out even with additional codecs installed. searching Google for CoreAudio XSplit or any other stuff about audio codecs comes up with almost nothing relevant to XSplit - and there's no documentation i can find that suggests XSplit has any way to let you/force not use their default AAC codec. so my plan this weekend is to see if it has logs that can be read like described in the OBS guide you linked, identify what's used before, install the CoreAudio codec on my PC, then see if it those logs if they exist confirm that CoreAudio is now used as the main codec in Xsplit, like it would for OBS. if that works i'll send it to them to do next.

here's the thing that's still very strange to me: for streams that aren't Pokemon Silver, the game audio sounds fine, but the mics have that same artifacting. i would expect that if the codec is the issue, it would affect everything since it's last in the chain before that encoded audio is sent to Twitch. it's very puzzling - i would have expected Tuesday night's Genesis stream to have similar game audio artifacting, and it just does not best i can tell. but the room/mics do. the only thing i can think is that their HDMI capture already does hardware audio encoding before the signal is sent to XSplit (probably safe to assume anyways) and that it passes-through to XSplit.but unless i'm missing something i'd still expect any signal at all that goes into XSplit to be re-encoded by its audio codec at the final stage, because all those different audio sources get muxed into one stereo output.
That's why I'm thinking this is the issue. When I tested streaming old consoles plugged in with my OSSC into an Elgato and using a vocal mic, I didn't experience any artifacting, but using VBA in conjunction with a vocal mic resulted in similar weirdness to what they've had. I never found a way to actually verify the CoreAudio on my end outside of just following the installation procedure, but when I streamed after that it was a day and night difference. So even if XSplit doesn't give you the option installing the Apple CoreAudio codec might fix it anyway. It's weird and it's partially over my head how the program knows to use the new codec without me doing anything, but if it works it works. Good luck!

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
we sure it's a full playthrough? it doesn't say that so i assumed it was just a few hours
Damiani recently played through the original (or at least, the DX version) in 4.5 hours or so.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/479031888 (don't watch if you haven't played the game)
I don't know if they are going to rush through it this time since it's a new game, but it's certainly conceivable for him to go through it in a couple of hours.

That being said, don't be afraid that the game is this short. It's not a super long game for sure, but it takes way longer if you haven't experienced the game yet. He perfectly knew where to go and what to get first.

Edit:
I completely forgot that the stream already happened (or is happening)
And I missed that the power went out, that sucks but not much they can do about that.

Seems like Nintendo has been neglecting the allies again. No review copy for Link's Awakening and now the embargo for the Switch Lite lifted and no vid from the allies.. Should we all riot to Bowser or something? This is getting ridiculous lol
Blood should really get a job at Nintendo so there is a higher chance of them getting all that stuff.
But to be honest, there is not a lot they can do about this.

I'm sure Blood has plenty of connections/contacts all over the industry including Nintendo. If Nintendo America doesn't think they are big enough (or sees them as influencers instead of a games outlet), there is not a lot they can do.

I have watched a Canadian Youtuber with a similar amount of subscribers who did get a Switch Lite and got Zelda (and a lot of Nintendo games) in advance. It's just that there are a lot more outlets in American compared to the rest of the world and that Nintendo America still seems to be ridiculous over the leaks that happened a couple of years back.

Last edited:

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Can't double check right now but I'm pretty sure they tweeted this was scheduled maintenance on the power lines, so hopefully their power issues will be solved now

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I awoke this morning from a deep slumber with memories of the all time greatest stream day of Trials of Mana into Monster Hunter into Pokemon Silver into Link's Awakening in my mind as clear as footprints on the beach.

I can still hear the ballad that was sung to me as the dream ended and the waves washed ashore.

Is this how it feels to lose what never was?

May 30, 2018
That's why I'm thinking this is the issue. When I tested streaming old consoles plugged in with my OSSC into an Elgato and using a vocal mic, I didn't experience any artifacting, but using VBA in conjunction with a vocal mic resulted in similar weirdness to what they've had. I never found a way to actually verify the CoreAudio on my end outside of just following the installation procedure, but when I streamed after that it was a day and night difference. So even if XSplit doesn't give you the option installing the Apple CoreAudio codec might fix it anyway. It's weird and it's partially over my head how the program knows to use the new codec without me doing anything, but if it works it works. Good luck!

ok, that's great to know- seriously. hopefully that works - you'll be the hero :)

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
they should put the brandon & kyle play pokemon series on the main channel.

Probably, it's the third most popular stream concept they have (tuesday group stream and gundam being more popular.) They made the second channel because people complained about the flood of streams hitting the main channel but I think people wouldnt came as much now that the streams are of a higher quality (atleast the ones with multiple allies.) However if nobody watches these videos then i think it might effect how youtube surfaces there content to other users

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
gundam is certainly not more popular than brandon plays pokemon and group streams rarely pull those numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.