• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

munchie64

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

These fan videos are getting insane. I gotta get back in the game asap before my ideas are taken.

Oct 27, 2017
its the exact same venue as last year, and as speaking as someone who went there, that venue can really only support a concert. And considering the reception they get every year that isn't probably going to change
Them not saying 'concert' in that tweet makes me believe they might try Kyle's idea of doing an Easy Allies conference :p

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Have they said who will be reviewing Smash Bros Ultimate?

On a saturday, that's nice. Personally, I hope it's not another concert again, but I'm probably in the minority.

I'm not crazy about the concert stuff either...
But I'm cool with just not caring about that aspect of the event if at least it seems many others do.

Last edited:

kamen_tater

Oct 27, 2017
They haven't said who will review smash, but they probably have to pry the review copy out of Damiani's cold, dead hands if one of the others want to review it.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
So this popped up in my YT recommends for some reason. So I decided it was time for a rewatch

Prior to this E3, I watched the occasional GT retrospective and I tried to watch the final Bosman weekly but I would never consider myself a GT fan. I really didn't know any of them at that time outside of Kyle. Some I think was the site, part I think was the name in some way? They felt like a Gamespot or a IGN or whatnot so it was hard to really know any of the or get attached like the good ol days of 1Up personality driven content.

Then at the old place after the crazy Sony E3 conference I saw this stream VOD pop up from the Game trailer people. On the high of wanting to consume anything related to that press conference. So I watched it and loved it. Watched the whole Sony reaction stream archive. Then watched the rest of GT's E3 live stream content that week. Learned the other people on stream. Went back and rewatched the betting special with a better understanding of whole the "other guy" opposite Kyle was, etc.

Within a month I went all in. Watched all their weekly shows, caught up on Huber hype, TTA, Man UPs, etc. and then it was them that really got me into stream watching

And the rest they say is history.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
That was also the big thing of theirs I saw first. I then happened upon the video on the Top 10 Most Divisive Games and immediately latched onto Kyle's mannerisms/humor but thought everybody else was also great. After that, I got into The Final Bosman and went back to watch old Betting Specials.

That was all about two weeks before GT shut down, weirdly enough, so I was all in on EZA from the start.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I was way into GT before all the E3 reactions started, Invisible Walls and all the reviews was what brought me to that channel

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Whew, that Easy Update was a journey. Kyle and Ian sleuthing it up over a BBT (Bibi and Tina for the uncultured) German mystery filled with shocking twists and turns sprinkled with unexpected lewdness.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Markt+Technik is one big money laundering scheme.

I'd love more Easy Update Detective Mode for delving into the origins of the obscure, bizarre games that plague storefronts like the Nintendo eShop.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
That Easy Update is must-watch content. Choking back laughter trying not to wake my wife.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Just finished the episode.

How in the...

tenor.gif

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
I'm pretty familiar with Bibi Blocksberg, and that doesn't really help answer anything. Great episode though. Reminds me of the time I discovered "Phoenix Games", and just wasted hours of my precious time Googling them with some friends.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm German. Yes Kyle, please make radio plays for us. Thanks~

(I really got a kick out of this episode, haha)

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Speaking as an 80ies german kid that grew up on audio plays: This is the greatest Kyle & Ian content that can exist in any of the infinite multiverses

except if somewhere they did the same thing but with Benjamin Blümchen.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this popped up in my YT recommends for some reason. So I decided it was time for a rewatch

Prior to this E3, I watched the occasional GT retrospective and I tried to watch the final Bosman weekly but I would never consider myself a GT fan. I really didn't know any of them at that time outside of Kyle. Some I think was the site, part I think was the name in some way? They felt like a Gamespot or a IGN or whatnot so it was hard to really know any of the or get attached like the good ol days of 1Up personality driven content.

Then at the old place after the crazy Sony E3 conference I saw this stream VOD pop up from the Game trailer people. On the high of wanting to consume anything related to that press conference. So I watched it and loved it. Watched the whole Sony reaction stream archive. Then watched the rest of GT's E3 live stream content that week. Learned the other people on stream. Went back and rewatched the betting special with a better understanding of whole the "other guy" opposite Kyle was, etc.

Within a month I went all in. Watched all their weekly shows, caught up on Huber hype, TTA, Man UPs, etc. and then it was them that really got me into stream watching

I miss Max, hope he's doing ok

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
What a great Easy Update.

Also German 80s kid here, so no stranger to Bibi Blocksberg, though I believe the spin-off Bibi & Tina was quite a bit later. It was definitely not during my time of listening to audo dramas every night before bed.

Gotta say, however, I was never much into Bibi or Benjamin Blümchen and very quickly moved on the Master of the Universe. Most of my friends listened to TKKG.

It's a whole new sub-genre for Ian to explore.

Also I will raise my pledge for an EZA audio play. Reindeer Academy table read was already more than halfway there. Cassette tape release is a must tho.

Man, what an idea! Reindeer Academy Audio Play would be absolutely do-able with the voice talent they have on hand.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

Funny how 3 and a half years later nothing has been released and by the time they release we are probably going to need to buy a new console to play the best version

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
there's nothing funnier as a german speaker to watch kyle and ian get everything wrong.

"gmbh that's the parent company" lol

Rezbit

Oct 26, 2017
That was so good haha.

"Anikids! They're a subsidiary of Markt-Technik! What is happening?!"

Oct 25, 2017

That video has gotten so many re-watches by me. I pretty much watch it every time it pops into my recommends. Might watch it again now.

Also, one of my biggest regrets was being completely unaware that GT did live-streams. I was watching The Final Bosman every Wednesday by the time E3 2015 rolled around, but was oblivious to everything else they did, including ManUps and Huber Hype. Wasn't until this video that I had the same curiosity you did: who are these other people??

EDIT: Thinking about it, I suppose I must've recognized some of them from Bonus Bits, but still. Seeing Huber freak out definitely pushed me towards seeking out more of their stuff.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
The Nintendo Switch store is turning into Steam with way too many new releases each week and a lot of them are no high quality releases.
I hope they aren't killing the reason why indie devs love to release their game for Switch (they got sold way better on Switch compared to other platforms).

I am afraid that the Switch store is going to be the same mess as Steam with no quality control and good indie games being snowed in with other titles and nobody buying them because they are difficult to find between all the crappy releases.

I loved the Easy Update episode, but this can't last forever if they keep releasing so many games on there. I hope it can get us a lot of cool episodes, so at least something useful can come out of it.

edit:
It's not that the episode made me think about this by itself, but I checked the Switch store a couple of hours before I checked the Easy Update episode and stuff like this clearly shows what is happening with that store.

Also, Kalypso isn't that small of a company. I believe they release the Tropico games for example.

Last edited:

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I love Or Wars. I wish there was a compilation of the intros.
I would be glad for the people who like those, but I really can't stand them personally.
I do love the actual conversations in Or wars and the segment in general, but the song is something I really dislike (but it's short enough for me to get through). I always feel ashamed for the people involved if I see stuff like that for some reason.

That said, hopefully somebody can create a compilation, I do see why people would want it.

Last edited:

Xenoboy

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Watching Friend Code, and what is this about TPHD being minimal effort? Definately more than WWHD, they redid most textures and then they doubt they'd do the same too SSHD

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Watching Friend Code, and what is this about TPHD being minimal effort? Definately more than WWHD, they redid most textures and then they doubt they'd do the same too SSHD

Nah. WWHD was done in-house and you can tell. They redid the textures of WW too and added a modern lighting engine to that, plus bigger gameplay enhancements though I don't think TP needed as many tbf. TP would've looked great with better lighting though, but that one was done by a third-party and I imagine such a change was off the cards due to that.

(Ironically I do prefer Wind Waker with its gamecube lighting... So I wish the two were flipped.)

Status
Not open for further replies.