• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Huber is on the next Friend Code, so sounds like he's back for Easy Livin

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
As a massive Final Fantasy fan i love how successful XIV is, i love seeing the passion that the fans have for it and the good it's done for the brand as a whole, i totally believe them that this it's the best MMO in the world, but i wish it's fans would be a bit more understanding of the fact that even the best MMO ever made is still an enormous deviation from what made most people fall in love with the franchise.

The time/money investment that any MMO asks for is going to turn off most players, no matter how many nods, love letters, or quality storylines you put in the game.

Again i'm not trying to put the game down or anything, it's just that when you say things like "it's the best FF game" you're going to set some expectations for players unfamiliar with the game, and a let down is going to be inevitable. I don't think comparing it to other FF games is doing it any favors, i'd just pitch it as better than WoW.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
I've been trying to save money by not buying any games since I have a huge backlog, but I just know I'm gonna break that rule soon, have Control pre-ordered, might spring for Man of Medan, and I want the South Park games on Switch

As someone who did this for 2 years, don't force yourself to not buy games that you want. It turns Gaming into a chore.

By all means be more selective about what new games you want to play, but don't use "I have all these games in my backlog" as the only reason not to buy a new release.

There are lots of films I haven't seen that I want to watch, and I have access to. That doesn't mean I'm not going to see a new film that I want to see when it's out at the Cinema.

I generally really like Huber's rule. If you're halfway through a game, get it finished, then make the most of your time by planning. Make plenty of use of HowLongToBeat.com. Don't start Witcher 3 two days before Watch Dogs Legion comes out, etc.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Filled out the survey, couldn't really go into as much detail as I wanted as 300 characters isn't a lot when you have multiple things you want to see them start/improve with.

I'm sure its not intentional that Weekly Clips hasn't had a new one done by the community member for the last 3 weeks, but boy has it resulted in me feeling more disconnected from EZA than ever. It feels like everyone is on summer break for the multitude of reasons, but even harder.

I do enjoy Easy Livin', but I worry it also feels at times its where they play non-Nintendo retro games for one of the only times of the year and get it 'out of their system' unless a new compilation comes out. Ben will seemingly never play Panzer Dragoon Saga (one of the best jRPG's ever made), Huber will never play more of GodHand (despite being by Mikami, his favourite game designer), and so on. I know Blood often picks up the slack by going retro with the Pact, but it definitely feels like something lost after GT and post the very early beginnings of EZA when streaming together at each others houses.

As a result, the EZA Plays channel just doesn't feel like it has anything on there I want to watch. I definitely commented in the survey how I wanted the edited plays to come back that Bosman very briefly experimented with. Something has to give there if they're not doing Weekly Clips themselves, not doing this, not doing that, and so on. Just uploading huge 4-5 hour streams onto the internet doesn't really feel like content creation but mass dumping/pollution past a certain point. Especially interesting considering the Hottake in Frame Trap this week about more produced shows like Mike Ross' The Excellent Adventures versus just marathons of intermittent thanks for 100 Bits and the general sentiment that maybe they're not really using this new studio for a brand new start and getting past the loss of GT.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
UK
I'd like a show similar to RKG's Retry (which is a spiritual successor to Prepare to try). Three allies playing through great games, each episode an hour long or so. Talking about what they love about the game they are playing etc.

I'm not super keen on watching streams of people playing games but there is something about retry that just works for me, the hour long weekly format, the conversation between the guys playing, I guess I just like the show presentation of it over a casual sort if stream.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like a show similar to RKG's Retry (which is a spiritual successor to Prepare to try). Three allies playing through great games, each episode an hour long or so. Talking about what they love about the game they are playing etc.

I'm not super keen on watching streams of people playing games but there is something about retry that just works for me, the hour long weekly format, the conversation between the guys playing, I guess I just like the show presentation of it over a casual sort if stream.
Something similar to Retry would require editing though and they clearly don't have time for that. I like Retry and KFs Party Mode mainly because it's edited down.
I consume nearly all EZA steams nowadays through the unofficial EZA weekly clips channel because they edit it all down.

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England

Eurogamer also do similar show called LTTP where one person brings one of their favourite old games to the Sofa and the other (who has little experience of it or dislikes that genre) plays it. Much like RKG this content is edited and can be an absolute joy to watch. I think a great new show for EZA to do would be an edited show of more than one of them playing a game in the studio. It could be aired unedited on Twitch first though I think it could be better if it wasn't.

Urbannomad123

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rugby, England
Something similar to Retry would require editing though and they clearly don't have time for that. I like Retry and KFs Party Mode mainly because it's edited down.
I consume nearly all EZA steams nowadays through the unofficial EZA weekly clips channel because they edit it all down.

At this stage of the game I think they should make time to start editing more. And if they can't make time for that at least another editor should be brought on board.

Oct 25, 2017
Fun lineup, I think. Bummed about RE2, but whatever. If they can make it jolly, I'll still watch. Would be cool if they could do the PC version and stick a mod in there for kicks, but I doubt it.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
Fun lineup. Sounds like RE2 could be fun as they're going to try and speedrun as much as they can. No fighting game hurts a bit and I'm shocked they aren't doing a Mario Maker 2 Don's Design Challenge! Still I'm insanely excited for this weekend.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
RE2 sounds like a good opportunity to take a break from the stream and get some errands done lol. Pretty excited for the rest of the games though.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Love the picks, RE2 is what it is, but 3/50 hours isn't that big of a deal. Should be a fun weekend! Personal favs: Hitman 2, Shrek, Mickey, and starting it all off...DKC2! Hyped!

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
With RE2, I'd rather they stream a game they're super passionate about even if it's been done before than something else just for the sake of variety. Bet the banter during the RE2 stream will be top tier.

gragrofe

Oct 30, 2017
blood is looking straight gangsta on this group stream
ETCEbuk.png

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to DKC 2 and CTR at Easy Livin. I'll catch a few other the other games, too. Happier than last year.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I was shocked to hear in Cup of Jones that the Patreon survey that Kyle posted got over 1,000 responses. Pretty amazing.

Also of note: Jones mentioned how he randomly met up with Ben, Ian, Kyle, and Bloodworth in the EZA studio parking lot (while grabbing something in the studio) and got the sense the everyone is just kind of ready to make some big changes on Patreon. Not to say that's happening immediately, of course, but they appear to be in that "okay, we have the studio. What's next? Where do we take what we have and take a big step forward?" phase.

I'm excited to see where they take this thing. I'm ready for changes. EZA has been around longer than the era we knew and loved of GT. They're officially now more EZA than they ever were GT, and I think it's time to look at the company from a fresh perspective, and not "what's the next GT show that we can bring over?"

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Oh god give me that Search For Reptar playthrough right now. I need my weird Kyle playthrough streams back. Plus Searcg for Reptar is secretly great!

Honestly really looking forward to RE2 again.

Crash Team Racing full playthrough in 3 hours eh? Seems about right. I hope they explore some of the other stuff if they have time like the Relic Races.

And of course Crash Bash will be wonderful!

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Full Schedule:

Friday July 26th
12:00PM Donkey Kong Country 2 (Full Playtrough)
7:00PM Hitman 2
9:00PM Klonoa
11:00PM Sekiro

Saturday July 27th
1:00AM Alien: Isolation
5:00AM Marvelous: Another Treasure Island
8:00AM Rugrats: Search for Reptar (Full Playtrough)
10:00AM SSB Ultimate Smashdown mode
12:00AM Cadence of Hyrule
2:00PM Golden Axe (Full Playtrough)
3:00PM Crash Team Racing Adventure Mode (Full Playtrough)
6:00PM Blazing Chrome
7:00PM Resident Evil 2 Remake
10:00PM Mario Maker 2

Sunday July 28th
12:00AM Adventures of Cookie & Cream
1:00AM Shrek (Full Playtrough)
6:00AM Captain Toad Treasure Tracker Co-op mode
7:00AM The Messenger Picnic Panic DLC
9:00AM World of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse & Donald Duck
11:00AM Riverbond
12:00AM Crash Bash Summer Olympics

Last edited:

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Klonoa is a top tier pick I tell ya that.

Rugrats shouöd be fun too, I actually owned it as a kid and I remember it not being half bad. Lot of variety.

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
Hell yeah, Klonoa. Also super nice to see Marvelous get some more exposure. I hope they try it out ahead of time though, because it's one of those high res mode SFC games, and is prone to visual glitches if your emulation isn't up to snuff. I hope they pick it back up after EZ Living and do a full playthrough though, since the game starts slow and becomes much more interesting as you go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.