• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Got my ticket too

DjigcRlUUAAfQfW.jpg:large
get outta hereeeeeeeeeeee

I'm not a huge fan of his Cirez music, but the hype for that show is too much. You'd be crazy to miss that if you at all like EDM

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Why the fuck won't he bring that to US??????

The amount of shows are stacking up again. Virtual Self just announced a few more dates, including CA. So now I gotta go b2b with Virtual Self and then Seven Lions. Then Cirez/Dreamstate. Andrew Bayer, San Holo, Prydz is also going to be at Escspe this year. Too many damn shows in CA

how spoiled am I? :D

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck won't he bring that to US??????

The amount of shows are stacking up again. Virtual Self just announced a few more dates, including CA. So now I gotta go b2b with Virtual Self and then Seven Lions. Then Cirez/Dreamstate. Andrew Bayer, San Holo, Prydz is also going to be at Escspe this year. Too many damn shows in CA

how spoiled am I? :D
Don't his EPIC shows have the HOLO stuff?

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Dixon remix for LCD Soundsystem is up on Spotify. Kinda boring if I'm being honest. The original is so good.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yea I suppose most of his actual music can be boring. I love his long mixes though. I will give a special shot out to his Snooze 4 Love Remix for Todd Terje. Nothing will top the original but his remix actually adds something to the slow burn of the original for me.

Last edited:

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've seen Rufus but not Lane 8. I only really know Lane 8 because of the remix for Rufus. But it's one of those huge shows. I sorta want to get away from those and do more club shows.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Last time I saw Lane 8 it was in a small club during his "This never happened tour" where they had a no cell phone policy. Probably one of the best shows I've been to honestly

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Man I really respect the hustle of DJ dotcom. I'm surprised The Deadmau5 path isn't replicated more often by aspiring DJ's. Turning your persona into a masked character is the the best way to brand yourself and skyrocket into The mainstream and the result of that is millions of $$$. If I was an up and coming DJ I would definitely wear a mask and make a character out of it.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Just discovered Dither via The Barong Family radio show..... And I'm glad that Yellow Claw is allowing their artists to branch out and experiment with their music. Dither makes a bunch of music from a bunch of genres but he mainly sticks to Hard Dance (180+ bpm) so to hear somebody get experimental with their music is really refreshing to hear.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017

Gotta say I'm not toooo excited about anybody in particular. I want to see Laserface and System F though. I can only go one day since I have Cirez D on the other, I hope they are on the same day. Just realized I've never seen Markus either, so that should be good. Purple Haze, Giuseppe, Arctic Moon vs RAM too

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Yeah I'm thinking for doing Dreamstate on Friday and Cirez D on saturday. I'm not really the biggest Trance head but I do love hanging out at the Psytrance stage

OP
OP
Aomber

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
Wow, this is seriously different from anything in the dance scene I've heard in a while. This might be a controversial one for the thread - I dig it a lot.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
well that's certainly different, I like it.
The singing reminds me classic Disney cartoons but like mixed with modern house. That's a great idea right there.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Insomniac finally throwing a Factory 93 Festival. Personally I think its a snoozefest besides Cox, Dettman, Bodzin, and Tale of Us but I do think acts like Bicep, Octa Octa and Peggy Gou are super talented even though I'm not into their music

FAC93_SP_LINEUP_1080X1080_URL.jpg

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Makes me sad we'll never get something like that in Seattle. USC just does shitty bass music festivals and big tent festivals that might include an artist or two of that sort on a side stage.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure, but I saw VV at MMW and he was amazing. BT and PvD never disappoint.
Too much psy literally hurts my body when I'm at a show lol.

BT and PvD are of course great. Always love PvD sets. But I gotta pick my day carefully this year since I got Cirez on the other haha. My main fear is if I have to pick between System F and Laserface. What do I do???

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Too much psy literally hurts my body when I'm at a show lol.

BT and PvD are of course great. Always love PvD sets. But I gotta pick my day carefully this year since I got Cirez on the other haha. My main fear is if I have to pick between System F and Laserface. What do I do???
Yeah, psy is definitely exhausting, lol, but it was sure intense. I wasn't able to stay for the whole set(also because it was like 3:45AM).

The best set was either his or Mark Knight.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
edc 2019 tickets went on sale today. couldnt resist the 20 down and 48 a month deal to total 399.
im going again and i cant wait.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
They're going to have a GA , GA+ and VIP . from what i read , GA+ gives you access to air conditioned bathrooms and a dedicated entrance.

Last year in May was perfect weather imo. i didnt get too hot and there was a breeze that actually felt great and a little chilly time to time.

I wonder if they will do camping again.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Da Tweekaz have been pumping out some tracks lately. These two have been pretty decent:

Been loving how Da Tweekaz aren't afraid of combining different genres with Hardstyle.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
CRSSD afterparty tickets went on sale today. Gonna do Layton on Friday, Hauff and Kraviz on saturday and probably nothing on sunday since they all look pretty boring :-/

DmRSOmoUYAAjrQQ.jpg

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I love Totally Enourmous Extinct Dinosaurs but I am not aware how good his DJ sets are. Maybe he's like Bonobo in that I actually like Bonobo's DJ sets more than a lot of his live sets.

OP
OP
Aomber

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
Gonna pull an Aomber here - I gotta be honest, I'm not really a fan of this classic house movement being pushed by Calvin Harris & now Mark Ronson + diplo. Don't get me wrong, this music isn't bad, but there's something to be said when the state of mainstream EDM is so shit that edm artists have nowhere else to go to innovate and have to revert back to a style that's "been there done that". Like at the end of the day this comes off as generic, I think people are just so tired of the shit that is future bass that some folks were looking for any excuse to get away from it. Personally I don't think this is the answer.

I'm just saying this is Mark Ronson and Diplo. You're telling me these two fuckers can't make something more original between them?

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't know about the singles they've released thus far but the noisey old school disco and house mixes Diplo has put up on his you tube page is 100% more interesting to me because no one else is doing that stuff.