• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Mar 11, 2020

Kazer

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
But people were saying Lam was still bugged i thought?

Huh?

Well either way i was able to recruit them but i made sure i did the right specific order.

Also where the fuck is my in game backer rewards code since i got physical??
Did any of them for sure start a new game on 1.003? If it's still bugged then there should definitely be another patch soon.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017

Huh?

Well either way i was able to recruit them but i made sure i did the right specific order.

They made a point to say that the patch may not fix the problem for pre-existing save files. I don't know if anyone who's encountered it has said whether they started before or after 1.03 came out.

Mar 11, 2020
They made a point to say that the patch may not fix the problem for pre-existing save files. I don't know if anyone who's encountered it has said whether they started before or after 1.03 came out.
1.03 wasn't even the first progression fix, that fixed some dungeon bug. It was 1.02.

I dunno i thought a few here def started after 1.02

I started on 1.00 and i was able to recruit thankfully by just doing the correct order but i am fine starting over if i needed to, but guess i don't

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Can you post me a 4k screenshot of it?
Don't know if this will work for you but here is a link to a screenshot I took about 8 hours in:

www.xbox.com

UraMallas | Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes | Xbox

A capture by UraMallas

tk3YQGF.png

Feb 15, 2019

Huh?

Huh? That patch hit a couple of days ago? But they literally had a tweet that said this

View: https://twitter.com/eiyuden/status/1781110307102073177

"72-hour backer Early Access for backers will start on Sat Apr 20. We are currently working on additional patches in time for this backer's early access. Please be aware that if you play the game without this patch then bugs may remain in your save data that may affect your ability to complete the game. We ask that you kindly wait for this patch to be distributed before playing."

And that's a tweet from the 19th....

Kazer

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Wait didn't they say on the Discord that a patch was hitting today?! I don't understand. I could of been playing the past 2 days?
Yeah, there have been a couple posts from them in various places saying to wait until the patch coming today. But I guess that was really just 1.003 from a couple days ago? Or something.

Nov 15, 2017
As someone who has the Switch version it's telling me 1.02 is the latest but people keep mentioning 1.03. Is that only for other platforms or what

Mar 11, 2020
Huh? That patch hit a couple of days ago? But they literally had a tweet that said this

View: https://twitter.com/eiyuden/status/1781110307102073177

"72-hour backer Early Access for backers will start on Sat Apr 20. We are currently working on additional patches in time for this backer's early access. Please be aware that if you play the game without this patch then bugs may remain in your save data that may affect your ability to complete the game. We ask that you kindly wait for this patch to be distributed before playing."

And that's a tweet from the 19th....

That's what i am saying, either someone didn't get the memo and still put that out or they were lying then. More likely someone didn't get the memo.

Or this new post is wrong, i don't fuckin know anymore.

I just want my golden haired cat or whatever lol

Sangral

Powered by Friendship™
Feb 17, 2022
Don't know if this will work for you but here is a link to a screenshot I took about 8 hours in:

www.xbox.com

UraMallas | Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes | Xbox

A capture by UraMallas

tk3YQGF.png

A picture with the UI like in a battle would have been a little bit better and easier, (EASY to see on the battle order pictures like here)

HtueU9.png

But if I'm not completely wrong......

Holy shit. This is actually running in 4K here, while it is 1080p on PS5.

This is your full picture:

HEJ0eQ.png

What is going on??? 😱
Where is Digital Foundry when you need them to give awareness of weird port fails like this? Why is the Xbox version 4K but PS5 1080p? 😂😭😔
How can I make them fixing this??

FolderBrad

Oct 25, 2017
Conserve resources means don't use items or mp. Action limits sets the actions the ai will use. If you want them to just attack use attack only otherwise I have it set to attack until the build up 3 sp for a special. The next section gives attach priority if you don't have it restricted above. Last let's you effect enemy targeting.
I'm talking about the dozens of action types. It doesn't explain anything. "Attack (HP Damage)" means what exactly?? It this enemy hps? Highest hps? Lowest? What about action speed? What does that mean? Am I using an attack that is the fastest? Does "magical skill attack" mean an attack spell??

Nov 15, 2017

According to this, the patch they're talking about has been released for all platforms at this point except Asian Switch versions.

That would explain why my Switch version is 1.02 while everyone is talking about 1.03. Presumably 1.03 IS the patch they were talking about.

But things are so messy, can't say 100% for sure

Edit: Discord also seems to confirm this
https://www.reddit.com/r/EiyudenChr...per_the_discord_the_game_is_safe_to_play_now/

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2020
A picture with the UI like in a battle would have been a little bit better and easier, (EASY to see on the battle order pictures like here)

HtueU9.png

But if I'm not completely wrong......

Holy shit. This is actually running in 4K here, while it is 1080p on PS5.

This is your full picture:

HEJ0eQ.png

What is going on??? 😱
Where is Digital Foundry when you need them to give awareness of weird port fails like this? Why is the Xbox version 4K but PS5 1080p? 😂😭😔
How can I make them fixing this??
I still think something is up with ur pics cause at 1080p my battle ui does not look that fuzzy or blurry with portraits at all either way. Are you using the built in ps5 screen shots?

Mar 11, 2020
Got it from the Discord.

According to this, the patch they're talking about has been released for all platforms at this point except Asian Switch versions.

That would explain why my Switch version is 1.02 while everyone is talking about 1.03. Presumably 1.03 IS the patch they were talking about.

But things are so messy, can't say 100% for sure
That still doesn't make sense based on the ps4 patch notes for each patch. Lol this has been a mess. Thank god the game is fun

Sangral

Powered by Friendship™
Feb 17, 2022
I still think something is up with ur pics cause at 1080p my battle ui does not look that fuzzy or blurry with portraits at all either way. Are you using the built in ps5 screen shots?

Yes I am, at 1080p on your 1080p TV it obviously will look 100% sharp. There is nothing "up with my pictures". What I post are 4K Screenshots, but when the source is only 1080p and the rest gets blown up to 4K it obviously is that blurry, I don't know what the confusing part is here for you.
I post 4K pictures and of course it's not sharp cause the game output is 1080p.
But that will obviously be razor sharp on your 1080p TV.

If I have the PS5 version running and photograph a scene as close that you can see the literal pixels of the TV, this is what you see on PS5:

HEJLuD.jpeg

This is the PC version in native 4K on a 4K TV.

HEJvs0.jpeg

The Xbox Screenshot also runs in 4K.

HEJoVA.jpeg

FolderBrad

Oct 25, 2017
Do not leave the mine until you find the dash boots btw. They increase run speed which is significant QoL.

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
I think Suikoden fans will be kind to this game because we miss Suikoden. And its charm is working, and it's starting to grow on me.

But I also don't think this game is going to get amazing scores. It's incredibly messy in so many places. It feels like I'm playing a PS1 RPG in some of the bad ways. It feels budget and dated and desperately needs some more QoL with dialog and UI and whatnot. It just doesn't feel like any jrpg from a bigger studio or even indie dev would get away with some of the things this game is doing or lacking.
Yes, agreed. The other thing for me was the character design doesn't seem as considered and rich as the old games where they drew in a lot of cultural inspirations in their design and really developed the world building through that. A fair number of The characters here seem like generic anime types. Not that the classics didnt have that as well but I don't know just seems less thought out here.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Has anyone made ANY sense of the auto battle scripting commands? No explanation on what any of this stuff does, or am I missing a help prompt?
Not me, that's for sure:

If you want them to just attack use attack only otherwise I have it set to attack until the build up 3 sp for a special.
It doesn't even work, though. I set everyone to "Attack only" and they still used SP-using skills, which I don't want when I use auto-battle because the animations are longer 😩 It's super annoying.

The amount of walking a short distance and being stopped for story or a story battle is kind of annoying so far, like sheesh.
Yep, being constantly being interrupted is one of my complaints too

IonMagus

Banned
Feb 18, 2021
Yes I am, at 1080p on your 1080p TV it obviously will look 100% sharp. There is nothing "up with my pictures". What I post are 4K Screenshots, but when the source is only 1080p and the rest gets blown up to 4K it obviously is that blurry, I don't know what the confusing part is here for you.
I post 4K pictures and of course it's not sharp cause the game output is 1080p.
But that will obviously be razor sharp on your 1080p TV.

If I have the PS5 version running and photograph a scene as close that you can see the literal pixels of the TV, this is what you see on PS5:

HEJLuD.jpeg

This is the PC version in native 4K on a 4K TV.

HEJvs0.jpeg

The Xbox Screenshot also runs in 4K.

HEJoVA.jpeg

So only the PS5 Version is fucked up graphically?

Sangral

Powered by Friendship™
Feb 17, 2022
So only the PS5 Version is fucked up graphically?

Seems like it yes. I mean I have no idea what the Switch runs this in and if the handheld part is native 720p or the TV part is Switches max of 1080p, but when it comes to the other consoles and PC, yes. PC is PC, Xbox Series X runs in 4K 60, PS5 currently 1080p 60.

IonMagus

Banned
Feb 18, 2021
Seems like it yes. I mean I have no idea what the Switch runs this in and if the handheld part is native 720p or the TV part is Switches max of 1080p, but when it comes to the other consoles and PC, yes. PC is PC, Xbox Series X runs in 4K 60, PS5 currently 1080p 60.

What a middle finger to PlayStation backers lol

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Not me, that's for sure:

It doesn't even work, though. I set everyone to "Attack only" and they still used SP-using skills, which I don't want when I use auto-battle because the animations are longer 😩 It's super annoying.

Yep, being constantly being interrupted is one of my complaints too
If you set it to build up sp to 5 then they will attack only. I could have sworn the attack only worked maybe I was just a little tired when I was experimenting last night.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Framerate aside, Switch looks tack-sharp to me handheld, so I think it's 720p (and I'm assuming 1080p docked).

Edit: Yeah, looks like 1080p to me. Also, I think certain battle order portraits are lower resolution than others, depending on which characters you're using (Mellore looks a little blurrier than Nowa, for instance).

Sangral