• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
I find her to be quite decent tbh. Better than Iugo, I think? Her counter seems to trigger more often, including when she blocks for others. Throw Rune of the Firefly on her.
Apparently someone protecting a party member is based on their compatibility and I believe she actually has a positive with everyone so she will jump and protect anyone in the party which is pretty unique.

Zen_Mu

Dec 7, 2017
I don't think so. I wrote them numerous tweets whenever they were kinda active on Twitter and wrote them bug reports on their website and Discord. So far ZERO acknowledgment.

PS5 version is locked to 1080p currently while it should be native 4K like on Xbox.

Also, but that goes for every platform, the floor textures and several others are messed up and super blurry.

I wrote a bug report about the PS5 resolution issue and got this response:

Hi B.C,

Thanks for contacting 505 Games Support. Our team is hard at work on the issue already. Thanks for reporting it.

Luis
505 Games Support

So hopefully it gets fixed at some point.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
It sounds like you've probably missed some of the recruitable characters in the Grum County areas, so go back down the well into the Abandoned Mines (go out the back exit from the first floor of the castle into the cemetery). There's a shortcut that opened up in the mine, so you don't need to go back through the whole thing. There are also new people in the mine itself you can recruit now.
Woah, cool! I found this but didn't think there was anything else in there since I already got all the chests.

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit! (castle function spoiler)
The theater mode in this game is ridiculous. I've only got two plays so far, but you can assign anyone to the roles in the play and everyone has their own voiced script. I just had Seign and Perrielle act out Romeo & Juliet to great acclaim.

Now for the shi'arc adaptation of the same.

Mar 11, 2020
K so i am at the night of the final dungeon, i am at 90 hours lmao and still have side stuff to do and lots of cards to play, but anyone else that is endgame or at this point get a certain cutscene here?

It seems like i got a romantic scene with a random party member but i got Paquia? I'm so baffled at this. I recruited everyone, and i thought if there would be a scene like this it would be like most used battle party member or something but her? Why did i get Paquia lmao?

her-arrested.gif

I can't seem to find any info about this yet or if there even is certain criteria as likely not many have gotten to this point lol
I figured it out.

It is amount of times you talk to a character at the base, because i did 75 races if i talk to anyone else more than 75 times i get them instead

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
God I love the mix of high quality sprites and 3d environments/bosses. Some really striking scenes and it feels like a game with a real budget. Out of town and playing on the steam deck where it looks really nice outside of some oddly aliased character portraits. Definitely a battery hog but capped it at 40 fps because can drop below 60 fairly frequently

Wish you could turn the minimap off tho, game is lacking in options in general. I'm crazy and want to hold a button to run, not walk and you can't!

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the proving grounds bosses on hard!

Died on the second fight a couple times - had to change tactics up but was a breeze after. Game rules

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
The theater mode in this game is ridiculous. I've only got two plays so far, but you can assign anyone to the roles in the play and everyone has their own voiced script. I just had Seign and Perrielle act out Romeo & Juliet to great acclaim.

Wow that's amazing.

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
OK, I hate The Proving Grounds. I hate it. Everything I dislike about PSX era dungeons encapsulated in that space. Trial and error nonsense.

I was literally loving the game up till this point. Oh well, time to stick my nose down and finish this awful area.

Mar 11, 2020

I finally started that too, omg this is amazing. This was worth everything.

holy fuck i almost died laughing at the Rising play with Garoo as Isha, Isha as CJ, and CJ as Garoo. They all remark about why they hell they are playing each other. CJ does an Australian accent, and Isha keeps talking herself up the whole play. This was as amazing as i hoped it would be. God this added so much from having played Rising too. I was not expecting this to be fully voiced, holy shit this was a lot of work

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
So my first complaint: Hero Attacks. With no real indication on what the position of the characters have to be in the battle set up in order to activate them. So if it doesn't work (Lian/Nowa), swap them around until it does after the battle, rinse and repeat. I have to put Nowa in front and Lian in the back to use it instead of keeping both in the back so I can have Short Ranges all up front. Doubt my set up through the mines was optimal because of that lol

Ah well, it's a small complaint, just wish there was a better description in the Status screen. Unless there IS and I'm just missing it.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
So my first complaint: Hero Attacks. With no real indication on what the position of the characters have to be in the battle set up in order to activate them. So if it doesn't work (Lian/Nowa), swap them around until it does after the battle, rinse and repeat. I have to put Nowa in front and Lian in the back to use it instead of keeping both in the back so I can have Short Ranges all up front. Doubt my set up through the mines was optimal because of that lol

Ah well, it's a small complaint, just wish there was a better description in the Status screen. Unless there IS and I'm just missing it.
I don't even think I've noticed any hero combos since the tutorial. LOL I'll have to take a look at a guide or something once I recruit more characters. Not that I've needed the combos much (and the specials in general tend to be relatively long animation-wise too).

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
As someone who loves to cook, every character has shit taste in food and i hate it.

Yeah, I'm starting to think the fix for the cooking battles wasn't actually done properly.

I've had characters that are supposed to like Seafood actually give a bad score when I gave them Seafood. It just seems there is too much RNG involved to get a consistent score without resorting to constantly using Omelets and Coconut Water. Cooking Battles still seem very bugged, despite a patch being made for it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also...I just got my 100th recruit, I can finally
upgrade my Castle to the final upgrade. Only 20 more to go!

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
OK, I hate The Proving Grounds. I hate it. Everything I dislike about PSX era dungeons encapsulated in that space. Trial and error nonsense.

I was literally loving the game up till this point. Oh well, time to stick my nose down and finish this awful area.

Observe the map. It'll update every time you rotate the area.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Good grief. There is a recipe in the game called
Nanami Ice Cream

I wonder if that is a bit too on the nose, not that I'm complaining or anything. Love that kind of reference though.

Also in the dungeon where you recruit
-----CJ----
These enemies are dropping unappraised coins. Each dungeon clear can easily net you 250,000 Baqua per run. It's much more lucrative than the Trading Posts, but it's fairly late game so at that point you probably have more than enough money to sharpen all your recruits weapons to their maximum levels and outfit them with the best possible equipment.

Last edited:

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Sorry for the double post but I gotta say this. There are several posts in this thread making complaints about how the game never explains anything to you, such as opening up the map or how party formation in battles work. Have any of you checked out the HELP menu? Quite sure when you first go into the World Map for the very first time there is a tutorial pop-up and and one of the pages showing how to open the map is explained to you. Hell almost every major topic in games mechanics is all in the HELP menu. From Battle Formation, to Rune-Lens, Elemental and Weapon Attributes. The game basically comes with it's own damn built-in manual. Just press the Triangle-equivalent button on your controller and scroll over to the HELP option in the main menu folks.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I did not heed any advice in this thread and instead jumped head first into Beigoma as soon as it unlocked. I got all the monster drops available before advancing the story, and after much trial and error, forced my way through all the available story matches as well. I feel like I've gained a cursory understanding of how match ups work and how best to win (trying to force as many clashes as possible if your top isn't strong enough to outright win), but I still don't understand why sometimes it's a total toss up if I win or lose the same match up (when there are no clashes involved and I just boost ASAP every time). I guess there's just an RNG element involved in the damage calculations?

I don't super hate it.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Are you guys using a guide or wiki to find all heroes? I'm around 12h in and peeked at a Wiki and realized I have tons of heroes in old areas I need to find.
I think I need to explore more because most of them was in side areas I never even went to beause the main story pushed me in another direction.

Also in your base, are Resources from the Pasturage, mine etc automatically added to your storage or do I have to talk to the specific person about it? I went to the mine and the person in charge had a special screen but I could only talk to him, nothing else.

Last edited:

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
The appraisal shop counting the money you earn for an item appraisal is a tedious slog. I love this game but this is definitely something I wish that could be skipped immediately.

Feb 16, 2022
The game certainly could have less cutscene breaks. Feels like you are walking a short bit, cutscene break, walking another few steps, cutscene. I'm still early on, but I've played long enough for it starting to become worrying for the rest of the game.
It's so jarring and momentum breaking, especially since in Suikoden 1 and 2 there's no fade to black whenever you're about to see a story scene or an important dialogue.

Rad

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure how I feel with the way balancing has been done in this game. Some characters are amazing for most of the main game but then fall off really hard in end game. Or magic sucking for most of the game and then suddenly it becomes amazing but only few mages can use that high level magic.

But as a tip if you are still in early-ish game: If you want to know if some character is great even in end game go see the amount of their rune slots and the level of those rune slots (it's the small crystal image, up to 4 crystals). There are exception characters but generally this gives a good indication. For this reason characters like Nowa stay as one of the best characters, even though there are some characters with better stats or unique skills. And Momo is a god, just wanted to throw that there.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Game needs an anisotropic filtering option on pc bad, super distracting. Sure it's bad on consoles too but the norm there

Edit: Yume is just pure trash and I'm not missing anything right? Takes up two slots and does less damage than the healer lol. Low defense and health too despite being a bear with horns.

Last edited:

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
So there is no way to exit Legion battles? Like I had to quit the game and restart because certain NPC initiates one and there's no way out?

One thing is a battle system being abysmal, but having no quit button its just mean.

Mar 11, 2020
Sorry for the double post but I gotta say this. There are several posts in this thread making complaints about how the game never explains anything to you, such as opening up the map or how party formation in battles work. Have any of you checked out the HELP menu? Quite sure when you first go into the World Map for the very first time there is a tutorial pop-up and and one of the pages showing how to open the map is explained to you. Hell almost every major topic in games mechanics is all in the HELP menu. From Battle Formation, to Rune-Lens, Elemental and Weapon Attributes. The game basically comes with it's own damn built-in manual. Just press the Triangle-equivalent button on your controller and scroll over to the HELP option in the main menu folks.
Except for what stats do what exactly. That's not in there unfortunately that i could find.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still chopping through Rebirth (which is great albeit extremely long), but I had to just start this game and play the first 30 minutes. Super charming classic Murayama feel for sure. Not going full into it until I'm done w/ Rebirth, but then really going to dig in. Considering getting it on steam deck so I can play before bed, which I've mostly given up on but this might be a reasonable exception....

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
The Kickstarter fanservice elements to this make it feel like a really uneven product even if there is a lot to like.

The camera being designed to adhere to the ground like it is in this is sort of baffling. Really stands out in the mine area in the beginning.

Last edited:

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
I keep unlocking cool looking characters and then seeing their mediocre stats and four generic rune slots and getting disappointed...

Like I can't believe they just hand you Iudo and Yusuke right at the beginning of the game

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I'm on the second major boss and I hate it. lol the gimmick feels like a literal coin toss.

I had the same reaction.

Someone said that the side of the party it attacks in your prior turn will be the side it appears on next (I think, maybe opposite). I never went back to retry, but if you're able to, try that and share if it was one or the other....... or if it was still a coin flip lol

I depleted my entire stock of health restoratives doing that fight. Biggest case of brute-forcing I've faced thus far.

NoctisLC

Jun 5, 2018
Man I wish they'd get the patch out on gamepass already, I wanna play more but hate having to cap my fps every time.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I keep unlocking cool looking characters and then seeing their mediocre stats and four generic rune slots and getting disappointed...

Like I can't believe they just hand you Iudo and Yusuke right at the beginning of the game

Seriously. Iugo was literally the first unit I recruited, and he's never left my party yet. I don't know when I'm going to start picking up characters who are competitive with him but I hope it's soon.

Trigger