• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
why not just use the other elgato boxes? i dont get the need for this box
This device is for people who want to record their console gameplay at 4K/60 without the need of a PC/laptop nearby. I can see this being useful for reviewers and let's players. This can also come in handy for someone like myself who has more than one gaming area and doesn't have a laptop.

Of course, if your main goal is to live stream with some recording on the side, then this device is not for you.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I got one of these a while back and its worked well for me. I use it to send a signal to my older 4K TV which is super finicky with which cables it will work with. I've only streamed a handful of times so I haven't had any issues.

INPAQ

Oct 27, 2017
This looks pretty dope, but ever since COVID-19 stormed the scene, it's damn near impossible to find any type of Elgato streaming product in stock.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This looks pretty dope, but ever since COVID-19 has stormed the scene, it's damn near impossible to find any type of Elgato streaming product in stock.
If you're looking for 1080p capture stuff, I managed to cop the HD60S through Best Buy earlier this week. I was looking for the HD60S+ but that's sold out everywhere...

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for sharing your video! I have been having a lot of issues with my Avermedia device and may need to consider going back to Elgato.
None of them are perfect at all but I would say recently my Avermedia is also having way more issues than I feel comfortable with. In fact the only device I have ever used with any issues are an old Startech box that still works amazingly well and a AV.io 4k which has worked pretty much flawlessly despite it having a couple of bad reviews.