leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
why not just use the other elgato boxes? i dont get the need for this box
This device is for people who want to record their console gameplay at 4K/60 without the need of a PC/laptop nearby. I can see this being useful for reviewers and let's players. This can also come in handy for someone like myself who has more than one gaming area and doesn't have a laptop.

Of course, if your main goal is to live stream with some recording on the side, then this device is not for you.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I got one of these a while back and its worked well for me. I use it to send a signal to my older 4K TV which is super finicky with which cables it will work with. I've only streamed a handful of times so I haven't had any issues.

INPAQ

Oct 27, 2017
This looks pretty dope, but ever since COVID-19 stormed the scene, it's damn near impossible to find any type of Elgato streaming product in stock.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This looks pretty dope, but ever since COVID-19 has stormed the scene, it's damn near impossible to find any type of Elgato streaming product in stock.
If you're looking for 1080p capture stuff, I managed to cop the HD60S through Best Buy earlier this week. I was looking for the HD60S+ but that's sold out everywhere...

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for sharing your video! I have been having a lot of issues with my Avermedia device and may need to consider going back to Elgato.
None of them are perfect at all but I would say recently my Avermedia is also having way more issues than I feel comfortable with. In fact the only device I have ever used with any issues are an old Startech box that still works amazingly well and a AV.io 4k which has worked pretty much flawlessly despite it having a couple of bad reviews.