• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Honestly, everyone I have said that beans on toast is a fantastic lunch thinks it's absolutely crazy. They won't even try it. It's totally alien to them. And yet they try to push peanut butter and jam to me, get outta here with that.
Beans on toast with some white pepper and cheddar is a solid quick and easy lunch no doubt but I have to say the yanks got something right with PB&J, it's delicious.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, everyone I have said that beans on toast is a fantastic lunch thinks it's absolutely crazy. They won't even try it. It's totally alien to them. And yet they try to push peanut butter and jam to me, get outta here with that.
I just had it for supper at 11pm this evening. Beans goes peferfectly anytime especially with a breakfast.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Going for my Sunday brunch, sausages, hash browns, and rashes. I don't like egg so I have onion rings instead, white bread toast and tea.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a poached egg man rather than fried but I suck at making them.

Also I'm a Heinz Beaner but the wife is Branston and branston are on offer more so they win out usually.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Try as I might I cannot poach an egg.
An easy way I've found to do them is to fill up a mug 1/3 full of cold water, crack an egg in and then microwave for 1 minute. Obviously depends on the power of your microwave but once you've got the time right for your specific machine (which may involve at least one exploding in there because you've put it in too long!) you can knock them out without fail.

OP
OP
Geoff

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
An easy way I've found to do them is to fill up a mug 1/3 full of cold water, crack an egg in and then microwave for 1 minute. Obviously depends on the power of your microwave but once you've got the time right for your specific machine (which may involve at least one exploding in there because you've put it in too long!) you can knock them out without fail.

I will try that. How does it scale up for two eggs? Double the time? 150%?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
ive had a full english five times in my life and ive always enjoyed it

OP
OP
Geoff

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ive had a full english five times in my life and ive always enjoyed it

Yeah it's not really something that confounds expectations. If you like meat and eggs you're going to like a plate of meat and eggs. If you don;t like meat and eggs you're probably not going to enjoy it.

I suppose the most surprising things is why it's not more popular in places like the US. Eggs and bacon I understand is commonplace but then it seems to move in the direction of pancakes when you want something bigger, rather than towards sausage and toast, And then these is the beans issue.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Yeah it's not really something that confounds expectations. If you like meat and eggs you're going to like a plate of meat and eggs. If you don;t like meat and eggs you're probably not going to enjoy it.

I suppose the most surprising things is why it's not more popular in places like the US. Eggs and bacon I understand is commonplace but then it seems to move in the direction of pancakes when you want something bigger, rather than towards sausage and toast, And then these is the beans issue.
it's a fairly simple dish when you think about it, there are places in the US that understand that and work towards providing, but there's still some 'alien' elements

black pudding needs a bit more time before the US can pick it up

beanz luckily are a bit easier to come by, my local Kroger has them in stock at all times (in the foreign food section lol)

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
man, it's been almost three years since ive had a full english, this thread is really pulling me back

i need to look around me for sommit, I'm a lazy

Priester

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, I'd give your brekkie about a 6.5 out of 10.

Don't like black pudding or that kinda bread, lack of mushrooms also. However, your beans look spot on as does your hash browns (I prefer premade though).. If I could be bothered, I'd show you have to make a proper one :)

Also. THE best way (and nearly easiest way) to make a poached egg is in a frying pan!

Like this but without the cover for me, was a revelation coming from a normal pan:

www.youtube.com

How to poach eggs: frying pan method

Get perfect poached eggs every time by using this covered frying pan method.

OP
OP
Geoff

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it's fine, OP

a full english should be adaptable and conforming to some degree, especially depending on the location

ive heard of a vegetarian full english

Agreed. Anything goes really.

People have haggis, white pudding (whatever the fuck that is, never got to the bottom of it), cabbage, potato bread things, fucking chips/french fries (also personally I consider that BAD), minute steak (might be Australia that does that)

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here

People have haggis, white pudding (whatever the fuck that is, never got to the bottom of it), cabbage, potato bread things, fucking chips/french fries (also personally I consider that BAD), minute steak (might be Australia that does that)
the most important element is satisfaction

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
it's fine, OP

a full english should be adaptable and conforming to some degree, especially depending on the location

This is far too reasonable and rational a position. Waging holy war over what a full English should have is far more fun.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017

White pudding is black pudding without the blood - still tasty but not as strong tasting as black pudding but stronger tasting then a regular sausage (also still has oats and stuff in it) Very good with a bit of vinegar on it.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
it's fine, OP

Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope!

A full English HAS to include bacon/sausage, egg, beans and some sort of bread - toasted or fried. It can optionally include mushrooms, tomatoes, hash brown, black pudding - though in my mind mushrooms, tomatoes and black pudding are not optional.

Once you start adding things like haggis, white pudding, potato farls, soda bread etc it's no longer a full English. Hell, add soda bread/potato scones and you're moving more into Ulster Fry territory.

Thank you all for your attention, here endeth todays lesson. Good day!

felttopperFR.jpg

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope!

A full English HAS to include bacon/sausage, egg, beans and some sort of bread - toasted or fried. It can optionally include mushrooms, tomatoes, hash brown, black pudding - though in my mind mushrooms, tomatoes and black pudding are not optional.

Once you start adding things like haggis, white pudding, potato farls, soda bread etc it's no longer a full English. Hell, add soda bread/potato scones and you're moving more into Ulster Fry territory.

Thank you all for your attention, here endeth todays lesson. Good day!
thanks for the lesson

but i wasn't listening