• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
Questions for those who have unlocked gold junk:

1. Did you get it during a rainbow run?

2. Is it possible to unlock by breaking the the very first rainbow chest during a rainbow run?

Wondering if I can can break the first rainbow chest during a rainbow run and if no gold junk, quick restart, and repeat.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Questions for those who have unlocked gold junk:

1. Did you get it during a rainbow run?

2. Is it possible to unlock by breaking the the very first rainbow chest during a rainbow run?

Wondering if I can can break the first rainbow chest during a rainbow run and if no gold junk, quick restart, and repeat.

I got the gold junk for the first time in a regular run. I've heard you can get it in rainbow runs, but It's EXTREMELY rare, and I've never personally seen it in that mode. I wouldn't count on the plan of breaking the first rainbow chest and restarting if you don't get it. It might take you a very long and unfun time. Just play regularly and you'll get it eventually. Why do you desperately need it anyway?

Oct 28, 2017
I got the gold junk for the first time in a regular run. I've heard you can get it in rainbow runs, but It's EXTREMELY rare, and I've never personally seen it in that mode. I wouldn't count on the plan of breaking the first rainbow chest and restarting if you don't get it. It might take you a very long and unfun time. Just play regularly and you'll get it eventually. Why do you desperately need it anyway?
Trying to get 100% completion. Just missing a few items now. Already put in a couple hundred hours and have done everything else.

I'm missing Mustache too, I don't even recall seeing it for a long time.

Edit: lawwllll just got mustache.
Edit again: annnddddddd just got gold junk moments later. I'm playing the lottery tommorow what is going on

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Congratulations Gungron Era, you're the new community spotlight! The game just recently hit gamepass as well, so i'll finally be giving it a go!

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations Gungron Era, you're the new community spotlight! The game just recently hit gamepass as well, so i'll finally be giving it a go!
Nice.

Important tip for new players: Though the game emphasises dodge rolling and the developer is called dodge roll, try not to dodge roll too much. It's a trap. Most stuff can be avoided through use of scenery cover and just careful stepping around shots. Panic rolls are the easiest way to take damage since you have limited movement for a moment after rolling and you'll often find yourself rolling into unavoidable damage when you could have just stepped into a safe spot. It's a game where positioning is very important to keep yourself away from bad situations.

Also, abuse the shit out of the fact that you can slow down time once you have 2 guns. As soon as you enter a room, bring up the weapon wheel and watch to see what spawns, then plan your approach to the room.

Nov 29, 2017
It's a great game that I love - I just wish there was an easy mode, or something that will give me a lot more starting health. I can get to the third floor usually but only got to the fourth once! I know about rainbow mode but that's just weapons, and you can't unlock it till you've beaten the game once :(

Also, to new players: flip tables. Not only do they stop bullets, but you also get a second or so of invicibility - something I picked up from AbeClancy's tips video on YouTube which is worth a watch. This guy is seriously good at this game.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Anybody saw the new Exit the Gungeon spin-off game? They define it as a "dungeon climber".

It's an Apple Arcade exclusive at launch, and will most likely come to consoles/PC after the exclusivity window.

It looks very cool!

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
LTTP but I finally cleared the Lich and I'm on to trying to beat the Resourceful Rat. Keep failing in Round 2 of the Punch Out!! fight though. Love this game!

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
LTTP but I finally cleared the Lich and I'm on to trying to beat the Resourceful Rat. Keep failing in Round 2 of the Punch Out!! fight though. Love this game!

This game is so much fun! I honestly think the Resourceful Rat is the most difficult boss in the whole game. After more than 200 hours in Enter the Gungeon, I still cannot beat it consistently.

As a side note, don't uses Rainbow Mode on a run meant to beat the Rat. It's because you won't be able to unlock anything out of its chests, as they'll all give rainbow guy notes instead of unlockable items.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Oh wow! Never heard of this. It popped up on Game Pass but I was absorbed in other stuff and wasn't checking it out. Thanks for whoever spotlighted this game. It looks fucking awesome. Very much looks like my type of game.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
I finally killed a couple of pasts (Marine and Convict) and I have a spoilerific question about the story.

The ending is just a small picture of the character, the marine is getting a medal and the convict is relaxing on a beach. However, if you start a new game they're still in the breach ready for another run. That's obviously for gameplay purposes, but I was wondering if it was also tied to the inscription at the beginning: "kill your past... you already damned your future". Does this mean that they're condemned to an eternity in the gungeon, even after killing their past? That would be a pretty grim ending for a generally lighthearted game.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I finally killed a couple of pasts (Marine and Convict) and I have a spoilerific question about the story.

The ending is just a small picture of the character, the marine is getting a medal and the convict is relaxing on a beach. However, if you start a new game they're still in the breach ready for another run. That's obviously for gameplay purposes, but I was wondering if it was also tied to the inscription at the beginning: "kill your past... you already damned your future". Does this mean that they're condemned to an eternity in the gungeon, even after killing their past? That would be a pretty grim ending for a generally lighthearted game.
I think some of it is open to interpretation, but I think the story goes something like this:

It's a time travel thing where going into the gungeon is a permanent thing, at least for some iterations of your character. If you kill your past then *that* version of your character escapes the gungeon and moves on with life. But some iteration of your character will always be in the gungeon. The blacksmith in the 5th floor has some dialogue mentioning that people go into the dungeon without realizing that it's a permanent decision.

There is also a separate ending route that you can do after you unlock all pasts, which lets you go into a 6th floor called Bullet Hell. There, you challenge the Lich, which is the master of the gungeon. If you beat it, then you get to leave the gungeon by shooting the Lich with the Gun that can Kill the Past. This kicks you out of the gungeon, but also fires the bullet, which presumably creates another gungeon and restarts the cycle.

When you unlock the Gunslinger, who is the human version of the Lich before he became the Lich. If you beat his past, then you never become the Lich, the Bullet that created the gungeon is never fired, and the Gungeon is never created in the first place.

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
So finally got this game a month ago and have put about 5 hours into it so far. Atm have only reached the third floor and died to that cannonbalrog thing. But really enjoying it so far.