• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
Got Control and am eyeing Tetris Effect for 11$ with coupon.

Anymore recommendations for a discounted game? Wanted to buy and play through Heavy Rain again (Because why the fuck not lol) but it's 13$ in my region so no go there.

mantis

Oct 25, 2017
If I buy RDR2 on the epic store. Do I have to run both clients (Rockstar and Epic) to play it. Or can I play it only using the Rockstar one?

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little confused

So buying a game over $15 gets you a coupon to use on the spot. But is the wording also saying I should be getting another coupon on top of that?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little confused

So buying a game over $15 gets you a coupon to use on the spot. But is the wording also saying I should be getting another coupon on top of that?
You basically get a 10$ discount for each game above 15$, for as long as the sale is working.
Then if there have been some coupon left-overs, you can use them after the sale for a while, but they are limited.

MirVie

Nov 17, 2017
If I buy RDR2 on the epic store. Do I have to run both clients (Rockstar and Epic) to play it. Or can I play it only using the Rockstar one?

I'm wondering the same thing, but about Ubisoft. If I buy Assassins Creed Odyssey, do I get a Ubisoft code or do I need to use the Epic launcher every time I play it?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering the same thing, but about Ubisoft. If I buy Assassins Creed Odyssey, do I get a Ubisoft code or do I need to use the Epic launcher every time I play it?

Unless it's changed recently, Ubisoft games have no interaction with Epic's client. You're basically buying a Uplay key.

No idea if RDR2 is the same.

Dhoom

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Gonna use a VPN in the morning, try to get some even better deals. Which country has the lowest prices?

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
It's a clever deal because it actually makes fun of the fact that you can only buy one game at a time, by giving you a new voucher with each purchase.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Ubisoft titles, like Odyssey and Division 2, will be redeemed on my Uplay account as well if I buy it on Epic right? Thinking to buy a Ubisoft game there and launch it exclusively on Uplay.

Wetalo

Feb 9, 2018
Was trying to figure out how to get the Epic Game Store "Spend £15 or more" coupon to work on a purchase of two games that come to a total of over £15 and realised that they still don't have a shopping cart.

Games that were over £15, but have been discounted as part of the sale, would actually be cheaper if they had not been included in the sale. Superliminal was £15.99, so would be £5.99 with the £10 off coupon, but it does not qualify for the discount because it's now £12.79.

Similarly, games like John Wick Hex, What The Golf?, Ghostbusters Remastered, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, Manifold Garden, Yaga, Falcon Age, Kine, Cardpocalypse, Afterparty, The Sojourn, Readyset Heroes and more are *more* expensive because they've been discounted.

Doesn't seem like it was something that was deliberate by any of these developers or publishers, and which games will qualify for the coupon will depend on regional pricing etc. Just seems like Epic not knowing how to organise a sale.
I live in Canada and all those games you mentioned fit the definition for the coupon. Picked up John Wick Hex and Superliminal for $7 USD and $6 USD.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
Alright Epic, ya' finally got me with that first coupon being free.

Picked up:
  • Control
  • Manifold Garden
  • Tetris Effect
  • Journey
  • Wattam
  • Borderlands 3
  • Superliminal
  • Ghostbusters Remastered
  • Subnautica Below Zero
  • Afterparty
  • Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cant grab Afterparty because its just outside the coupon minimum, will definitely grab it after the sale ends.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't resist Tetris Effect for £13.99 to try it out in VR.

Tempted to get Detroit for £19.99, but I already have it on PS4. I assume it should run at better settings on my PC (GPU is an RTX 2060) though.

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not buying anything until they are done giving out free games. Their store only has about 200 games on it, and they are giving out 11 more games; too high a chance to buy something that is given away free later.

edit: turns out that the freebies are always games that aren't currently on the store, so no reason to wait.

Last edited:

PorcoLighto

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not buying anything until they are done giving out free games. Their store only has about 200 games on it, and they are giving out 11 more games; too high a chance to buy something that is given away free later.
Epic has always given out free games that are not yet on the store, after which they get converted to paid games. I'd say you are safe to buy, ofc, it is also wise to wait.

Volkama

Oct 30, 2017
Was Into the Breach in store before the giveaway? I think they'll be giving away games that aren't already in the store. I think the next game will be Towerfall and it's not in the store.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
So these 12 days of christmas games giveaway are they games that are not on the store yet? As in was Into the breach on the store before today? Coz I want to get Hades but will soo regret my purchase if it goes free in a few days:/

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
So these 12 days of christmas games giveaway are they games that are not on the store yet? As in was Into the breach on the store before today? Coz I want to get Hades but will soo regret my purchase if it goes free in a few days:/
Right. If there's a SG freebie, it'll probably be Pyre. I also imagine they'll let you refund the game if it goes free in a few days.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little confused

You get a $10 coupon first without spending anything. Then you get another if you buy a game that costs 14.99 or more. And so on.

Volkama

Oct 30, 2017
Hades is still in early access, they definitely won't give it away.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Was Detroit always $40 or dod they raise the price during this sale? Thinking of grabbing Red Dead 2

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
I would love Pyre to be one of the freebies. I'm hesitating on buying any indie stuff via Steam until all these EPIC free games come out. I've owned a good chunk of the free games already on Steam, but redeem them because why not?

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed Tetris Effect for £13 and Control for £22. Was waiting on both of those being a bit cheaper.

I was almost tempted by Borderlands being £22 as well, but just don't think I'd play it any time soon, so probably better off waiting.

Ababol

Oct 25, 2017

They never give away games that are already on the EGS. Free games are always new additions to the store.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
So...the coupon unapplied itself after I entered my card details, which I did not notice until after I had hit the submit button. Welp. Guess I bought Wattam for $22 instead of $11.