• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Not supporting a scummy company out of principle. But eh, what do people know about principles ! We have people in some threads shaming victims of pedophilia for criticizing a publisher siding with a pedophile website ! If people are able to brush off something that big, they can brush off anything !
You know that they don't make anything by giving you a free game? You actually likely cost them money when you do it?

I mean, that's one way to stick it to the man I guess. "I'll show you! You can keep your $100!"

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Their latest game (unless they added a new one today)

That kingdom game was offered free on both GOG and Steam free before...

I know this because I now have a steam , GOG and now Epic store version of the game....lmao

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I tried Enter The Gungeon... really cool style, mechanics, arena design and stuff... after 20 minutes of play I die on a boss and I lose everything.
Quit the game and uninstall, I really can't stand roguelikes :'D

I try them all the time and I end hating them even if I really like the mechanics (like this one), but I can't handle this formula, at all.
Such a waste :'(

LaTasse

Nov 7, 2017
Between free games at Epic and gamepass with microsoft, it's possible to game on pc for one or two month for just a buck.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
This. We finally have a Steam competitor that AFAIK takes a smaller cut from the profits (good for devs)
AND gives away free, high quality games on a weekly basis. And people hate it?

WTF era. Shame!

sigh

no cloud saves, no achievements, no Big Picture mode, no Linux support, no Custom Controller stuff, no user reviews, no community forums, games only available for a fixed price, and limited regional pricing support.

All at the cost of higher developer (read publisher, since most games on EGS have a publisher) cut, and giveaway of free games that can be bought for less than a fiver at a sale elsewhere (I swear, Rime was on sale for like 3 bucks on Fanatical the week before it was offered on EGS)

Epic, If your store's so awesome, why don't you let us choose if we want to pay more for less features or not? y'know, something called actual competition, rather then this exclusivity bullshit?

Big_Erk

Oct 27, 2017
Chief's Kingdom
You know what? I have been collecting these free games on Epic Games and I was genuinely ready to jump in. Played a bit of The Witness on my lunch break yesterday and enjoyed it enough that I decided to play it at home today. WTH! What do you mean there are no cloud saves? For an online games store this should be one of the first things they roll out.

Oct 29, 2017
Finally tried enter the gungeon and i loved it. Gonna buy on steam.
xD This post is amazing
I tried Enter The Gungeon... really cool style, mechanics, arena design and stuff... after 20 minutes of play I die on a boss and I lose everything.
Quit the game and uninstall, I really can't stand roguelikes :'D

I try them all the time and I end hating them even if I really like the mechanics (like this one), but I can't handle this formula, at all.
Such a waste :'(
In case you don't realize it, you don't lose everything upon death on these types of roguelites. You gain currency that transcends death and you unlock more things the more you play. Yes, actual progress through your run is reset though, and I understand that's what you seem to mainly be talking about. It's not for everyone.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Win-win, at least as far as I'm concerned. The mental gymnastics of people who think this is a bad, desperate measure or some sort of bribe (lol) is kind of baffling, but also just irrelevant noise at this point.

the_kaotek1

Oct 25, 2017
Meh a ton of games I already have through Humble and/or PS+ (many of which I've still not played). I think from that list Thimbleweed park is the only one I don't have.

My advice to Epic (not that they care in the slightest) would be to sort their store out and stop with the exclusive nonsense Look how MS has completely turned their public perception around by being incredibly consumer friendly. Do that

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Meh a ton of games I already have through Humble and/or PS+ (many of which I've still not played). I think from that list Thimbleweed park is the only one I don't have.

My advice to Epic (not that they care in the slightest) would be to sort their store out and stop with the exclusive nonsense Look how MS has completely turned their public perception around by being incredibly consumer friendly. Do that
I own all free Twitch Prime, GOG, Epic, many humble and humble monthly and some other steam indie games. Help! They flood my PC!

Still want to try Sims 4. Goddammit.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
"Account"->Payment History" will show you any games you redeemed through the free games they give away. Along with anything you actually purchased.
Weird, it shows that my earliest purchase was Oxenfree when it was free but I got other free games like Axiom Verge before that don't appear on the list.
They appear just fine on the client, though.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Weird, it shows that my earliest purchase was Oxenfree when it was free but I got other free games like Axiom Verge before that don't appear on the list.
They appear just fine on the client, though.

There may be a thing regarding recent 3 months or something. I remember seeing Axiom Verge on the list before as well.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The lack of information on games on it's store page is extremely annoying. Just price, description what the game is about, who developed/published it and social media links. No info on anything else. No release date. No SP/MP/local coop/stats info, no overview of some critic reviews, no user rating (doesn't have to be user text reviews, just stars or whatever people can vote on), no update history, nothing.

Even worse is VR compatible games. There is no info on which VR headset a game like Trover or the upcoming Falcon Age supports. It just says the games are compatible with VR headsets, nothing else. It is very important to give customers information to know if their VR headset works with the game or not.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The lack of information on games on it's store page is extremely annoying. Just price, description what the game is about, who developed/published it and social media links. No info on anything else. No release date. No SP/MP/local coop/stats info, no overview of some critic reviews, no user rating (doesn't have to be user text reviews, just stars or whatever people can vote on), no update history, nothing.

Even worse is VR compatible games. There is no info on which VR headset a game like Trover or the upcoming Falcon Age supports. It just says the games are compatible with VR headsets, nothing else. It is very important to give customers information to know if their VR headset works with the game or not.
Yeah it's pretty lame. I'd like to support their store far more but damn shits still barebones af.