• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
There's a point where it stops being scummy and just become brazen, and honestly, i don't feel bad for anyone who buys into the game.

Get that bag, douchebro devs.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Well that's incredibly disappointing. I've always enjoyed watching streamers like summit1g play but knew I'd never be able to compete. And then when discussion of cheaters came around that sealed my fate. I was always holding out that a PvE mode would happen and this is what it come down to. I can only hope that they have another option in mind or quickly change this. I love the gameplay loop, just give me a way to enjoy it with a bit less skill than other players out there.

Grove

Apr 3, 2024
Game is so balls. Not sure why people think it's good.
It's genuinely good offline and modded.
Well that's incredibly disappointing. I've always enjoyed watching streamers like summit1g play but knew I'd never be able to compete. And then when discussion of cheaters came around that sealed my fate. I was always holding out that a PvE mode would happen and this is what it come down to. I can only hope that they have another option in mind or quickly change this. I love the gameplay loop, just give me a way to enjoy it with a bit less skill than other players out there.
SPT has been around for years and the things modders have done with it are insane. There's a real concern that they're gonna go after SPTarkov now but even if they did and all development suddenly stopped, there's no doubt in my mind that SPTarkov is already better than the official version will ever be. Don't buy the game, especially after this but if you find someone giving away their account or a spare key, I'd recommend it for PvE alone.

View: https://youtu.be/HUaXa8_VRBo

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H52R3wgOzqw

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
How do they even expect to build a PvE community by locking it behind such an expensive add-on?

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
Actual scammers. Tbh given they sold an edition that was supposed to include all dlc and they're suddenly trying to change that deal, I'd hope they get hit with lawsuits, or delisted from the store, or both until they reverse that. Absolutely ridiculous
Their community manager said the pve is a "feature". Lol

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
The game may be a lot of fun and I'm glad people are enjoying it, but maybe it's time to walk away? The developer is very clearly saying what it thinks of its player base, and it doesn't sound health to me.

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
The game may be a lot of fun and I'm glad people are enjoying it, but maybe it's time to walk away? The developer is very clearly saying what it thinks of its player base, and it doesn't sound health to me.
One of my friends is addicted to the game and bought it immediately.

I hope most players DONT do that, but BSG knows well many will. They have been pushing this direction for awhile because they know what the most hardcore players will do for an advantage.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
That is stupid. I would buy that and I never touched Tarkov but at 250??? Get the fuck out of here.

Edward

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I want to see the people defending the Star Wars Ubisoft game pricing defend this with the same vigor.
Apples to oranges comparison the backlash from this isn't even the price it's the fact they sold us an edition for 7 years that promised all DLC and then rug pulled us on a mode we've wanted for 7 years.

If this edition didn't include this exclusive mode this wouldn't even be a news story. Is the price absurd? Sure, but it isn't the core issue. They've literally been selling a $150 edition for 7 years in which a LARGE % of the EFT community owns.

Rubmifer

Oct 28, 2017
What the fuck are these guys smoking? 250€? Yeah they can fuck right off. I hope it bombs miserably.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017

Hope it goes well.

We are starting to get more options in the space that offer similar gameplay styles. Although i dont think a mass exodus would happen from Tarkov due to the many hours of investment people have made. We just need one of these games to really nail a good loop and people will gravitate to it.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
I mean BSG has been trying over time to see what they can get away with charging. EOD was blatantly bad when it came out too, offering huge stashes and bigger pouches for paying more? I own EOD just because I really enjoy the game and it was basically a necessity, but now I'm done I think. Once they added in more stash as a microtransaction on top of the EOD stash, it just became weird. I think that the community heavily supporting the stash increases made them realize they could release this 250 dollar edition. It's also weird how heavily the community was saying that BSG needs money and it's great to support them, when 90% of the playerbase owned EOD to begin with. I don't know another game that has managed to get most of it's playerbase to buy a 150 dollar version of the game and have them wanting to spend more.

Chick3n

Nov 6, 2018
Also looks like BSG has been referencing cooperative play as a EoD feature. This needs to be litigated if I'm reading this correctly.
KwcFmA3.png
That's talking about something different. Tarkov has always had an offline practice mode where nothing saves. A while ago they added an EoD only feature where you could play that mode with friends on a dedicated server but it still didn't save anything. At some point they removed EoD from sale which meant new users couldn't access it. That was them saying they'd add it eventually for everyone which they did as a $10 upgrade. EoD never lost access to it though.

KRT

Aug 7, 2020
Im glad this backlash exists. Hopefuly they wont sell enough copies for their Western counterparts to become jealous of their 250euro edition. (looking at you Ubisoft).

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I have not played a moment of 'real' Tarkov since I heard about SPT years ago. It's truly excellent.

Jun 6, 2018
EOD isn't sold anymore either so it's not even that you can still buy that if you wanted as well I'm pretty sure. l'm glad I quit this game.

Zookfoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Hey for all you guys wanting a PvE Extraction Shooter, definitely be on the lookout for The Division: Heartland! They'll probably be announcing an open beta at Ubisoft Forward in June, and I recommend it!

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
I understand that after almost 8 years they need other ways to make money from it... but this isnt it..

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
wth... just read through the patch notes and what this edition is adding.

- you get increased pocket size (so be able to carry more loot)
- you skills have a higher starting level (which affects things like recoil control, sprint speed, med effectiveness, ADS speed and alot more. it also makes availability of some quests alot easier for quests that require certain skill levels)
- you have an item with which you can call-in your friends so they can join you while you are in raid
- a item that makes enemy AI be less aggressive towards you and reduces prices for paid extracts

and a few more...

this is insane. like we are mad when publishers have slight XP bonuses with DLCs or earlier access to new weapons... but this is like the most blatant pay to win stuff you can imagine.
And the price of it makes it even more ridiculous

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
wth... just read through the patch notes and what this edition is adding.

- you get increased pocket size (so be able to carry more loot)
- you skills have a higher starting level (which affects things like recoil control, sprint speed, med effectiveness, ADS speed and alot more. it also makes availability of some quests alot easier for quests that require certain skill levels)
- you have an item with which you can call-in your friends so they can join you while you are in raid
- a item that makes enemy AI be less aggressive towards you and reduces prices for paid extracts

and a few more...

this is insane. like we are mad when publishers have slight XP bonuses with DLCs or earlier access to new weapons... but this is like the most blatant pay to win stuff you can imagine.
And the price of it makes it even more ridiculous

Battlestate is fucking shameless. What a fucking crock.

NuKER

Dec 15, 2017
Portugal
What a ridiculously shit.
I have the EOD and played it a lot since alpha but stoped playing it for a couple years now. Guess I'm out forever and will continue playing Hunt Showdown.

chapel

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I have played Tarkov a ton. I have gifted like 6 or 7 copies of the game to various people.

This is BS and while I have no problem spending money on games I enjoy, I will not be buying this and may chose to avoid Tarkov going forward just to send whatever message I can as little as it would be.