MANTRA

Feb 21, 2024
I think Tarkov is one of the most unique and immersive multiplayer shooters ever made and even I think this a complete fucking joke. Shame on you Nikita and BSG.

SpoonSpatula

Oct 27, 2017
Battlestate Games being deceitful/scummy/liars/doing questionable things is hardly surprising. The monumental failure that was Tarkov: Arena probably also played a role in this move. They really thought they could break into the e-sports scene with that.

I have so many good memories playing this with a friend in 2020-2021 after we both bought the Edge of Darkness editions. And I absolutely adored the hardcore nature of it - nothing has scratched that itch since. But the repetitive gameplay loop just became too much for me (especially that feeling of 'what's the point' when nearing the season wipes). The moment I realised it crossed into 'grind for the sake of grind' territory, the will to play it just died.

4o3wcrdjvlwc1.png

On a personal level, I don't get p2w upfront 'perks' like these. The whole beauty of tarkov for me was that it is brutally punishing. Why would I want to make it easier? I want them to shoot at me! (even if the AI was questionable to begin with).

Last edited:

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
lol

Hello, Tarkov citizens!
To honor the owners of the EOD version and their indelible importance and role in the EFT universe, we plan to add the following new unique features to the EOD edition:
  • Faster return of insured items
  • Increased personal trader buying limits by 20%
  • Increased basic PMC karma (when it will be implemented)
  • Access to unique hideout craft
  • Increased basic charisma skill
  • Special quest line with increased pockets side as a reward
  • Ability to skip 2 daily quests per day free of charge
  • Unique dog tag
  • Unique armband
  • Unique set of clothing
  • Unique "Legacy" device
  • High priority matching for EOD owners for 6 months
  • Access to offline PVE for EOD owners for 6 months
We will provide those changes and additions as fast as possible.
Temporary access to PVE will be provided as soon as we will reinforce server infrastructure of that particular gamemode for a wider audience, because we use totally different servers for that and now there is a really limited amount of them.
Thank you!
Take care,
dev team

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/1cdg9cu/the_update_regarding_eod_edition/

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
lol

Hello, Tarkov citizens!
To honor the owners of the EOD version and their indelible importance and role in the EFT universe, we plan to add the following new unique features to the EOD edition:
  • Unique dog tag
  • Unique armband
  • Unique set of clothing
  • Unique "Legacy" device
Temporary access to PVE will be provided as soon as we will reinforce server infrastructure of that particular gamemode for a wider audience, because we use totally different servers for that and now there is a really limited amount of them.
Thank you!
Take care,
dev team

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/1cdg9cu/the_update_regarding_eod_edition/

this makes it sound like they will introduce subscriptions to matchmaking and PvE mode lmao

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
lol

Hello, Tarkov citizens!
  • Unique dog tag
  • Unique armband
  • Unique set of clothing
  • Unique "Legacy" device
Thank you!
Take care,
dev team

Wow, this is embarrassing.

How far up your own ass does a head need to be to think that they thought giving them limited time access to the rug pull content you promised buyers was a good idea. In the same post they are trying to sate angry players by throwing them p2w bullshit they are starting to peddle, they remind them they are second class citizens by highlighting the matchmaking priority.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
lol

Hello, Tarkov citizens!
  • Unique dog tag
  • Unique armband
  • Unique set of clothing
  • Unique "Legacy" device
Thank you!
Take care,
dev team

How generous.

Gangrel

Oct 25, 2017
Priority queuing is insane, especially since it usually takes me 5+ minutes to get into a match.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
"To honor the owners of the EOD version and their indelible importance and role in the EFT universe"

Nikita has never been subtle or clever. Gotta love the passive aggressiveness in the opener here.

Fuck this fucking company

Nyaghoggua

Apr 3, 2024
Loving the context note. Also I don't want priority queuing. People who spent $80 on an early access title deserve the same queue time I do. It's entirely BSG's problem if someone sits around for ten minutes.
rgqGDlm.png

If cash flow really is the issue, why wouldn't they be pushing people towards a singleplayer/cooperative mode that if architected with cost cutting in mind, would save them money on hosting? There's no reason we couldn't just do everything entirely offline for the sake of mods and let modders continue to play modded multiplayer privately using Stay in Tarkov.

Grassy

Oct 25, 2017
I bought the EoD edition 5 years ago but haven't touched the game for a few years now due to multiple issues. Always rubbed me the wrong way how arrogant the devs were when the community requested basic fixes/features, not to mention the game is still in beta after 7 fucking years and all the cheater and lag/server issues the game has had.

I haven't followed the EFT community for years, so had no idea about the SP mod. I've downloaded it and a bunch of other mods as this seems like exactly what I wanted from Tarkov all along.

Also, this modded enemy AI goes hard

View: https://clips.twitch.tv/SillySpicyThymeSmoocherZ-kJEqaXTs4LgC8AgZ

Lil Bee

Feb 13, 2024
I hope not. First time hearing about the SPTarkov mod and watching Klean play it. it looks amazing.

Yeah it's pretty cool. I know it currently exists with BSG's permission, but to my (incredibly limited) understanding, it's because they do not step on the toes of anything in the game. They can't implement co-op for instance, because it would mean some level of online implementation, even if it doesn't intermingle with the main game - it'd be deemed stepping on toes, to be reductive and uncaffeinated about it. I don't really see how SPTarkov would be *allowed* to continue when BSG are then offering a proper offline mode. In fact, I think the whole reason for this existing is pretty much in response to the mod's existence.
Hopefully all the blowback will force BSG to not be a bunch of thundercunts about all of it. Shitty situation.

MJPIA

Oct 25, 2017
When in doubt double triple and quadruple down

Let me clarify the situation in a little more detail regarding owners of the EoD version and access to the cooperative mode, and also other issues.

First of all, PvE gamemode this is not DLC. DLC in our understanding is the major additions to the game, including various functionality and content that are released after the official release of the game as a themed DLC pack (Scav Life DLC for example, which will add a lot of new mechanics and content for Scav gameplay and leveling).

Secondly, this specific functionality of the PvE mode is necessarily located entirely on a separate network infrastructure, because, essentially, you play on our servers, only in closed mode. At this stage, it is not possible to launch all players who are EoD holders - right now we simply do not have the required amount of resources for this.

We observe your dissatisfaction and have decided that the functionality of the PvE mode will be available for free to all owners of the EoD version at the release of the game, when the server infrastructure will be improved to the required capacity.

Now you have the opportunity to test this mode by purchasing the Unheard edition of the game, or upgrade to this version. We also decided to give a 50% discount when upgrading to the Unheard version from the EoD version.

We plan to send one free Left Behind Edition key to everyone who has already upgraded to Unheard Edition at the old price from the EoD version.

Moreover, so that any player of any version of the EFT can have the opportunity to test the PvE mode, we want to add the ability to purchase a separate early access to this mode. For EoD owners there will be a 70% discount on the purchase of early access to PvE. It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on this idea.

Next, regarding special items for the Unheard version, we plan to make restrictive or balancing changes for these items.

This is it for now, please share your thoughts. Thank you

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
They deserve to have the fans move onto another game.

Sad part is, there are reports of people who bought the unheard edition and have been playing it.

Cant wait to see the Edge of Unheard edition in a few years for a measly $400

Lil Bee

Feb 13, 2024
But this new PVE mode isn't offline. As I understand it it's still online only. They even talk about how it uses a different server than the regular PVPVE mode.

Ohh, I see, I honestly didn't dig into it at all. I just heard PVE mode and assumed the worst. Okay, thanks for letting me know!

Dev

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
So is this some clickbait thing where the super ultra premium edition is $250, or is this real. How do they have the nerve.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Everything in the OP sounds like a scam by scumbag devs. Feel sorry for fans of the game. Have they always been this shitty or is this the devs taking advantage of all the people that have been supporting them for years? Preying on the sunk cost fallacy.

Kemiko

Oct 5, 2018
They couldn't have handled this in a worse or more scummy way. Outside of charging more.

This is quite possibly the most egregious case of locking stuff behind a paywall that I've seen. It's such a laughably bad idea that it should be a satirical article on harddrive.

Nyaghoggua

Apr 3, 2024
First of all, PvE gamemode this is not DLC. DLC in our understanding is the major additions to the game, including various functionality and content that are released after the official release of the game as a themed DLC pack (Scav Life DLC for example, which will add a lot of new mechanics and content for Scav gameplay and leveling).
The audacity of this motherfucker playing semantics using post-launch features while the game is in its seventh year of early access.

Can't imagine why anyone would play this over pretty much anything else in the same genre.
Nothing else is a viable replacement. Operation Red River is practically an FPS template still and Call of Duty DMZ lacks depth. As shitty it is what they're doing, people into this type of genre are best spending the least amount of money possible on this game and dealing with the hacker infestation or installing SPTarkov.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure if all those people paid $250 they'd magically find the capacity

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
The audacity of this motherfucker playing semantics using post-launch features while the game is in its seventh year of early access.

I hope it backfires harshly with their community. Because I just KNOW other companies are licking their lips at changing the "definition" of DLC so that Season Passes no longer count towards "xxx feature" that they can re-charge at a premium price.

PVE mode now part of EoD Pass New

MJPIA

Oct 25, 2017
Dude really said I'm sorry you feel that way.
You can just feel how drug out this non-apology is.
Let me continue my feedback on the current situation. First of all, I would like to say that I am very sorry that fans and the game community in general are experiencing these feelings. Unfortunately, I somehow did not foresee the fact of such a reaction and now I have drawn conclusions for my future decisions.

Now I will briefly summarize the main points:

About PvE access - we decided to just open it for EoD owners for free, but we will do it in waves. As I said before - we don't have server capacity right now. We will start this process as soon as possible

We also decided that we will add MOD support for PvE mode after release of the game

About the Unheard edition - we will not remove it, we want to keep the option for those who want to support the game more. But we will balance items, perks in this edition, as well as we will provide more rewards for those, who upgraded with the old price

New EoD perks will be balanced too. We will remove prioritized matching option to keep everyone in the same spot. And we will add more unique stuff to highlight the EoD version in general. We will provide the final list of the new EoD perks asap

We continue to work on patches, new content, events, and the game release itself no matter what

Thank you for your time, love and hate, and thank you for your increased attention to the current situation.

Nik