• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Come on man, this seriously better not be some dumb stunt. I liked Etika in small doses but I can't watch anything in the future if he thinks doing this kind of stuff is a joke

Oct 28, 2017
I mean... just because he was being overdramatic doesn't mean it's a stunt.

If I was actually just taking the piss every time I was overdramatic I wouldn't have any friends anymore. I'm gonna extend him the benefit of the doubt for now. Let's not jump to conclusions.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dude just cut out one of the biggest sources of income he has (YouTube)

He's clearly not in a good place mentally at the moment.

randomhugs

Oct 25, 2017
My initial reaction was that he was suicidal. After reading his Reddit post again, I'm pretty sure he talking about his channel.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Etika if he's been playing with this crap. Not even close to being funny.

Painguy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
California
Dude needs professional help. "Jokes" like this aren't normal. You don't just throw away your livelihood over a "ARG". I feel like the dude is covering up for sn episode of somekind that he had.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I had a friend who suffers from sickle cell disease and he basically tried to trick me he might be dying soon this one time.

I lose so much respect for him when he soon told me he was basically just trolling.

I was crying over it and shit. What a shitty move.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yup, as a publicity stunt this makes ZERO sense, especially this close to Smash which is Etika's biggest money maker by far. This was for sure a cry for help.
Yeah and a Direct is right around the corner. While the dude might be fine in that he's not killing himself or in any danger it's clear something's going on and he needs help

Oct 25, 2017
Let's not instantly attack him for posting that on Reddit. Even joking about suicide means someone is likely not in a good mental state.
This is where I'm at

Even if this is over-dramatized, some of the things posted are still troubling. Lashing out for public attention is still indicative of a greater problem at hand most of the time

Keep in mind this man just essentially deleted his livelihood from the internet. I think it's irrational to immediately jump to conclusions and assume this is a fully schemed, deliberate and malevolent bit

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This dude need help, bad.

You don't go this nuclear on your very successful Youtube channel for getting put on read only on Twitter.

Razor Mom

Jan 2, 2018
United Kingdom
Okay, listening to the stream with @JoeyPokeaim on the phone - he says he's okay, but he wasn't allowed into his apartment, Etika and his girlfriend were in there, and Etikas mom (??) Didn't let Joey in, seems pretty confusing atm.

Edit: He say's they're "trying to calm him down and get him to go to sleep" ????

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Hey dudes, let's not jump on Etika for this. This is looking more and more like either a cry for help or a mental episode. Let's just be happy he's safe before we jump to conclusions.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

Update: Joey went to his house, apparently a bunch of people are there including Etika's mother and girlfriend. He wasn't allowed in, but he's safe and alive. Along with that they said they were "trying to put him to sleep", but that it's really hectic and he's fine.

Last edited:

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to know he's safe, now we hope he looks for the helps he needs. Like you have commented, why even kill your main source of income a month away from Smash's release, the content that historically has given you the most?

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Let's not instantly attack him for posting that on Reddit. Even joking about suicide means someone is likely not in a good mental state.

This is true and something a lot of people dont know about or understand. Joking about suicide is often one of the first signs that ideation has been happening for some time.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Hey dudes, let's not jump on Etika for this. This is looking more and more like either a cry for help or a mental episode. Let's just be happy he's safe before we jump to conclusions.
I mean sure we can be happy, but at the same time, this does not help the cases of other people who may actually have a problem and be seen as a boy who cried wolf. Can we talk about it that way?

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I mean sure we can be happy, but at the same time, this does not help the cases of other people who may actually have a problem and be seen as a boy who cried wolf. Can we talk about it that way?

This is looking more and more like it was a serious situation, and not a "boy who cried wolf" kind of story. It would wiser to wait until we have all the info before declaring him guilty of anything.

Edit: wait, I think I totally misread this post. Are you talking about other suicide cases being dismissed because of a boy who cried wolf mentality?

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Sounds like he may be on suicide watch?

Sad. That's a shame. Well, hope he gets help then.

Beyond that it's none of my business. Stuff like this feels kinda weird to gossip about...

Oct 25, 2017
Was watching a live stream of some dude trying to "solve the ARG", kept asking for donations despite chat telling him how bad that looked.

Pretty gross.

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
This is kinda confusing situation, so will wait for more updates I guess.
Hope he can get back to doing his livestreams.